Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
These can't be the real designs. There's no way something as visually unique as this manga is could get adapted to that. Standing by my original assessment of troll episode and designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the truth is...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i don't really care about the designs in the adaptation

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

*nods*

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Cake Attack posted:

Same, but if they adapt it badly otherwise re: jokes, writing, tone then I will also complain about the designs.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Gokai Yellow is the voice actress for the principal :getin:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

DoubleDonut posted:

Same, but if they adapt it badly otherwise re: jokes, writing, tone then I will also complain about the designs.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://www.mangahere.co/manga/jitsu_wa_watashi_wa/c077/

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

First comment sums up this chapter. "Wonder how many men we lost this chapter."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I honestly forgot Kuromine even had a sister.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those popularity content results are great. Kuromine, then his two friends (Oka ahead because he's the best, RIP Oka), then the glasses, Shiragami's dad, a character who we've never seen and who has never done anything onscreen (besides I guess talk to Asahi on the phone that one time)... And then Shima. The fans know he's the worst; he placed two spots above an inanimate object (which I find a bit questionable, I'd flip those two personally).

Onto the actual chapter, oh hey, the Charismatic Pervert shows up for real. Also Rin's great, of course. Also wow, actual fanservice in this manga rather than just Shiragami making silly poses.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013
Charismatic perverts are officially more dangerous than vampires, werewolves, aliens, angels, gods, and the paparazzi. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

... RIP Oka...

Onto the actual chapter, oh hey, the Charismatic Pervert shows up for real. Also Rin's great, of course. Also wow, actual fanservice in this manga rather than just Shiragami making silly poses.

We already reached peak fanservice not too long ago.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I did not particularly care for this chapter.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

*sees funny titty* *explosively nosebleeds* *dies*

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Nate RFB posted:

You lack the heart of a pervert.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shonen manga applied to implausible fanservice was funny, imo

also titties

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

also titties

I think you mean charisma.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It justified itself by his constant inability to understand what the hell a pervert is.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
We had tanned dumbpire. That's all we needed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I think going the shonen route is the best way to present fanservice; seriously, I was hearing this during the contest. Also, Rin being all "I'm the only one who can defeat you!" is really sweet, and it's nice to see the two of them getting along so well :3:

EDIT: Also, Nagisa getting #1 in the popularity poll? That's awesome too! As is Kuomoto-sensei...

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 20, 2015

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommissarMega posted:

I think going the shonen route is the best way to present fanservice; seriously, I was hearing this during the contest. Also, Rin being all "I'm the only one who can defeat you!" is really sweet, and it's nice to see the two of them getting along so well :3:

EDIT: Also, Nagisa getting #1 in the popularity poll? That's awesome too! As is Kuomoto-sensei...

Best part was Karen's high ranking despite her relatively limited number of appearances so far.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JosephWongKS posted:

Best part was Karen's high ranking despite her relatively limited number of appearances so far.

I enjoyed the fact that the protagonist didn't rate in the top 10. Below Shiragami's mom and his own sister who I don't even remember appearing before.

The Bats deserved to be higher, though.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Begemot posted:

I enjoyed the fact that the protagonist didn't rate in the top 10. Below Shiragami's mom and his own sister who I don't even remember appearing before.

The Bats deserved to be higher, though.

HIs sister made what I think was her sole appearance (for all of two panels, I think) in the chapter after the winter trip when Mikan tries to cozy up to Asahi. Other than that, I think the only other time she's been mentioned specifically was during the rare burger chapter.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

YF19pilot posted:

HIs sister made what I think was her sole appearance (for all of two panels, I think) in the chapter after the winter trip when Mikan tries to cozy up to Asahi. Other than that, I think the only other time she's been mentioned specifically was during the rare burger chapter.

So, four pages total. First page of chapter 22, First page of Chapter 28 & First two pages of chapter 48

She doesn't even have a personality, so I'm just going go "Japan is weird."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, we are behind, so for all we know she parachutes into the scene next chapter and completely replaces Nagisa :v:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
But since these are magazine raws, the survey results had to have been from before this chapter.

It's probably just like how people latched onto a particular background character's design that kept showing up in The World God Only Knows (Mobuko).

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/78

They are all such INCREDIBLE dorks.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://www.mangareader.net/jitsu-wa-watashi-wa/78

They are all such INCREDIBLE dorks.

I'm laughing so hard. Each time I think this guy can't do any better, I get proven wrong.
I wonder if the final chapter will kill us all?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Seems like the horn takes a while to grow back then. The principal's basically a lizard.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Uwow~

Good to see the principal back to her normal self.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
The mini-horn is the best thing ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She ratted them out

:allears:

Classy Hydra
Oct 30, 2011

You did wrong, Jack,
rest your soul.
Okay, that was a pretty great chapter.

The angel really makes the principle's job far too easy, doesn't she?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

UWOW~

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Classy Hydra posted:

Okay, that was a pretty great chapter.

The angel really makes the principle's job far too easy, doesn't she?

I feel like this is dragging her character down a little honestly.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Pretty much the chapter in a nutshell.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Every page was perfect.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Last chapter was really iffy for me but this one was perfect.

I, too, forgot Kuromine had a sister. It's honestly weird, and refreshing, for a manga or anime to ignore a little sister and not have a constant stream of "onii-chan"s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

...Maybe.

• Locked thread