Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is that a gun part?

Yeah that's a Weaver rail on that bridge (you may hear some gun people mispronounce it as breech).

uwaeve has a new favorite as of 19:01 on May 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Josh Lyman posted:

I got an Amazon gift card and this thing has 4.5/5 stars with 95 reviews.

I can't say enough good things about Anker. I've been using their batteries in my smartphones for the last three years and in addition to my wife I know three other people who use their external battery packs with the same opinion. If their laptop batteries are as good as the rest of their products it should be as good as a new OEM battery.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

:banjo:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Suit things

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Geoj posted:

I can't say enough good things about Anker. I've been using their batteries in my smartphones for the last three years and in addition to my wife I know three other people who use their external battery packs with the same opinion. If their laptop batteries are as good as the rest of their products it should be as good as a new OEM battery.

Seconding this, their bluetooth speakers are also great

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dumb shirt to wear around the house (and play robot dressup) Profits are going to Nepal, so its not a complete waste.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

SaltLick posted:

Suit things

That's a SuitSupply suit, right? I've got one and I love it, I can't wear it enough!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Rather than start another Yard Sale thread that inevitably gets clogged with people reminiscing about buying old game systems at garage sales and nothing else I'm just dumping my finds here.

$0.50

$10

PS Friday yard sales are weird and stupid.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I had a very visceral reaction reading this post. Tell me more.

I must live vicariously through your meat smoking adventures.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I didn't buy this, somebody left it by a dumpster:

All it really needs are new cables, and a tuneup. Going to sell it since it's not my size or style of bike.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

I had a very visceral reaction reading this post. Tell me more.

I must live vicariously through your meat smoking adventures.

What is there to tell? its a big porcelain coated iron box that produces heat to cook food products.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ChocNitty posted:

I didn't buy this, somebody left it by a dumpster:

All it really needs are new cables, and a tuneup. Going to sell it since it's not my size or style of bike.

so you found a free bike that you don't like and aren't going to keep...

how is that your favorite recent purchase?

why even post that poo poo, just to brag you got a free bike?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Borrowed a French cuff shirt from a friend for an interview on Monday, he only has cufflinks with Freemason symbols and I'm terrified if I borrowed them one of the interviewers would be a mason, and would ask me some secret passphrase and/or engage in some secret handshake, etc. :tinfoil:

Also gently caress buying men's jewelery locally, Men's Wearhouse wanted $40 for a similar pair and I'll probably wear them one time.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Geoj posted:

Borrowed a French cuff shirt from a friend for an interview on Monday, he only has cufflinks with Freemason symbols and I'm terrified if I borrowed them one of the interviewers would be a mason, and would ask me some secret passphrase and/or engage in some secret handshake, etc. :tinfoil:

Also gently caress buying men's jewelery locally, Men's Wearhouse wanted $40 for a similar pair and I'll probably wear them one time.

Have your friend show you the secret handshake and oyull get the job for sure

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

so you found a free bike that you don't like and aren't going to keep...

how is that your favorite recent purchase?

why even post that poo poo, just to brag you got a free bike?

I know the $60 junk bike is some shameless bragging among new houses and cars, but it's a project that i'm going to use to learn how to install replacement parts on.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Along those lines, here's my recent purchases.

Bike $60

+
Lots of Parts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652QSXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C12BEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IORDH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CN6QA2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F5EGAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I7RE2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZMDJW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0063W6YRC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

+
Free tires and pedals from a friend
+
$$$ worth of tools I won't bother linking
=
Bike currently

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Probably not a good unit to start with. Get a weber smokey mountain.

Thirding this. It'll hold enough 'cue for any standard nuclear family, and takes up relatively little space when you have to store it during your horrid Yankee winters. (I've got an offset smoker with a five-foot chamber, and I have to keep it at a friend's house because I just don't have the space.)

Just got one of these:

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

http://www.ebuyer.com/658955-lenovo-thinkcentre-e50-00-twr-desktop-90bx001huk

http://www.ebuyer.com/612425-acer-k202hql-19-5-led-vga-monitor-um-iw3ee-001

Finally convinced my father to upgrade from an 8 year old XP machine. £250 for both, not bad.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

Fjällräven Kånken 15" laptop backpack, for commuting.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

The Clowning posted:

Fjällräven Kånken 15" laptop backpack, for commuting.

Got one of these at the beginning of the year and you're gonna love it. It's sooo spacious. Feels like it'll last a decade, too.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
New in-ears as my xiaomi pistons started to have problems.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Gun part?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Honey bees?

For myself:

Adult toy Sous vide toy

Oneiros has a new favorite as of 00:40 on May 3, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Can we please stop with this retarded joke? It's getting really loving old.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can retards stop posting pictures without explanations?

Yeah I thought not.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Oneiros posted:

Honey bees?

:siren:Correct:siren:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hey man sorry, someone's making a bad joke on the internet and I just have to apologize on behalf of everyone. Hope your forum experience isn't totally ruined.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

NotAnArtist posted:

Hey man sorry, someone's making a bad joke on the internet and I just have to apologize on behalf of everyone. Hope your forum experience isn't totally ruined.

It's not so much that it's a bad joke, it has just been said a thousand times in this thread.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Figured it would be cheaper/more fun to see it at home & watch it with friends.

Making chicken wings for the fights.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's not so much that it's a bad joke, it has just been said a thousand times in this thread.

Really the forums are built on bad jokes repeated, so I would say everyone is just keeping up tradition

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Nice bike!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Because I don't just snack, I GOT TO WAR WITH HUNGER!! RARRHHGHHGH!!!

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sweet! I miss keeping bees. My father and I tried for three years but never got ours to survive a winter (not entirely sure why, they had plenty of food and parasites didn't appear to be a problem) :( They were fun to work with and watch, though.

To go with my sous vide machine above; Now that I'm getting back into cooking I wanted some better knives that the poo poo I've been working with since I moved across the country.

Chicago Cutlery. Not the greatest, but better than the beat-to-crap Ikea stuff I bought off the dude I sublet from for a few months.

Oneiros has a new favorite as of 08:30 on May 3, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I bought a Nintendo DS 3D XL for my son, I had the crushing realisation that I am an old fucker when I had to ask 'is this the one that they all have now?'

Then I bought a digital download card so I could get him Animal Crossing and didn't realise they were tied to specific games so now he has Kirby something or other ha ha

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To be fair, they release a new DS every other year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IUG posted:

To be fair, they release a new DS every other year.

It just struck me all of a sudden that my parents used to do it to make sure they got the 'right one' back when I was a kid, it was oddly cool.