Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It'll likely be available on Xbone and PS4 by the end of the year and Android and iOS tablets in the second half of the year. Wii U and OUYA versions seem unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bullshit Sentai OUYAranger

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
My only questions about this game are:

Is there a Evil Team mission?

And is there a waifu-armor option (a-la Akibaranger)? :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ethics sentai in games-journalism ranger

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Chroma Squad is so good. At long last, my dream of Kamen Sentai Go-Rider has become a reality. :swoon:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

It's not even like "oh this is a good sentai game" like I figured it would be, it is legitimately a great game. I've lost track of time playing it multiple times today.

So glad I preordered. Wish I'd known about it when the kickstarter was going though.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

NotALizardman posted:

It's not even like "oh this is a good sentai game" like I figured it would be, it is legitimately a great game. I've lost track of time playing it multiple times today.

I do wish it had additional skills, or at least more variety of/within roles. Having only one source of healing until Season 4 is kind of a pain in the rear end.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
How does the visual customization for your team work? Is it visible equipment? Everyone can wear mixed an matched stuff? Can you do actual custom pixel designs?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

More Season 5 stuff:

So after the Season 4 finale, I'm guessing you have three options. 2 and 3 are definitely available:

1. Kill Tammy before Gaga - Techie turns into a Rider? Tammy's sister?
2. Kill Gaga, pick Tammy - 6th Ranger path?
3. Kill Gaga, pick Cerebro - Universe Sheriff/Metal Hero path (choice between Attack/Defense/Support type)

I ended up picking the Attack Sheriff, but apparently it gave me the Support moveset which is awful. He gets a 3-round self-buff that works like the support's pose at the start of each turn, a pistol, and a Healdouken that slaps him with a debuff for -30% atk/-1 move.

The lack of equipment options or skill alternatives on the 6th hero is going to make using them really unsatisfying if they're all like the Sheriffs.

Unfortunately, the lack of a save slot system makes testing different branches tough.

Light Gun Man posted:

How does the visual customization for your team work? Is it visible equipment? Everyone can wear mixed an matched stuff? Can you do actual custom pixel designs?

Each tier of equipment has a couple of different appearances. Only helmets and body armor are visible.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 1, 2015

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
I'm getting an amazing bug that locks me into certain robot parts for the fight even if I equip different ones in the intermission screen - one of these forced parts being an arm I haven't even crafted. Who needed to actually hit anything, right? :jerkbag:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Shaezerus posted:

I'm getting an amazing bug that locks me into certain robot parts for the fight even if I equip different ones in the intermission screen - one of these forced parts being an arm I haven't even crafted. Who needed to actually hit anything, right? :jerkbag:

Yeah I'm getting that too, putting the game on hold until it gets some patching done, it's a pretty loving annoying bug.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tricky posted:

More Season 5 stuff:

So after the Season 4 finale, I'm guessing you have three options. 2 and 3 are definitely available:

1. Kill Tammy before Gaga - Techie turns into a Rider? Tammy's sister?
2. Kill Gaga, pick Tammy - 6th Ranger path?
3. Kill Gaga, pick Cerebro - Universe Sheriff/Metal Hero path (choice between Attack/Defense/Support type)

I ended up picking the Attack Sheriff, but apparently it gave me the Support moveset which is awful. He gets a 3-round self-buff that works like the support's pose at the start of each turn, a pistol, and a Healdouken that slaps him with a debuff for -30% atk/-1 move.

The lack of equipment options or skill alternatives on the 6th hero is going to make using them really unsatisfying if they're all like the Sheriffs.

Unfortunately, the lack of a save slot system makes testing different branches tough.

The Techie becomes a rider? :allears: My tech is that guy with the massive afro. I am pleased by this news.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Shitpost Sentai Awfulranger.
SHITPOST SYNCHRONIZE! (Go Hog Wild!)
Finisher is Vote Five!
The robot is Bigbart and the summon phrase is "Mods Plz Ban Kthx"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shaezerus posted:

I had that and was able to get around it just by equipping the other part again.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Shitpost Sentai Awfulranger.
SHITPOST SYNCHRONIZE! (Go Hog Wild!)
Finisher is Vote Five!
The robot is Bigbart and the summon phrase is "Mods Plz Ban Kthx"

MODS KNEW! *posing, colorful explosion*

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How is chroma squad as an actual tactical game, rating from Front Mission to like...Pokemon Conquest.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tae posted:

How is chroma squad as an actual tactical game, rating from Front Mission to like...Pokemon Conquest.

