Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
There's several of us, just not all the time.

But we are there, watching. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hit VR 10 last night. I've got four more zones to complete and Craglorn to finish so hitting VR14 shouldn't be an issue I think.

Started doing Valenwood quests and really digging the province and feel of it. Last night I ate a frog, tripped balls, and became one with an ancient talking tree. Probably favorite setting since leaving Black Marsh.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

That must have been it. Unfortunately it was hotfixed yesterday. So no crab train for me.

Oh, thats kind of sad. I wanted to try it sometime. I have a Templar on EB that I want to level up but I am loathe to spend the hours puttsing through quests.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I got VR5 something like 80-90% through Alik'r, but that was with daily silver pledges and odd Cyrodiil scouting. Did you just grind or does AD have more quests etc?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

GuyUpNorth posted:

I got VR5 something like 80-90% through Alik'r, but that was with daily silver pledges and odd Cyrodiil scouting. Did you just grind or does AD have more quests etc?

I was about vr6 by the time I finished Bangkorai for DC, then proceeded to do all of VR 6 to almost VR 9 doing just dungeons, skyshards hunting, and clearing delves in Cyrodiil. I don't think I did a single quest for like a week or so. Its possible to level up VR pretty decently not questing or grinding, it can just be more inconsistent because you don't have arrows pointing you around. I started around VR 9 and I didn't clear any POIs in AD zones so if I can manage one VR a zone should be fine.

I do have ESO Plus though, that'll be about a 10% difference exp wise.

Edit: IMO Cyrodiil is the best exp in the game currently, but you do have to keep an eye out for other players.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 29, 2015

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

PSA since we just had a discussion about trophies in guild chat. Some of them suck, but you guys definitely want to save the Questionable Meat Sack. It gives you a vomit emote. Great for using on a pair of ERPing pubbies:

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 30, 2015

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
The Questionable Meat Sack reminds me of the fire extinguisher and party poppers from Star Trek Online. Of course they were used to gently caress with RP'ers in town.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I felt bad after that quest.

But I've still got the sack.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Do most of the trophies even do anything?

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

rlloyd3 posted:

Do most of the trophies even do anything?

One turns you into a goblin, there's a few other costumes, and most of them just do dumb little lights or bubbles or other particle effects.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

Monohydrate posted:

One turns you into a goblin, there's a few other costumes, and most of them just do dumb little lights or bubbles or other particle effects.

I Googled it; ya'll were talking about a different type of trophies than I was asking about, lol.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

rlloyd3 posted:

I Googled it; ya'll were talking about a different type of trophies than I was asking about, lol.

Trophies in the "misc" tab do emotes and trophies in the consumable tabs are for achievements and can be chucked if you already have used them before.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If the trophy disappears when you double click it, thats not a glitch it just the consumable top that adds to an achievement.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is it wise/viable to ignore crafting entirely? I'm just not interested in it and would rather spend my skill points on Crime.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Here you go. It's the basic setup I use. I finish it out with potions, stat food, and 2 armor sets (Hunding's and Night's Silence).

Some of that stuff is interchangeable, like if I want survivability, I'll swap out Evil Hunter for either Bound Armaments (Bound Armor Stamina Morph) or Boundless Storm.

Scyantific, can you re-do your build? ESOhead changed their architecture and broke all of the old builds. I had yours saved, as I am working towards it, but now it is gone. Thanks.

Zarick posted:

Is it wise/viable to ignore crafting entirely? I'm just not interested in it and would rather spend my skill points on Crime.

I think you will be fine. Leveling up is pretty easy and gear isn't an issue, I find. You can still level up your crafting skills through deconstruction without much effort, so they will be there waiting for you by the time you are swimming in skill points.

Darkmoon2k fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 30, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just a reminder: Guild bank is open to everyone, which means if you dump a legendary level crafting item like Kuta, it probablysure as hell won't be there the next time you log in.

Whoever dropped it give me a shout ingame at @Scyantific and I'll give you a share of the sales money from it. Or an item of your choice.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 30, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Actually, nevermind. The game doesn't want to work. Boo.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 30, 2015

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Scyantific posted:

Just a reminder: Guild bank is open to everyone, which means if you dump a legendary level crafting item like Kuta, it probablysure as hell won't be there the next time you log in.

Whoever dropped it give me a shout ingame at @Scyantific and I'll give you a share of the sales money from it. Or an item of your choice.

Isn't the name of whoever deposited it logged? I've been yanking low level gear every day or so to do research for crafting. I deposit money in the bank whenever I do that even though I'm not entirely sure what the guild bank is for.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:woop:Hit VR14 today:woop:

Immediately went to go craft a new set of gear for v14 and chose AE style for light armor. Thank loving god for the dye system because holy poo poo the VR14 color schemes for AE look like absolute rear end.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
I see so many people dyed purple and pink and it makes me want to vomit a little every time.

