Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If you want to troll people this week, play SW and cast Iron Maiden on things. Nobody gets kill credit.

Don't do this to goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I have Punisher and Magneto to scratch my nuking/blasting itch, but who's currently a good melee basher hero? I'm torn between Hulking it up or going kinda weird and going for a freeze/shatter focused Ice Man...

With Thing's rework right around the corner there can be no answer other than yancy street.

Also some guy just posted this

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So I have Punisher and Magneto to scratch my nuking/blasting itch, but who's currently a good melee basher hero? I'm torn between Hulking it up or going kinda weird and going for a freeze/shatter focused Ice Man...

Hulk, Cap, and Venom are all excellent punchy guys. Well, Venom might be a touch more hybrid, but he also never dies.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Ajax posted:

With Thing's rework right around the corner there can be no answer other than yancy street.

Also some guy just posted this

+2 summon ok whatever, but it has no rif/sif/cf? This can't be deliberate?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

ndub posted:

+2 summon ok whatever, but it has no rif/sif/cf? This can't be deliberate?

It could be a lovely photoshop, people in the thread were talking about summon powers dropping on purple rings too though :shrug:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Why does Red Skulls 80 kills achievement not give you his dumb coat

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They should have bosses that drop more than one good thing (2+ uniques or 2+ artis) have tiers of achievement to get them all. Seems like the sensible thing to do.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Ajax posted:

It could be a lovely photoshop, people in the thread were talking about summon powers dropping on purple rings too though :shrug:

The +2 is for real, the implication is that we might eventually see more +skilltags on costume cores, maybe? Unless this is a bug.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I only played her for a little bit, but Scarlet Waifu seems pretty good now. And her powers are super pretty :swoon:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Metrohunter posted:

Why does Red Skulls 80 kills achievement not give you his dumb coat

It comes from one of them. You have to kill him X times, and I think you get his gun. Then, if you do it again, you get his coat. They're repeatable, so you can farm 1 of each boss unique. After that, I think it's something like 1 Omega Orb...

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Reposting for the new thread to celebrate the best of all holidays in Maybelline Holocaust 2019, achievement day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aw40gafSFg

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Between Iceman, Vision, She-Hulk, and Winter Solider, who has the most enjoyable leveling experience? HebrewMagic is feeling generous.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Between Iceman, Vision, She-Hulk, and Winter Solider, who has the most enjoyable leveling experience? HebrewMagic is feeling generous.

If you made a list titled "Everything That Makes A Character Terrible To Level" and a list titled "The She-Hulk Experience" they would be identical

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

That is a weirdo crazyman opinion. She-Hulk gets to spend the leveling process one-shotting entire screens with an elbow drop that builds combo points towards an even bigger elbow drop. Then if a boss doesn't explode instantly, you suplex it and it explodes. I'm prepared to believe she feels awkward doing a max dps rotation at 60, but if you don't love the Shulk leveling experience your brain is broken. She's a cooler and more fun Juggs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irony.or.Death posted:

That is a weirdo crazyman opinion. She-Hulk gets to spend the leveling process one-shotting entire screens with an elbow drop that builds combo points towards an even bigger elbow drop. Then if a boss doesn't explode instantly, you suplex it and it explodes. I'm prepared to believe she feels awkward doing a max dps rotation at 60, but if you don't love the Shulk leveling experience your brain is broken. She's a cooler and more fun Juggs.

Have they put in any hero with a DDT because unless that's in I'm probably gonna get She-Hulk instead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Irony.or.Death posted:

She's heads and tails the clunkiest character in the game, down to elbow drop and other skills not even working sometimes because you get hit out of it or enemies moving more than 1 inch away so you miss them.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

i will usher in a new wrold

after burning the old 1 2 cidners

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

For Iceman, if you go summon spec, you summon your pets and watch everything die. Throw around Ice Slick and maybe one of a couple other offensive things if you really feel ambitious, but everything dies whether you not you care enough to do anything. You used to have to press a button every 10 seconds but then they just made that a passive instead.

Also you can summon a big ice statute of yourself giving a thumbs-up, which then explodes, murdering everything.

Iceman is great if you really just like collecting loot.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ndub posted:

The +2 is for real, the implication is that we might eventually see more +skilltags on costume cores, maybe? Unless this is a bug.

How is something like this even a bug. Like, at some point in the process over the last month or two a dude has to type out, with his fingers, in an actual file that gets proofed by supervisors and compiled into the release build of the product we call Marvel heroes, "+2 Ranks to Summon Powers", and associate it with the bubble of corresponding dependencies in order for it to function in the game, which it apparently does.

Not directing any of this at ya ndub. I figure they'll use language like "not part of our design intention" or "bug" to explain miscommunication or oversight. A lot of the issues with the game give me a headache just thinking about how they came to be.

