Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... The surge in the polls of the SNP

The kid learning French or German would be the punchline in any other of these cartoons. It's like Onion's Kelly was real and completely sincere. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

baka kaba posted:

I can't stop looking at that table. What is it with wealthy families and occult demonic artifacts?
It's not the table that worries me.

:cthulhu:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

"I call this one 'Political Correctness'"

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Guavanaut posted:

It's not the table that worries me.

:cthulhu:

I have to burn this

e: tables

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I keep seeing a face in the pot plant on the far right.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron's 'career-defining' election slip - The Conservative leader’s slip of the tongue appeared to reveal a preoccupation with his career, rather than the country"

Telegraph:

Watch: Ed Miliband trips off the stage following Question Time leaders special

Independent:

Election 2015: Don't gamble on the SNP, Ed Miliband says After JB Anderson.

Times:

Far from the Madding Crowd (2015) - IMDb

Stephen Collins:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Aww that Telegraph one is adorable, look how safe Eddy is.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Why am I hearing about Far from the Madding Crowd everywhere when it has such a bland metacritic/IMDb score? Is it just that I only get my news from rich person places?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Why would crummy reviews stop a studio from advertising their film.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr. Squishy posted:

Why would crummy reviews stop a studio from advertising their film.

No, I mean hearing it discussed multiple times on NPR as a news item, not an ad, then seeing a reference to it in this UK political cartoon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The press love a period drama, it's an easy thing to write about. They can use their English/History degree to critique it, and it's an excuse to have lots of pictures of ladies in pretty dresses and men in fancy uniforms.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

No, I mean hearing it discussed multiple times on NPR as a news item, not an ad, then seeing a reference to it in this UK political cartoon.

Well yeah that's how promotion works innit! It's not coincidence when media outlets all start talking about the same thing at the same time. And then cartoons reference the stuff people are hearing about

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cliff Racer posted:

It came out in the UK yesterday, so it's suitable "A Thing Happened" fodder.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

EDIT: Actually,Chris Cairns image dump incoming!

Coohoolin fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 2, 2015

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Coohoolin posted:

EDIT: Actually,Chris Cairns image dump incoming!

Man, that guy hates Jim Murphy.

Observer:

"The grim reaper looms… - Chris Riddell on the consequences of a Conservative victory"

Sunday Telegraph:

Royal baby: William and Kate present daughter to the world

Independent on Sunday:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Loving Riddle's zombie thatcher

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The Indy's is like the most childish thing ever, it's like babby's first political complaint.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Cloud Potato posted:

Man, that guy hates Jim Murphy.

Jim Murphy has lower approval ratings than Cameron in Scotland, it's hardly surprising.

Nicola is a good, strong name for a girl. Alex can be a girl's name too. Just saying.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

How about Fanny?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Candi, a modern name for a modern princess!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
My fake money's on either Elizabeth or Victoria. :shrug:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the royal baby – Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s daughter dominates front pages as election week begins"

Telegraph:

Election 2015: Lib Dems will insist on public sector pay rise

Independent:

Times:

Ed Miliband unveils stone carved with Labour pledges to be placed at Downing St if he wins

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Maybe Miliband Eats Royal Baby

Brilliant.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cliff Racer posted:

Maybe Miliband Eats Royal Baby

Brilliant.

I read it as "Mad Miliband".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Right everyone, get out your magnifying glasses. I can make out "a knighthood for the mighty Alex", but that's about it

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
One thing that I really love about the Guardian cartoonists is that they always portray reporters/press corps, like everyone else, in a negative light. Thats not really something you can find in the news anywhere else and its very refreshing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Have they ever taken shots specifically at the Guardian itself? That would be brave.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

What are Cameron and Boris doing to their foreheads?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

J_RBG posted:

What are Cameron and Boris doing to their foreheads?

They're getting pumped up.

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
What's with "HATE" and "THUD" on Boris's knuckles? In the Rowson one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on ‘pumped-up’ David Cameron – Prime minister addresses Conservative supporters in bath as the general election looms"

Telegraph:

England results in West Indies 2015

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Ed Miliband's stone tablet monument for Number 10

'About your second piece of stonework for Number 10's garden, Mr Miliband. Do you want it with or without figleaf?'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, the guy who leads the sculpture group I sometimes attend does kinda look like that. Flat hat, scraggly beard, fag in his mouth most of the time, even a little neck scarf sometimes.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it would be really cool if miliband actually commissioned a statue of him holding the decapitated noggin of call me dave

Silly Hyena
May 2, 2014
That Bell one is terrible and lazy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Silly Hyena posted:

That Bell one is terrible and lazy.

No kidding, I honestly thought my eyes were playing a trick on me at first.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I never thought I'd say it but that is a pretty good cartoon from Mac.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I never thought I'd say it but that is a pretty good cartoon from Mac.

After months of pushing an anti-labour agenda instead of telling jokes he suddenly does a funny pro-Miliband cartoon 2 days before the election :confused:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Strawman posted:

After months of pushing an anti-labour agenda instead of telling jokes he suddenly does a funny pro-Miliband cartoon 2 days before the election :confused:

You're confusing Mac and the Times guy, I think.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The kid learning French or German would be the punchline in any other of these cartoons. It's like Onion's Kelly was real and completely sincere. I love it.
Mac has got to be sending himself up with the house those people are living in. It's like the Daily Mail reader's wet dream come true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Strawman posted:

I think it's meant to be mocking his ego and arrogance. You know, given he's publicly revealing something meant to be displayed if he wins the election, and Mac doesn't think he has a chance because his paper can't decide whether to stick its head up the familiar warmth and comfort of David Cameron's arse, or be daring and go for that outrageous fuckwit rogue Farage.

That, or if it is pro-Miliband, it'd have to be the most fellatory cartoon produced this side of the Atlantic.

• Locked thread