Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

"it's Oscar gold!" :george: is the kind of comedic timing you only get once in a lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Best WHM riff is Louie Anderson, last actor on Earth, from The Day After Tomorrow.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Best WHM riff is Louie Anderson, last actor on Earth, from The Day After Tomorrow.

I think you meant Turtle Sutherland.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I think you meant Turtle Sutherland.

The best part of that riff is it came out of nowhere inside an episode about a fairly unremarkable movie.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Yeah Turtle Sutherland is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Really can't wait to hear what Zouks thinks about Face Off. If he was as over the top about Con Air, how's he going to be about something 100 times better.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

"__________________ is LITERALLY, INSANE!"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Was there a proper surgery scene in Face/Off?

I'm trying to guess when he jerked off.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Listened to 199, 200, 201, mailbag and AD 14 this week and man is WHM on a roll. The Gene Shalit story was perfect.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I relistened to WHM's The Good Son, and holy cow I forgot how amazing it was. The constant call backs to the Surge getting ice cold and wanting to see what Urkel is up to, Elijah Wood being an old soul whose father is in Japan on shady business, and the Blues Brothers tangent are all perfect. I'm putting this up there with Battle for Endor and Halloween III.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Little Critters :allears:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
The alternate universe Face/Off cast seems so obvious to me that I can't beleive nobody mentioned it: Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Just take a wild guess as to who should've been the villian

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't know why no one mentioned Christopher Walken. Walken vs Cage would be pretty amazing.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

How about Paul Newman/Steve McQueen. That'd be something.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Jim Belushi/Louie Anderson

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

I've always been kinda sad that WHM haven't read any more internet reviews after The Glass House. One or two after an episode is all I need.

Anyone know what the next episode is?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flython posted:

I've always been kinda sad that WHM haven't read any more internet reviews after The Glass House. One or two after an episode is all I need.

It is House Arrest

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Flython posted:

They actually did a couple for Grown Ups 2.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flython posted:

Yeah that's one of my favorite WHM moments ever. So much so that I tweeted them about it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Flython posted:

I can't remember that. So they, what, read good reviews or bad reviews of the movie? If it was good reviews, they might feel like it's too similar to what How Did This Get Made's section, Second Opinions.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I can't remember that. So they, what, read good reviews or bad reviews of the movie? If it was good reviews, they might feel like it's too similar to what How Did This Get Made's section, Second Opinions.

They read comically terrible IMDB reviews.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
There was also that time they read the IMDB forum post about the dude who had a creepy obsession with an actress from Ghost In The Machine.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They read comically terrible IMDB reviews.

The Invisible Child user review of "why don't Tim Beeman kill his wife" has stuck with me for a long time, I hope they're inspired to read a few more some time, though it is admittedly pretty close to the same joke note as HDTGM's Second Opinions.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
If they do it in a funny way it'll be different enough from the HDTGM bit.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
June's reaction to the world's smallest man is a new instant classic HDTGM moment.

Sucks that it sounds like there won't really be any three-host shows for a few months, although apparently they were all at the two live shows recorded last night.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 17, 2015

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

GraPar posted:

June's reaction to the world's smallest man is a new instant classic HDTGM moment.

Sucks that it sounds like there won't really be any three-host shows for a few months, although apparently they were all at the two live shows recorded last night.

It was like a nervous breakdown that he wasn't a puppet. I was dying.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
June - ".... movies can be better than other movies?"

I know she said it when she was a child, but still. I think as soon as almost everyone saw their second movie, at whatever age, they could judge which movie was better.

Also commenting repeatedly about how small that guy was, but also thinking it was puppet and somehow there was an even smaller person inside of it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Eh, I think as a kid you don't really care as much about quality of stuff, you either like it or you're bored with it, like Alex Fernie said.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The stinger on this flophouse episode was pretty great

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This was the sexiest flophouse ever.

"I told you...no names. But we're both...very famous."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I haven't watched a WHM movie before listening to the podcast since Jingle All The Way 2 but holy poo poo, you're telling me I've been missing out on a movie where Rutger Hauer plays a Zatoichi ripoff AND fights Shô Kosugi for more than 25 years?!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think as soon as almost everyone saw their second movie, at whatever age, they could judge which movie was better.

I mean yes, most kids will differentiate between "this was a movie, so it was good" and "THIS MOVIE WAS AMAZING AND I WANT TO WATCH IT ON LOOP FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS" but it usually takes time for someone's brain to go "this was a movie I didn't enjoy watching".

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 19, 2015

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
June repeating "He's so small..." Over and over again just killed me.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

I haven't watched a WHM movie before listening to the podcast since Jingle All The Way 2 but holy poo poo, you're telling me I've been missing out on a movie where Rutger Hauer plays a Zatoichi ripoff AND fights Shô Kosugi for more than 25 years?!

I promise you it's just as a amazing as they said it was.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It also has one of the most amazing posters ever.

:smug:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I don't know why, but that don't is really annoying. Rutger Hauer ain't no country boy messin' up his grammar.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Random Stranger posted:

I promise you it's just as a amazing as they said it was.
I liked it a lot but after the scene where the mom gets killed I expected it to be a lot bloodier than it ended up being. And as insane and fun as Hauer's performance is, Kosugi's fight scene at the very end mainly made me wish I had just watched a movie with him as a blind swordsman.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

GraPar posted:

The whole drat episode is a classic, as far as I'm concerned.

It'd be esoteric as hell, but I'd love if either HDTGM or WHM had an episode specifically covering the making-of documentary for TIoDM. There's so much there to discuss in and of itself.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

I liked it a lot but after the scene where the mom gets killed I expected it to be a lot bloodier than it ended up being. And as insane and fun as Hauer's performance is, Kosugi's fight scene at the very end mainly made me wish I had just watched a movie with him as a blind swordsman.

That's always the problem with needing a "name" to play the lead in an action movie when they're the least skilled at doing stunts or fight scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Which WHM Mailbag is the one with the "Welp! THERE'S HER BOOBERS!" story? I'm trying to find it because that was the funniest loving story.

Nevermind, found it. April 2015.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 23, 2015