Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

GE Tigers are all Draven except for Kuro who is Rainmaker Okada

No Ginyu Force poses, no buys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
SBENU is a fashion company; now everything kind of makes sense.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Doa/Monte's jackets holy moly

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Allyn posted:

Doa/Monte's jackets holy moly

Those are far from the most interesting things they've ever worn whilst casting.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bengi, the ultimate crap machine

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Will be really interesting to see how GE does - I think SK might have it but GE is a bit of a mystery for now.

Tom and Easyhoon starting again!?

Zwingley posted:

Those are far from the most interesting things they've ever worn whilst casting.

Rainbro jackets forever

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Killed By Death posted:

Bengi, the ultimate crap machine

Yeah that got a laugh out of me, poor Bengi.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Flameingblack posted:

GE Tigers are all Draven except for Kuro who is Rainmaker Okada

Kuro needs a sword and dinosaur.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

GE Tigers 93% red side winrate :eyepop:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CODChimera posted:

Yeah that got a laugh out of me, poor Bengi.

Beongi!!!

literally do not know why SKT is loving around with Tom/Easyhoon. You need to play Faker if you're playing Tom.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I really don't like sitting Faker here. Whatever surprise edge it gives you isn't worth keeping him off the Rift

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

rabidsquid posted:

Beongi!!!

literally do not know why SKT is loving around with Tom/Easyhoon. You need to play Faker if you're playing Tom.

It's literally SKT T1S playing right now

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
No Hecarim pick or ban ? :confused:

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I really dislike the giant Korean rosters... This whole Marin/Tom thing is a loving crime. Faker is one of, if not the biggest star in Korea and he sits nearly half the games for loving Easyhoon.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Savage Cracker posted:

No Hecarim pick or ban ? :confused:

SKT taking Gnar over it boggles my mind

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
I think SKT is really trying to groom Tom into a full replacement for Bengi, so putting him in even in higher stakes games makes sense, really. Personally I don't mind them continuing to play Easyhoon too, if it keeps him from being sucked into the LPL's Korean museum.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Oooo nice force from SKT there

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
GE just havent looked the same since IEM

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I really don't like the Taigas' comp here. It's too low damage without Azir or if he gets bursted. Something like Azir + Lucian woulda been a much better choice. They can still win if they hit ultra lategame Azir mode, but Easy is gonna make them work for it.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
GE getting played like a fiddle, drat.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
Case in point...also, Lee is loving rear end at Nunu,what the gently caress was that son, how'd you not get that dragon?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
That Sejuani into Casseiopeia ult combo was disgusting

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
It may just be that SKT vs CJ was the real finals of this tourney, which would show a big weak point in the 'king of the hill' format - being first in the regular season shouldn't guarantee you 1st or 2nd IMO.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
SKT putting the boots to Azir

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Transient People posted:

Case in point...also, Lee is loving rear end at Nunu,what the gently caress was that son, how'd you not get that dragon?

He wasn't in range for consume and was a level lower than Sej, so realistically couldn't outsmite. (Although I don't think Tom actually used smite, no idea how it went down from 650~ to dead so quickly, was p. weird)

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Yeah that was about the best GE could do at this point, ouch

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Allyn posted:

He wasn't in range for consume and was a level lower than Sej, so realistically couldn't outsmite. (Although I don't think Tom actually used smite, no idea how it went down from 650~ to dead so quickly, was p. weird)

The lack of smite was the issue, really. Makes no sense he didn't press it once drag got to kill range.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

It may just be that SKT vs CJ was the real finals of this tourney, which would show a big weak point in the 'king of the hill' format - being first in the regular season shouldn't guarantee you 1st or 2nd IMO.

I think this gauntlet style playoffs is mostly a compromise.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Pretty clinical vision control from SKT the whole game. That was fun to watch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In retrospect I think they played Tom/Easyhoon for the mental edge. If they lose they can still turn to Faker, but if they win GE Tigers already lost to the bench guys

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

In retrospect I think they played Tom/Easyhoon for the mental edge. If they lose they can still turn to Faker, but if they win GE Tigers already lost to the bench guys

Also SK has a big Game 5 edge (Faker LB) so they have an ace up their sleeve

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Tom's totally meant to be the replacement jungler for Bengi, but I do think Easy gets put in for the 'we lost to the bench, THE loving BENCH' factor.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
That would be Picaboo. At least Easyhoon got games regularly.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
what the poo poo is this

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Zwingley posted:

what the poo poo is this

Something amazing is what it is, looks like the key to winning championships is singing players to sleep!

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

Transient People posted:

Something amazing is what it is, looks like the key to winning championships is singing players to sleep!

foot and facial massages too i guess

Also Tom was legitimately really good in game 1, so I can see why they're not subbing him out.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zwingley posted:

what the poo poo is this

a coaching clinic Scarras failure is evenn more obvious now

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

GE straight up running SKT's comp, only with Irelia for Gnar

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

No Hecarim pick or ban again?!? :psyduck:

Do these teams know something we don't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Allyn posted:

GE straight up running SKT's comp, only with Irelia for Gnar

SKT has something that works pretty well tho, I like this much better than Urgot/Nautilus.

Killed By Death posted:

No Hecarim pick or ban again?!? :psyduck:

Do these teams know something we don't?

Irelia is traditionally a very good anti-Gnar matchup, better than Hec. But pony should still win really hard in the Cinderhulk meta, so I dunno.

• Locked thread