Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Freep started using the phrase black privilege if anyone's curious. Sort of the other side of the white man's burden.

So the beginning and end of said privilege is being able to say "nigga". That's what they're referring to right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

Funding page got pulled already :(

It's gone now, but when I looked at it before it said it had made $800/$800.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Munkeymon posted:

Funding page got pulled already :(

On what pretext? Some crowdfunding sites let you raise money for a medical procedure, and an abortion is no different.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

JT Jag posted:

The Pandora's Box of faith-based exceptions is wide open, to the point that I'm not entirely sure how they could overlook this legal challenge. What can they do, say at the Church of Satan isn't a "real religion"? It's registered like all the others.

Duh, public health trumps religious concerns. :v:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

Duh, public health trumps religious concerns. :v:

Then why can't you buy needles over the counter?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

JT Jag posted:

The Pandora's Box of faith-based exceptions is wide open, to the point that I'm not entirely sure how they could overlook this legal challenge. What can they do, say at the Church of Satan isn't a "real religion"? It's registered like all the others.

The evangelical endgame is to turn the courts into a judge of religious 'sincerity' in a way that privileges their beliefs above those of anyone else.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Then why can't you buy needles over the counter?

Objective morals that no one could possible disagree with trump health concerns.

(You can actually do that in my state, by the way, specifically because of health concerns)

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

UberJew posted:

The evangelical endgame is to turn the courts into a judge of religious 'sincerity' in a way that privileges their beliefs above those of anyone else.

I think they call that Sharia Law in some parts of the world.

Yeah saying that special word is the prime example of black privilege. Also stealing from whitey.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/05/01/david_wildstein_bridgegate_ex_christie_ally_pleads_guilty_to_role_in_george.html

So one of Christie's goons pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges in the Bridgeghazi scandal in exchange for implicating 2 others who will probably be indicted. The lawyer for the one that pleaded guilty indicated that evidence is going to emerge against Christie, which is likely signalling that he intends to turn state evidence against Christie. RIP in Piss, presidential ambitions of this fat angry piece of poo poo.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Jagchosis posted:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/05/01/david_wildstein_bridgegate_ex_christie_ally_pleads_guilty_to_role_in_george.html

So one of Christie's goons pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges in the Bridgeghazi scandal in exchange for implicating 2 others who will probably be indicted. The lawyer for the one that pleaded guilty indicated that evidence is going to emerge against Christie, which is likely signalling that he intends to turn state evidence against Christie. RIP in Piss, presidential ambitions of this fat angry piece of poo poo.

Eh, he lost his chance to be president when he fired off the hug heard 'round the south. Not president or in jail is probably his best possible outcome at this point

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tender Bender posted:

Do conservatives just imagine Al Sharpton is some kind of violent instigator, or do they actually read/hear things he says and interpret that as a call to arms? He's always brought up as the worst racebaiter for saying that we should look into the deaths of black people who are killed for questionable reasons, while also saying we should avoid violent protests.

Fun fact: I told my conservative mother that she brings up Al Sharpton like he's some kind of boogeyman, and her response was "He IS a boogeyman!"

My father has the usual suspects on his Facebook and whatnot and also brings up Sharpton at every opportunity ("he's in the White House EVERY WEEK!") Last week he brought up that Sharpton went in front of crowds and said "What we need is more dead cops!"

Which, of course, didn't come out of Al's mouth, nor was he there where it was chanted. Nor has anyone from NYC come forth and said "yes, we were the ones chanting that." But, well, try telling people who watch certain news sources that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Y'all the only good thing about Al Sharpton is that he pisses off white people. Of course that's also the main bad thing about him because as soon as he enters the debate the well is poisoned.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Tender Bender posted:

Do conservatives just imagine Al Sharpton is some kind of violent instigator, or do they actually read/hear things he says and interpret that as a call to arms? He's always brought up as the worst racebaiter for saying that we should look into the deaths of black people who are killed for questionable reasons, while also saying we should avoid violent protests.