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
I ran into this pubbie today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Same armor, new dye set (Epic level color scheme was even worse :barf:)

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Stop being a Green Goblin and go Aquaman!

RUM HAM fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 1, 2015

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Woo, got the game running.

Could I grab a guild invite to the Ebonheart goons? @iGestalt

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/05/01/crown-store-showcase-may-1st-2015

Ordinator and Hand of Almalexia costumes officially announced for crown store.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/05/01/crown-store-showcase-may-1st-2015

Yesssssssss give me that Ordinator pack :getin:

Anyway, now that I've hit V14, the real fun begins. Grinding out endgame gear for Trials, Pledges, and Dragonstar Arena.

New setup, pure DPS glass cannon build
Shoulders, Hands, Legs, Belt are Martial Knowledge set (Yokudan style, endgame gear)
Chest, Head, Boots and staves are Magnus set in Breton Style

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How does endgame gear work?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 2, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
like most mmos, the cooler you look to a six year old the better it is

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I appreciate the gifts, Scyantific. Perhaps we should get video game married. I'm just scared of commitment, you know?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
So you know how we're in Thornblade because all other zones are an AD clusterfuck?

Yeah.... guess what just happened to Thornblade.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Could use an invite to the ebonheart guild

@jimlit

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
How's endgame crafting? I like the idea of making my own ridiculous set of armor rather than search around for a set.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
ESO was kinda fun, thinking of getting back into it, got a few questions if you guys could answer them.

Since the guilds are still there, I'm assuming our subscription characters still exist? I won't need to reroll right?

When I quit the game, Templars got hit hard with a nerf that added a 1 second gcd after our spear skill, forgot what the skill was called, but it wrecked that skill. Do they still have that?

VR13 was the max level when I quit, is that still the max?

VR was kinda poorly planned out in the sense that storm atronachs were near impossible to kill solo around VR10, did they tweak VR?

Are Templars good healers again? I recall Sorc taking the best heal title away from Templars after the Craglorn patch.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Templars and Sorcs are kinda tied for "Best Heals" mainly because Templars have actual heals that don't require Resto staff, but Sorcs can stack on some pretty nasty cost redux and mana regen bonuses; not to mention they have a backup mana pool with Dark Exchange, and can also stack some ridiculous shielding with Hardened Ward + Dampen Magic + Healing Ward (I've been healing for the last 3 weeks in v12-v14 vet dungeons and I've yet to have anyone yell at me for having bad heals).

You don't have to reroll, but everyone's had their skills and attributes reset and there's been an assload of changes so re-rolling might be a good option (plus if you rolled DC they're basically non-existent in PvP, and the majority of new goons are all in EP). V13 got bumped up to V14, and they've done some work into making poo poo easier. Storm atros still loving suck though, gently caress them.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
I got max crafting on my guy, and several 8 traits researched, I can't imagine rerolling and waiting 28 days for research to finish again.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Rough Lobster posted:

How's endgame crafting? I like the idea of making my own ridiculous set of armor rather than search around for a set.

the best dropped gear is somewhat better than the best crafted gear, because once you've got the traits you can pretty much manufacture as much crafted gear as you want (the raw materials aren't rare or expensive on the guild stores) but you've gotta grind for the dropped stuff. also you can put the crafted trait on anything you can make except jewelry whereas the dropped gear sets have specific items they appear on. so basically crafted sets are important for filling out the gaps not covered by dropped sets I guess

vug fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 2, 2015

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Berke Negri posted:

Yes!
Now all we need is Vivec city!

The ending of the wish is ALMSIVI.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This morning I made a discovery, that after the Aldmeri Dominion's epic curbstomping of the Ebonheart Pact on Thornblade, the tides had shifted back and the EP now controlled the entirety of the map again.

BUT... said epic curbstomping left open an opportunity that I was determined to take advantage of:

Fort Ash now proudly bears the Mudcrab Sigil.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

The crafting system is really good, its all deterministic so you craft the exact item you want with the trait and set bonuses you want. I don't why that guy said drops are better, they aren't. The base stats on drops and craft are all the same, but there are set bonuses only available through and vice versa.

To guy worried about rerolling. Do what I did and just turn your DC guy into a craft mule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsarbomb
Oct 14, 2008

Take us out of the system, but not too quickly. The Andorian Mining Consortium runs from no one.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Fort Ash now proudly bears the Mudcrab Sigil.

Amazing.

Does this just provide an e-peen extension for the guild or is there utility in controlling a keep?

• Locked thread