Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Eiffel On You posted:

Again, players on hiatus, please come back today and see the game with the new changes.

I did it ICR, I came back last night and rejoined the supergroup. I like what I see, too bad about the Vision? I'll still play him. (MusketThumb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kheldarn posted:

Steam now has an Avengers: Age Of Ultron Pack.

$39.99 gets you:
Black Widow
Black Widow Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
Captain America
Captain America Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
Hawkeye
Hawkeye Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
Hulk
Hulk Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
Iron Man
Iron Man Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Hulkbuster Armor
Thor
Thor Marvel's Avengers Age of Ultron Movie Costume
1,000 Gs

This is a really good deal and will probably go on sale for the summer sale.

I am a negative nancy and this patch despite giving us the new joke character is the best they have done in awhile.

snergle fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 1, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Agreed. Ultron mode is good and fun, more of that please.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pierson posted:

Agreed. Ultron mode is good and fun, more of that please.

Down with raids more 5 man content.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
What a great time to play. Achievements, a Free IM costume on Free Comic Book Day, AoU mode is neat, Scarlet Witch Wiccan review. Gaz loves us and wants us to be happy.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

NotALizardman posted:

hawkeye changes schmawkeye changes

Hawkeye Build for Doing Things Besides Murdering Dummies

Flash Bomb is a great damage boost, but it's only worth one point. Only the c/d scales, and you're going to get enough points from gear to make that a bad investment. Pop it whenever it's off cooldown, but try to make sure it's up right before you use you're big cooldown powers.

By c/d do you mean cooldown/duration? Because both of those scale up.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

What a great time to play. Achievements, a Free IM costume on Free Comic Book Day, AoU mode is neat, Scarlet Witch Wiccan review. Gaz loves us and wants us to be happy.

Cherish the moment boys. Next patch will break everything.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Can someone explain cosmic bounties? I need them for the achieve, but I have no loving idea what they are.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

kill dudes in terminals

every 125 gives a chest

modok/doom/juggs can give 3 chests the other ones give 1 or 2

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Can someone explain cosmic bounties? I need them for the achieve, but I have no loving idea what they are.

Go into a cosmic terminal, click on the quest tracker til it shows you how many dudes you need to kill for the bounty chests.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

NotALizardman posted:

Only the c/d scales
:downs:

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Okay I'm coming back in after like a year or two. I've got a Hawkeye, Black Widow, Daredevil, and Storm. And I just got a Black Panther. The others are close enough to 25 that I'm just going to level them up for the synergy thing and then switch to Storm because she's closest to 60.

What's the general leveling strategy? Just run story mode a bunch of times? Are there any generally good leveling builds? Should I buy the mystery character package for 175 or will I get enough duplicates that it's better to just buy them individually?

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

I've only ever seen c/d abbreviating cooldown which is why I was trying to clarify what he meant

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

psychopomp posted:

Okay I'm coming back in after like a year or two. I've got a Hawkeye, Black Widow, Daredevil, and Storm. And I just got a Black Panther. The others are close enough to 25 that I'm just going to level them up for the synergy thing and then switch to Storm because she's closest to 60.

What's the general leveling strategy? Just run story mode a bunch of times? Are there any generally good leveling builds? Should I buy the mystery character package for 175 or will I get enough duplicates that it's better to just buy them individually?

get to level 20 using holosim, do legendary quests

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I could lie to you and say yes, but no. I honestly forgot that the duration scales.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Irish Joe posted:

Make sure you only do the first bounty. I did some testing and its the most efficient way to do the 100 is just 1 box and kill boss. You can't double dip with multiple boxes or multiples bosses like dr oct and modok.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
What's the uptime on a high enough level of flashbomb? Is it worth maybe investing in? I'm stuck at work and can't see what the scaling is like...

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

What's the uptime on a high enough level of flashbomb? Is it worth maybe investing in? I'm stuck at work and can't see what the scaling is like...

It is not optimal. You will not be doing this. I'll be watching you.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RosaParksOfDip posted:

At level 33, with no additional power duration, it's a 4.6s duration for the stealth/buff on a 9.4s cooldown for me.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

RosaParksOfDip posted:

at 37 points the stealth and 25% damage buff is 4.8 seconds

at 1 the damage buff is 3.0 seconds

With as tight as HE is for points I can't see flashbomb being worth 20 pointing in any scenario.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

It is not optimal. You will not be doing this. I'll be watching you.