Fun fact: I told my conservative mother that she brings up Al Sharpton like he's some kind of boogeyman, and her response was "He IS a boogeyman!"

If your mom was 60 years older she'd have called MLK a communist agitator from Moscow too. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Y'all the only good thing about Al Sharpton is that he pisses off white people. Of course that's also the main bad thing about him because as soon as he enters the debate the well is poisoned.

This is bullshit though because it means one was just looking to hand wave the issue away simlply because "RACE HUSTLER" Sharpton shows up to say a thing. gently caress him.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

SCOTUS might strike down Obamacare since they're probably going to make gay marriage a thing.

Yeah, I've felt like the two SCOTUS decisions in June were going to be a 'give some, take some' situation for a while now. And since public pressure more or less forces a 'give' on gay marriage, well...

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 1, 2015

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

zoux posted:

because as soon as he enters the debate the well is poisoned.

LOL like the "well" of American political discourse is ever anything but raw sewage.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh well better not debate anything ever I guess :shrug:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I'm just saying it's not like the absence of Al Sharpton ensures an open dialog on race relations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Unzip and Attack posted:

I'm just saying it's not like the absence of Al Sharpton ensures an open dialog on race relations.

Yeah but I'd rather debate the racial issue at hand rather than also having to debate about Al Sharpton.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

zoux posted:

Yeah but I'd rather debate the racial issue at hand rather than also having to debate about Al Sharpton.

That's a fair point.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Only the noble whites are allowed to start up conversations about race.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Only the noble whites are allowed to start up conversations about race.

How does one know if they're a noble white?

Is there a paper bag test, do you have to own land and if so how much, or do you have to trace your lineage back to Europe?

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
No one who thinks Al Sharpton is a 'race hustler' is ever going to have a debate with you about race issues. It's an excuse for racist people to check out of an argument without saying something more overtly racist.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Maarek posted:

No one who thinks Al Sharpton is a 'race hustler' is ever going to have a debate with you about race issues.

Ohhhhhh yes they will. It'll just be centered around why they can't say n______ and how black people are the ones committing all the murders

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also he's a snitch :ocelot:

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

zoux posted:

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

This is bullshit, the secret Palin unlock code isn't working.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

I've noticed lately that there seems to be a growing resentment of the GOP among military members. I'm not certain if this is just my shifting circles, but it used to be the Republicans had majority support, but now pretty much every member of the military I know thinks "tries to get me killed in stupid wars", "tries to destroy the VA" and, new in the news, "tries to gently caress over incoming soldiers by supporting predatory lenders".

I'm actually seeing a lot of anger at the GOP over that last bit right now: The Republicans in Congress came out massively to support the predatory lenders and car dealers that prey on fresh recruits and folks do not seem to be happy about it.
I've been out of the loop for a good bit, I'd like to learn more about this predatory lender stuff. I've seen some rumblings about this on Facebook but not much elsewhere.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

I count four people who have ruled out a run, but they left off Jim Gilmore and John Bolton :lol:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I've been out of the loop for a good bit, I'd like to learn more about this predatory lender stuff. I've seen some rumblings about this on Facebook but not much elsewhere.

What do you want to know?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

I count four people who have ruled out a run, but they left off Jim Gilmore and John Bolton :lol:

who's the woman in the middle row three from the left?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hobnob posted:

This is bullshit, the secret Palin unlock code isn't working.

As if GOP Kombat would use anything other than microtransactions. Pay 4.99 to unlock Sarah Palin!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I fancy that vest,.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

who's the woman in the middle row three from the left?

Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico, who won't run because she's the primary caregiver for a disabled sibling.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Finally a job for the American Ronin

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ haha poo poo lol

only a soldier with no master can take back the streets.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Oh, is he going to snipe people from the top of the Ravens' stadium with his biker gang?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

He gonna teach them how to get away with a crime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

zoux posted:

CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER

lol they photoshopped Jindal a few shades paler