In other news the Age of Ultron costumes are fantastic and I bought half of em. AoU Cap is prooobably the best model in the game right now. It looks excellent.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ajax posted:

+1 insightful

-1 Bitch Trolling

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Rad Valtar posted:

-1 Bitch Trolling

+1 moron afk in mumble for a week and a half

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tom Gorman posted:

How is something like this even a bug. Like, at some point in the process over the last month or two a dude has to type out, with his fingers, in an actual file that gets proofed by supervisors and compiled into the release build of the product we call Marvel heroes, "+2 Ranks to Summon Powers", and associate it with the bubble of corresponding dependencies in order for it to function in the game, which it apparently does.
You say that, but look at the SW bug where invalid powers for some reason became "+1 All Powers" on cubes.

This is a game where they don't even a formula dictating what wording item attributes use, let alone what order they display in.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Ajax posted:

its no shop, ICR got one tonight.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
This game is like one big autism factory.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

jubelio posted:

Was it like that one, no 'find' Affix?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

StarkRavingMad posted:

For Iceman, if you go summon spec, you summon your pets and watch everything die. Throw around Ice Slick and maybe one of a couple other offensive things if you really feel ambitious, but everything dies whether you not you care enough to do anything. You used to have to press a button every 10 seconds but then they just made that a passive instead.

Also you can summon a big ice statute of yourself giving a thumbs-up, which then explodes, murdering everything.

Iceman is great if you really just like collecting loot.

I've just got Iceman to like 46 and this all checks out. Three giant ice monsters destroy everything on the screen while sometimes I lay down DoTs and occasionally press the button that makes me fly around the screen in a big circle

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

jubelio posted:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a legit Iron Man melee build? For some reasons Marvelbuilds isn't loading and the new Hulkbuster really needs a melee build to fit in with the Ultron movie.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Eiffel On You posted:

Gibby you seen this Visine movement build?

http://marvelheroes.info/build/14413/

:laugh:

It's neat but it's awful :negative:

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Pierson posted:

Is there a legit Iron Man melee build? For some reasons Marvelbuilds isn't loading and the new Hulkbuster really needs a melee build to fit in with the Ultron movie.

There is! I do not have it though.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Pierson posted:

Punch and Missiles. That's literally it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Don't know why it was taken out of the build post - here's punch & missiles copied back out from my Iron Man who I haven't played in months.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Thanks for the advice, everyone in the thread. I've finally managed to get my first character to 50 (cyke, for that sweet sweet 10% exp), and seeing as I might hit 60 in the next couple of days, I have two questions:

1. What should I start doing once I hit 60? My current gear almost certainly garbage for endgame content, so what's the best way to start gearing up? Cosmic Terminals?

2. What are the benefits to prestiging? Is it something I should be thinking about soon, or not?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

at 37 points the stealth and 25% damage buff is 4.8 seconds

at 1 the damage buff is 3.0 seconds

With as tight as HE is for points I can't see flashbomb being worth 20 pointing in any scenario.

Don't forget it's also ~30% damage mitigation for the duration of that buff, and Hawkeye is pretty fragile. I'd be interested in knowing whether Combat Training or using Flash Bomb well ends up helping more with survivability.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

1. What should I start doing once I hit 60? My current gear almost certainly garbage for endgame content, so what's the best way to start gearing up? Cosmic Terminals?

2. What are the benefits to prestiging? Is it something I should be thinking about soon, or not?

1. Ask for some Bovinheim runs so you can get level 60 uniques. If you're deadset on maining your current dude so you can so red raids, do cosmic terminals to grind the artefacts you need. I wouldn't recommend doing that; instead, use your splinters to get X-23 and random boxes (or just random boxes if you don't care about X-23) since you get a bick XP bonus for having your first 4 characters at 60.

2. your name changes colour when you play that hero and you get another copy of the default costume, that's literally it. Don't bother prestigeing.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 1, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Smoke cows erryday

The new octoman unique from the O

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 1, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jusupov posted:

The new octoman unique from the O

Any idea what slot that? Seems pretty great for pet characters.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Any idea what slot that? Seems pretty great for pet characters.

Five, because more slot five summoner uniques were needed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Prel posted:

Five, because more slot five summoner uniques were needed.

:downs:

Oh, well, this is at least one of the better ones.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
It would have been cool if that was a slot 2 with those stats. I don't know how I feel about +summon powers tho. Like that item for example, why not just +2 all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ajax posted:

It would have been cool if that was a slot 2 with those stats. I don't know how I feel about +summon powers tho. Like that item for example, why not just +2 all?

+2 all would be a total of +3 to summon powers at ilvl69, this is +4 since both the affixes increase by 1.

• Locked thread