Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Has anyone hear used the Qi case for the Z3? Since it's a flipcase, did you also remove the flip part? Please share your experience with it, I'm considering swapping up to the Z3 from the Z3c, primarily for Qi and the larger screen. If the Qi case is lame and not cool though, that will definitely impact my decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Chikimiki posted:

Hopefully the Moto X 2015 will revert back to 4.7" and have it (and come with 64 gb in Europe) :colbert:

Man the 4.7 size is still solid and one of the main reasons I didn't jump on a 2014. I don't know why they just can't have two sizes of the flagship.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

incoherent posted:

Man the 4.7 size is still solid and one of the main reasons I didn't jump on a 2014. I don't know why they just can't have two sizes of the flagship.

Technically they do have two sizes if you count the Nexus 6.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

incoherent posted:

I'm sure the people in charge of such decisions have done enough research and concluded not enough people want a smaller phone to make it worth while. I mean how many manufacturers do it. Sony?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Desk Lamp posted:

According to DxOMark, the Galaxy S6 Edge and the Note 4 have the best cameras of any smartphone at the moment, the first time an Android phone has bested the iPhone when it comes to the camera. Also interesting is the fact the Nexus 6 managed to crack the top ten, coming in at number 8, several spots ahead of the iPhone 5S even. Shows how much the camera was improved over the Nexus 5's.

Weird that the G2 is 15th but the G3 isn't on there at all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

Some versions of the s6 use a qualcomm radio.

Didn't know that, thanks!

Also, someone mentioned about 2013 phones getting 5.0 update. Samsung updated the S4 to Lollipop on February (my spanish S4 had it early march, but didn't flash it stock anyways). Not bad considering that is way over the expected 18 month support.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="444690051"]
Weird that the G2 is 15th but the G3 isn't on there at all.

They haven't tested the G3.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Sony Canada finally released the Lollipop update for the Z2 and lower ( at least on Bell ). I didn't see it waiting but a manual check this morning under Software Update had it showing.

Hooray!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Jeez, Android 5.1.1 is already out on Galaxy S6/E on T-Mo.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
After watching a video of the Zenfone 2 get slightly, but steadily outperformed by the Nexus 6, I'm probably upgrading to it. Anything making that a stupid plan in the next two weeks?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

ruby idiot railed posted:

my turbo sits here, silently weeping

Have droids always had such a poo poo upgrade schedule?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

After watching a video of the Zenfone 2 get slightly, but steadily outperformed by the Nexus 6, I'm probably upgrading to it. Anything making that a stupid plan in the next two weeks?

If you are in the US, 1) where are you getting it and 2) is it the US model or an international model.

Edit: unless you mean you are getting the Nexus 6 and in that case never mind.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

this_is_hard posted:

my turbo sits here, silently weeping

Have droids always had such a poo poo upgrade schedule?

The Galaxy S4 on Verizon got Lollipop this week.

I was under the impression Moto was trying to jump straight to 5.1.x on all their phones though, so Turbo should get it soon.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

From what I can tell, only one person is claiming to have it and it seems like it's either fake or someone hosed up and sent a pre-release build to this person's phone. I'm leaning towards the latter because I can't imagine anyone trying to fake it would set the kernel build date to yesterday. (And I also can't imagine a build getting pushed out beyond a test group that quickly.)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

datajosh posted:

From what I can tell, only one person is claiming to have it and it seems like it's either fake or someone hosed up and sent a pre-release build to this person's phone. I'm leaning towards the latter because I can't imagine anyone trying to fake it would set the kernel build date to yesterday. (And I also can't imagine a build getting pushed out beyond a test group that quickly.)

Hm true, I looked and sammobile is also pointing back to the same source.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My unlocked google play store n6 "only" has 5.1.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe he has an Uncle Who Works At Samsung?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Hm true, I looked and sammobile is also pointing back to the same source.
After talking to the guy on XDA, I feel like it's legit but I don't think it was supposed to make it out to the public. We'll know soon if he comes through with a system dump.

Edit: Legit. I don't think it's actually rolling out yet but if you have a rooted T-Mobile S6 Edge, you'll probably be able to flash it soon.

datajosh fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 30, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Captain Yossarian posted:

If you are in the US, 1) where are you getting it and 2) is it the US model or an international model.

Edit: unless you mean you are getting the Nexus 6 and in that case never mind.

The N6, sorry. That could have been more clear.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The N6, sorry. That could have been more clear.

No its OK! I just wanted to clarify. :) IMO you have to weigh the $ saved Vs performance deficit in that equation. Also the fact that you can't get a US version of one of the two phones.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FAUXTON posted:

Maybe he has an Uncle Who Works At Samsung?

As a real Electronic Arts orphan I hate this saying. :( Bragging about poo poo people didn't know about yet was the one perk to never seeing my dad.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
My uncle told me where the Triforce is hidden in the Galaxy S6.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Reverse Centaur posted:

As a real Electronic Arts orphan I hate this saying. :( Bragging about poo poo people didn't know about yet was the one perk to never seeing my dad.