Somebody who's played more than me should probably weigh in on this, but:
In the first Season, at least, it's like Baby's First Disgaea. The "Teamwork" ability especially reminds me of Disgaea, allowing multiple rangers next to an enemy to combine their attacks into a super attack, and allowing rangers to extend each others movements through acrobatic tosses.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tae posted:

The actual combat is pretty reminiscent of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Characters have abilities based on their class (can't be changed), square tiles, but orientation doesn't matter.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tae posted:

On the middle difficulty, the only challenge is from trying to hit all of the director's objectives. If you're using abilities and keeping up with upgrades, maps turn into stomps pretty fast. I haven't had anyone go unconscious other than through plot events.

deadly_pudding posted:

The Techie becomes a rider? :allears: My tech is that guy with the massive afro. I am pleased by this news.

Not entirely sure, but I wouldn't be surprised. The battle involves either saving or killing his love interest, so that would be a pretty good impetus for him to go solo for awhile.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Now that I think about it, if you want to save before a choice like the Court or Tributes thing, you could just make a copy of the save file before the choice and then just put that in when you want to see the other path.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

It's my fault for being bad at video games, but I wish there was a way to farm for money and crafting materials. Season 3 started stomping me pretty hard and I don't think I have much recourse. I think it was mistake to spend all my money on crafting materials and studio upgrades.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Evil Sagan posted:

It's my fault for being bad at video games, but I wish there was a way to farm for money and crafting materials. Season 3 started stomping me pretty hard and I don't think I have much recourse. I think it was mistake to spend all my money on crafting materials and studio upgrades.

Yeah, buying crafting stuff is a huge trap option, unfortunately. Store gear is more or less the best option. The big exception is the +2 move boots, which are ridiculously good craftables. The biggest thing I found helpful to build up cash was going hard on the marketing. Once you get access to something with +income conversion, you start raking in tons of cash per episode. The Mobile Gaming agency is nuts, since it lets you get 5k-10k per episode and ramp up your fan power fast. I swapped to the EDS late game, since the attack buffs are great.

A lot of the systems seem to be weirdly tuned. Mecha combat is super easy if you max hit% and your core stats (hunter hat, default left/right arm, default body, default boots) since you can knock anything down in two or three rounds and you'll heal for way more damage than you take in the process. Crafting has random stats, which is a hassle since there are definitely a few key power stats (attack, skill recharge, and hp) and materials are pretty scarce unless you spend your money on the overpriced random packs. There are a few early pieces that are cheap and better than what you can buy until season 3, but those are just nice rather than required.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Evil Sagan posted:

If you don't mind it being a cheaty bug, there's currently a dupe bug with materials. If you double-click any basic material (anything that doesn't require other materials to be crafted) it gets duplicated.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Infinity Gaia posted:

If you don't mind it being a cheaty bug, there's currently a dupe bug with materials. If you double-click any basic material (anything that doesn't require other materials to be crafted) it gets duplicated.

Haha what. :stare: My Rider-route save has the +craft actor too, I should get on this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Goddamn I don't know what to name my studio, my team, my anything.

I probably should've thought of this stuff before starting.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Infinity Gaia posted:

Are you sure? Out of curiousity I tried this and nothing happened.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tricky posted:

Yeah, buying crafting stuff is a huge trap option, unfortunately. Store gear is more or less the best option. The big exception is the +2 move boots, which are ridiculously good craftables. The biggest thing I found helpful to build up cash was going hard on the marketing. Once you get access to something with +income conversion, you start raking in tons of cash per episode. The Mobile Gaming agency is nuts, since it lets you get 5k-10k per episode and ramp up your fan power fast. I swapped to the EDS late game, since the attack buffs are great.

A lot of the systems seem to be weirdly tuned. Mecha combat is super easy if you max hit% and your core stats (hunter hat, default left/right arm, default body, default boots) since you can knock anything down in two or three rounds and you'll heal for way more damage than you take in the process. Crafting has random stats, which is a hassle since there are definitely a few key power stats (attack, skill recharge, and hp) and materials are pretty scarce unless you spend your money on the overpriced random packs. There are a few early pieces that are cheap and better than what you can buy until season 3, but those are just nice rather than required.

Ah well, I'm just glad to have the confirmation and the advice. I'm gonna start over and consider this another opportunity to get the achievement for doing all the director instructions up to season 2.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ActionZero posted:

Are you sure? Out of curiousity I tried this and nothing happened.

Works for me. Sometimes just double clicking doesn't work, but if I mash on it it eventually dupes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, for me, Season 3 was when I started raking it in. If you need cash over the long-term, Mobile Marketing is better, but if you need Quick Cash Now at the cost of smaller Fan growth, I'd actually suggest the Toys R Us one. Their benefits are flat-sum-per-episode bonuses, which can give you a nice boost towards buying up that new-tier gear that just unlocked.