You can't tell me what to do, ICR! You're not even my real dad!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

doomsaw owns

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: Achievement PSA :siren:

If you're trying to get all (or even most) of the Achievements, make sure you hold on to the following Any Hero Uniques (list presented as Unique: What to do while wearing it):

A.I.M. Space Corps Zero Gravity Boots: Defeat 777 Elite A.I.M.
Fred Dawson's Cap: One of the requirements for Gem Of The Wurst
Fred Dawson's Hot Dog Cart: One of the requirements for Gem Of The Wurst
Hand Assassin Ninja Tabi: Defeat 1,000 Ninjas
Hellfire Shotgun: Defeat 1,000 Demons As Ghost Rider
Iron Patriot Repulsors: Defeat Green Goblin 5 Times As Iron Man
Legacy Of Kraven: Defeat Craven 25 Times
Mechanical Arms Of Doctor Octopus: Defeat Doctor Octopus In Cosmic Termnial 8 Times As Spider-Man
Symbiote Infestation: Defeat Venom 22 Times
Trask Commander Helm: Defeat 1,000 Sentinels

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Ahahahahaha

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

welp

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

:siren: Achievement PSA :siren:

If you're trying to get all (or even most) of the Achievements, make sure you hold on to the following Any Hero Uniques (list presented as Unique: What to do while wearing it):

A.I.M. Space Corps Zero Gravity Boots: Defeat 777 Elite A.I.M.
Fred Dawson's Cap: One of the requirements for Gem Of The Wurst
Fred Dawson's Hot Dog Cart: One of the requirements for Gem Of The Wurst
Hand Assassin Ninja Tabi: Defeat 1,000 Ninjas
Hellfire Shotgun: Defeat 1,000 Demons As Ghost Rider
Iron Patriot Repulsors: Defeat Green Goblin 5 Times As Iron Man
Legacy Of Kraven: Defeat Craven 25 Times
Mechanical Arms Of Doctor Octopus: Defeat Doctor Octopus In Cosmic Termnial 8 Times As Spider-Man
Symbiote Infestation: Defeat Venom 22 Times
Trask Commander Helm: Defeat 1,000 Sentinels

Isn't the hot dog cart only from that one event that doesn't happen anymore. Thank god I still have one. Now how the hell do you get the cap to drop?

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Isn't the hot dog cart only from that one event that doesn't happen anymore. Thank god I still have one. Now how the hell do you get the cap to drop?

I got one out of a midtown card last week.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lol if doomsaw hasnt banned u ingame for using numpad emotes before

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

I AM THE MOON posted:

lol if doomsaw hasnt tried to ban u ingame for using numpad emotes before

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Did everyone get their vision alt costume if they did the advance pack? Not seeing mine currently..

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Diabetic posted:

Did everyone get their vision alt costume if they did the advance pack? Not seeing mine currently..

They can't release it until tomorrow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You

Diabetic posted:

get it at midnight. Marvel orders.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Diabetic posted:

Marvel isn't letting it come out till tomorrow, I'm assuming so that that one person who plays Marvel Heroes and is going to see AoU on release day but doesn't already know what the Viz is going to look like in it won't get spoiled

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Gibby you seen this Visine movement build?

http://marvelheroes.info/build/14413/

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Eiffel On You posted:

Gibby you seen this Visine movement build?

http://marvelheroes.info/build/14413/

I thought that might work pretty well.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I got this achiev for lookin' fab I assume.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

With as tight as HE is for points I can't see flashbomb being worth 20 pointing in any scenario.

This is basically the issue. Hawkeye has too many good powers now and I just can't justify max'ing Flash Bomb for anything other than Sick Dummy TTKs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
guys I'm thinking of coming back

and getting Vision

no particular reason why

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Blockhouse posted:

guys I'm thinking of coming back

and getting Vision

no particular reason why

+1 insightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So I have Punisher and Magneto to scratch my nuking/blasting itch, but who's currently a good melee basher hero? I'm torn between Hulking it up or going kinda weird and going for a freeze/shatter focused Ice Man...

• Locked thread