Look at it this way: that was Jesus' schtick too.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

*is Google Play Music*
*is on shuffle*
*plays the next 9 songs ordered exactly as listed on playlist*

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

CLAM DOWN posted:

*is Google Play Music*
*is on shuffle*

It shuffles the playlist, then plays it. What did you want it to do?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CLAM DOWN posted:

*is Google Play Music*
*is on shuffle*

I believe it creates a shuffled playlist so it would indeed play them in that order.

E: beaten like those dumbfucks in those infomercials who burn their house down trying to surmount the incalculable challenge of setting the clock on their microwave.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

No, it didn't do that, it played the 9 songs in the exact order I added them to the playlist, I know what you mean about making a shuffled playlist and this was not that :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

CLAM DOWN posted:

*is Google Play Music*
*is on shuffle*

My version's attempt at shuffle is "pick random song starting with the letter O and then just play them in order, occasionally intercutting them with a random song".

e: plays them in alphabetical order, I should say. Consistent bug, too.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WTF? The Nexus 6 doesn't even have it yet (I'm guessing it's being held back for Project Fi reasons).

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

iajanus posted:

My version's attempt at shuffle is "pick random song starting with the letter O and then just play them in order, occasionally intercutting them with a random song".

I've found my phone will shuffle an album. Once. That's the new "shuffle order" I get every time then on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FAUXTON posted:

Look at it this way: that was Jesus' schtick too.

FATHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME TO MAKE PAID DLC FIELD LOGOS FOR FIFA 06

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I reshuffle a big playlist once a week or so and it always reshuffles apparently randomly :shrug: The only shuffle "bug" I've ever noticed is that if you shuffle while in your queue, it only shuffles remaining songs in your queue. Which makes sense, but confuses some people. Haven't noticed any other issues with it, either on PC or phone. Did you get Samsung'd?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

iajanus posted:

Super similar behaviour here! Obviously a bug of some kind I think.

RVProfootballer posted:

I reshuffle a big playlist once a week or so and it always reshuffles apparently randomly :shrug: The only shuffle "bug" I've ever noticed is that if you shuffle while in your queue, it only shuffles remaining songs in your queue. Which makes sense, but confuses some people. Haven't noticed any other issues with it, either on PC or phone. Did you get Samsung'd?

Nexus 6.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Super similar behaviour here! Obviously a bug of some kind I think.

Nexus 6.

Weird. Local music or streaming? All Access? I'm just curious because I've used Play Music heavily on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and now LG G2, and have seen several bugs the past year or two (lock screen controls/album art lagging behind by one song, some connection issue where the app will keep trying to play a song and can't, etc), but never that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Weird. Local music or streaming? All Access? I'm just curious because I've used Play Music heavily on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and now LG G2, and have seen several bugs the past year or two (lock screen controls/album art lagging behind by one song, some connection issue where the app will keep trying to play a song and can't, etc), but never that.

All Access, and it happens on a pinned playlist, haven't experimented with streaming yet. It's definitely weird, but it happens every day on this playlist now.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TraderStav posted:

Seemingly out of nowhere, my Z3c started randomly pausing podcasts and spotify with no notification coming in that would potentially do so. Is there a known bug (and hopefully resolution) with this issue? It's very annoying. I rebooted to see if that'll fix things but will need some runtime to see if it helped.

Skarsnik posted:

Could be something up with the headphone port

An update on this, I've been trying a hundred different things to get this to stop but nothing is working. As far as I can tell the headphone port is perfectly clear of any debris and nothing else appears out of the ordinary. I received a new Z3c roughly a month ago from a warranty exchange. Am I screwed and have to do another? Any other ideas?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

lelandjs posted:

WTF? The Nexus 6 doesn't even have it yet (I'm guessing it's being held back for Project Fi reasons).

It's one dude who says he has it on his Edge. Who knows if it's real.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

gariig posted:

Maybe go for the larger one. I asked my wife and she said that it was annoying to put her phone into it and it doesn't hold onto the vents very well (could be because of our car - Toyota Prius).

Ok, one other question: can it rotate side-to-side at all when it's on the vent? My car's vents' outer layer is the vertical adjustment, so I wouldn't be able to rely on the side-to-side of the vent to adjust the angle of the screen e.g. to avoid glare.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Are there any good large Qi charging pads for multiple devices at once? Multiple being a Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and maybe an iPad and Nexus 7 (yes I know I'll need to get a Qi adapter for all but the Nexus 7)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

hooah posted:

Ok, one other question: can it rotate side-to-side at all when it's on the vent? My car's vents' outer layer is the vertical adjustment, so I wouldn't be able to rely on the side-to-side of the vent to adjust the angle of the screen e.g. to avoid glare.

If you look at the back it's a large piece of flexible silicone type stuff that has an up-down and left-right cut. If you want to rotate it you can just take it off and flip it but the part that goes onto the vent isn't on a swivel.