Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

My Imaginary GF posted:

do not want. anime club nasty.

beer gone. ugh. five tons. i can do this. i'm american, damnit.

i'm loving canadian-english. i'm like, double polite. when i get drunk as gently caress my reaction is "oh i should be nice to people and make them feel good, people are cool"

i like you MIGF, me and you, we're going to solve the problems of the world, with cynicism and drinking and drug abuse and fistbumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

anime is like one of the main features of this thread

lies

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

nutranurse posted:

the main features of this thread:

+snark
+booze
+zouxpinions
+nn race rants
+hating chicago
+more booze
+posting about posting
+lack of productivity

+anime
+"pizza" casseroles

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

CoolCab posted:

gently caress landlords forever

who decided "well you own stuff

Property Is Theft, comrade

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Anime is weakness

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ReidRansom posted:

+anime
+"pizza" casseroles

1) no, anime is for the mentally infirm
2) thats folded into hating chicago

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

the main features of this thread:

+snark
+booze
+zouxpinions
+nn race rants
+hating chicago
+more booze
+posting about posting
+lack of productivity

+someone with the "cool" prefix gets too inebriated
+if they''re a bear gently caress MIGF

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Anime is peachy keen.

R. Mute posted:

i genuinely just don't care about anime

like it or hate it whatever

That's a pretty chill and fine opinion.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

Property Is Theft, comrade

we make the distinction between personal property and private property though, yeah? i mean, i'm down with buying property as long as it all reverts to the state on death

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

nutranurse posted:

1) no, anime is for the mentally infirm
2) thats folded into hating chicago

1) but you like anime, i think?
2) fair enough

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

ReidRansom posted:

we make the distinction between personal property and private property though, yeah? i mean, i'm down with buying property as long as it all reverts to the state on death

basically i want the state to spend stupid amouts of money.

i'm not even really a commie, i'm just a Keynesian. Cash Rules Everything Around Me, Specifically Government Policy

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

at best you may be alloted the use of some asset on a daily basis by your local Workers' Committee

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

1) but you like anime, i think?
2) fair enough

i like a very small selection of animated stories that just so happen to come from japan

coruscant makes no sense, like, physically

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

CoolCab posted:

basically i want the state to spend stupid amouts of money.

i'm not even really a commie, i'm just a Keynesian. Cash Rules Everything Around Me, Specifically Government Policy

Bernie Sanders wants to spend $1 trillion on infrastructure improvements over five years.

Google Bernie Sanders 2016.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
absurd when did you move to the us

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
He's catching on I'm tellin ya!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

CoolCab posted:

+someone with the "cool" prefix gets too inebriated
+if they''re a bear gently caress MIGF

+infrequent Cool Bear appearances/freakouts.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's catching on I'm tellin ya!

bernie sanders 2016, kill your landlord, dehumanize and face to syrup

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

nutranurse posted:

i like a very small selection of animated stories that just so happen to come from japan

coruscant makes no sense, like, physically

man it's so weird star wars has like "desert planets"

it's like, you're a planet you don't have ONE temperate zone? bitch have you even considered how to sustain a reasonable biosphere

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nintendo Kid posted:

absurd when did you move to the us

About five years ago. Why?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

what is bernie sanders policy wrt anime and it's future position in regards to corporeality

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Captain_Maclaine posted:

We should really put locks on our trash cans so he's not drawn into this thread in search of food.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

We should really stop MIGF from posting pictures of trashy cuisine so he's not drawn into this thread in search of food.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Captain_Maclaine posted:

coolbear is unironically a cool dude, i hope he gets the help that would help him.

coolcab is a dude who will PM people who he thinks are having trouble in the world and ask "hey man, are you alright?" and talk to them

people could be better. treat the world like it's better, and when it is, you'll be a prophet. when it's not, gently caress it. we'll get better. i believe in all of you,

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

man it's so weird star wars has like "desert planets"

it's like, you're a planet you don't have ONE temperate zone? bitch have you even considered how to sustain a reasonable biosphere

i could get it if it were, like, an arid planet where youve got very little moisture whatsoever or something, but straight up desert all the way around? nah. just. nah

see also wookieworld and its everywhere jungles

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

kustomkarkommando posted:

what is bernie sanders policy wrt anime and it's future position in regards to corporeality

he has a 45% rating from the hayao miyazaki society

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

after i watched anime with senator sanders he told me it's real and it's spectacular

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

My Imaginary GF posted:

do not want. anime club nasty.

beer gone. ugh. five tons. i can do this. i'm american, damnit.

i hauled fifteen tons of booze, and what do i get? another day drunker and deeper in hangover. saint peter don't you call me because i'm kind of fighty

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

nutranurse posted:

i could get it if it were, like, an arid planet where youve got very little moisture whatsoever or something, but straight up desert all the way around? nah. just. nah

see also wookieworld and its everywhere jungles

Uh, Kashyyyk and it's world spanning forest of kilometers tall trees was the result of zero axial tilt and the genetic manipulations of the Infinite Empire. Please don't comment on the Star Wars Universe if you are unaware of basic lore.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive successfully got the computer booting again but now it throws kernel panics every half hour. so now im in safe mode, backing up the disk at 1mb/s. good poo poo op.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Uh, Kashyyyk and it's world spanning forest of kilometers tall trees was the result of zero axial tilt and the genetic manipulations of the Infinite Empire. Please don't comment on the Star Wars Universe if you are unaware of basic lore.

durr i'm Kyp Dipshit i killed like a billion people but hey luke said i was cool

directors behind the scene commentary: i somehow posted in the political cartoons thread lmao

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

is this the actual spelling

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

no

just

no

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

is this the actual spelling

the actual badguy in episode one was Darth Maul

don't question it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
at least time machine saves its progress during backups so even if i have to spend hte next 8 hours transferring data 20 minutes at a time between hard restarts, i will be able to save the data. and theyve gussied up safe mode since i last used it - im able to use bluetooth poo poo and browse the internet even. last time i did this, safe mode turned your computer into a sealed box.

small victories

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CoolCab posted:

i hauled fifteen tons of booze, and what do i get? another day drunker and deeper in hangover. saint peter don't you call me because i'm kind of fighty

a loose female acquaintance of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Hey, foreign policy types. You're locked in a room with an unreconstructed Wilsonian and the Kennan-iest realist that ever lived. You have a gun with one bullet left.

Whaddaya do?

• Locked thread