Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm riding the T!

e: wrong thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the attempts to keep tori off the train is getting out of hand

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"but officer, he was overweight"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Valeyard posted:

this is actually to keep pleasure kevin ON the train - to the gulag.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Smythe posted:

pretty hosed up to imagine that pleasure kevin and tori are the same person, imo

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

anthonypants posted:

pretty hosed up to imagine that pleasure kevin and tori are the same person, imo

yeah but it makes a lot of sense when u think about it

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

"but officer, he was overweight"

"but officer, he doesn't write down every purchase in his checkbook ledger!"

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

one mini 2

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ach tee cee one em eight
ach tee cee one em nine
ach tee cee one mini two

the naming scheme for android phones is almost as bad as that for graphics cards and microsoft's latest dump

pram
Jun 10, 2001
posting to reveal the hidden posrt

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

i'm the five (5) soft buttons

i'm the "google is your friend" permanent reminder

i'm the phone logo

i'm the dot on the map in the wrong place entirely

gently caress

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

~Coxy posted:

i'm the five (5) soft buttons

i'm the "google is your friend" permanent reminder

i'm the phone logo

i'm the dot on the map in the wrong place entirely

gently caress

I'm the easy access to the power button. Handy for reboots.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm the hamburger button and the overflow button at the same time

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Valeyard posted:

now that reagan is dead who will tear down this german wall

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
im the i like how much like your its u

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

poty posted:

now that reagan is dead who will tear down this german wall

he didn't tear the wall down dummy

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im the 2349pm

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Samsung Confirms Galaxy S6 Has Serious Memory Problem

quote:

Perhaps unsurprisingly Samsung chose to make the admission in as low profile a manner as possible. The company took to its Samsung UK Facebook page to confirm that both the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have memory mismanagement problems which cause them to slow and apps to forcefully close.

What should happen is RAM used by apps and services is released when those apps and services are not in use. Instead it is not being released which means each new app or service has to eat into additional memory until there is no more available, at which point the slowdowns and crashes begin.

The only half solutions at present are a) to hit the ‘Close All’ button in the multitasking card menu to dismiss all apps to try and claw some memory back, or b) to reboot the device. Interestingly the latter is expected to have helped keep the issue under the radar in reviews as performance testing is always done from a fresh boot.

get it together samsung jfc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/537186/the-truth-about-smartphone-apps-that-secretly-connect-to-user-tracking-and-ad-sites/

the site posted:

because Google Play is more open...many [apps] connect to ad-related sites and tracking sites while some connect to much more dubious sites that are associated with malware. But here’s the problem—this activity often takes place without the owner being aware of what is going on.

Vigneri and co began by downloading over 2,000 free apps from all 25 categories on the Google Play store. They then launched each app on a Samsung Galaxy SIII running Android version 4.1.2 that was set up to channel all traffic through the team’s server. This recorded all the urls that each app attempted to contact. Next they compared the urls against a list of known ad-related sites from a database called EasyList and a database of user tracking sites called EasyPrivacy, both compiled for the open source AdBlock Plus project. Finally, they counted the number of matches on each list for every app. The results make for interesting reading. In total, the apps connect to a mind-boggling 250,000 different urls across almost 2,000 top level domains.

Vigneri and co give as an example “Music Volume Eq,” an app designed to control volume, a task that does not require a connection to any external urls. And yet the app makes many connections. “We find the app Music Volume EQ connects to almost 2,000 distinct URLs,” they say. And it is not alone in its excesses. The team say about 10 percent of the apps they tested connect to more than 500 different urls.

What’s more many of these are created by organizations that Google has designated with “top developer status.” The worst offender is an app called Eurosport Player which connects to 810 different user tracking sites.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blue Train posted:

Samsung Confirms Galaxy S6 Has Serious Memory Problem

get it together samsung jfc

lmbo. i guess it's good everyone installs lovely task killers because the carriers tell them to

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress. You mean the athlete did a paid advertisement...? What the gently caress...

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

Holy gently caress. You mean the athlete did a paid advertisement...? What the gently caress...

athlete takes money from company that makes bad phones, uses a good phone personally

news at 11

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mishaq posted:

athlete takes money from company that makes bad phones, uses a good phone personally

news at 11

They're both trash, dumbass. RiM designed the perfect Email Checker.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
may weathers sponsorship is even more shameful.

it's hublot watches.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

They're both trash, dumbass. RiM designed the perfect Email Checker.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

----------------

glitch77
Apr 22, 2006

lol

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i wrote some custom anroid widgets for work today at my job where i program anroid apps

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

someone took the time to look for this and then post it

seriously who cares

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Anroid.

----------------

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
isnt arfJason that automated poster that someone got for yosmas that one time? it doesnt matter i'm just wondering he's killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
sorry to inform that arfjason is not a bot, all those anroids have been artisanally created by a real person

• Locked thread