Also, as far as buying materials go, the only materials I've ever really bought were basic stuff when I could craft better than what was in the store, and the Super Material Pack, which I bought a couple of to buff up my robot. I now have a giant drill arm, the hilarious Wonderwall legs, the rapid-fire punch (which is great for getting up your multiplier right before you fire off your finisher), and a kickass chest cannon. :getin:

Also also, a reference chart for anyone who's just starting
Lead's color is the robot's head.
Techie's the body.
Support's the legs.
Scout's the right arm,
and Assault's the left arm.
(You'd really think those two would be the other way around.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 2, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a clear explanation on what skill is, and how much is it to speed up abilities, or how it works in general?

Also, what are these white squares above my health? Usually there's two of them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tae posted:

Is there a clear explanation on what skill is, and how much is it to speed up abilities, or how it works in general?

Also, what are these white squares above my health? Usually there's two of them.
I think the good breakpoints are 33 (to recharge in 3 turns), 50 (to recharge in 2), and 100 (to recharge in 1) for Skill Regen. But that's assuming some skills don't have a higher or lower base cooldown. I haven't needed higher than 33 on anyone except my Support, who can trivialize fights once she can spam Healdoken and Circle of Friendship on repeat.

Those squares are your move/attack action and your secondary move action. They just mark if you've used them yet or not.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Well, beat the game on the Universe Sheriffs path. It was pretty satisfying, though none of the Sheriffs are actually good. They give you all three for the final mission, so here's a quick run-down of the different skills they have:

Attack (Silver)
1. AoE damage at start of turn (free, 3-round duration) - never saw it actually work, but the last fight is super mobile so it wasn't the best situation for it.
2. Generic Sword Attack - 150% damage is ok, but none of the Sheriffs do much base damage.
3. Laser Sword of Justice - 300% damage, inflicts Low Power (3 turns) on Silver, counts as a finisher. Somewhat useful, but Low Power is an awful debuff to have.

Defense (Red)
1. Defense Buff (free, 2- or 3-round duration) - Great, +defense is always handy and this guy is already super tanky.
2. Clear All Status Effects - It clears everything, including buffs. Huge bummer, since stacking buffs are the key to ultimate damage.
3. Laser Cannon - Tons of damage, pistol range, not a finisher. Low power is inflicted on Red, but he can actually clear it so it's not as bad.

Support (Blue)
1. AoE heal field (free, 3-round duration) - Eh. Sheriffs are super slow and it's competing with Shout of Courage and Circle of Friendship.
2. Laser Pistol - Terrible. Imagine Techie without the range-based damage increase or cooldown benefits.
3. Discount Healdouken - Healdouken, but it gives Blue low power. OK, since he's awful at damage anyways.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 2, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also is there no way to re-cast actors, because I'm really regretting some of my choices.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tae posted:

Also is there no way to re-cast actors, because I'm really regretting some of my choices.
Nope.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is why I'm doing my first run on casual- I've never played a game like this before, and I care more about the story anyways.

Casual run REALLY helps me to ignore how god awful crafting is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Uuuugh Chroma Squad is there and I have the money on my Steam account but I don't want to buy more stuff but I dowant to buy more stuff. It looks awesome and everyone's loving it, maybe I should just give up and accept the true Toku Spirit: buying everything, just like Toei would want me to.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm kind of surprised people are having so much trouble with Chroma Squad. if anything I had the opposite problem of it being absurdly easy and having way too many materials.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What difficulty, and what's your setup? My first time sucked because I had the useless discount shop guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

What difficulty, and what's your setup? My first time sucked because I had the useless discount shop guy.

I went for the even more useless "+ audience - attack and movement" guy and still didn't have any trouble on the higher difficulty.

If you go for Skill Regen equipment you can use your special moves almost every single turn and abusing Marketing earns you money out the wazoo. Also once you get to higher skill levels you get some hilariously OP attacks.

I had +counter/health for my Lead, +critical/attack for my Assault, +counter/-enemy dodge and enemy counter for my Scout, +Skill Regen + Critical - Health for my Techie and +Audience - Attack and Movement for my Support and kind of wrecked face. I had enough money to fully upgrade my studio by Season 3 and enough to fully outfit my guys with the best shop gear at the start of every season.

Edit: That said, crafting is 90% poo poo, 10% good stuff but I went for it mostly because I was swimming in supplies.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
It seems like some of the difficulty in the game is actually maxing out the audience meter more then beating the opponents; even on normal sometimes I have to like, pause and drag out fights to make sure I max the bar.

• Locked thread