Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He was slow in the way Forrest Gump was slow. Good guy, but he was not remotely smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was slow in the way Forrest Gump was slow. Good guy, but he was not remotely smart.

A perfect sailor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I don't want to get into ASVAB dick waving again, but CS requires the lowest score in the navy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't want to get into ASVAB dick waving again, but CS requires the lowest score in the navy.

Technically the lowest ASVAB score in the Navy is Marine

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thread title

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Booblord Zagats posted:

Analogical posted:

Thread title

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thread title.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

:vince:

Analogical posted:

Thread title

Mr. Nice! posted:

There was an SK on the boat who I swear had some kind of downs syndrome or autism. If you listen to O&A, he talked exactly like BoBo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
HAHAHAHA

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/04/27/navy-crusier-lake-erie-john-banigan-relieved-command-climate/26481093/

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What does that even mean?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Is that Capt. T-Shirt?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

Is that Capt. T-Shirt?

Has to be

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Captain T-shirt :confused:

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Very little poo poo on the Internet makes me LOL, but I LOL'ed like a motherfucker. Thread. Title.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

Captain T-shirt :confused:

Before Mr. Nice got medically separated, he worked for a captain who wound up burning him for over a grand for DESRON T-shirts, by saying that he had never authorized the purchase, even though he told Mr. Nice to purchase the shirts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
No that's not the T-shirt commodore. That's just a former CO of mine when I was enlisted and he was kindof a dick to deal with when I was in Hawaii. He's part of the leadership team that caused multiple officers to mentally snap. One department head got removed from the ship after a breakdown. A former baby SWO I know got diagnosed with PTSD from dealing with him when he was XO waiting to fleet up. Just funny to me that he got sacked for having a toxic command.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

No that's not the T-shirt commodore. That's just a former CO of mine when I was enlisted and he was kindof a dick to deal with when I was in Hawaii. He's part of the leadership team that caused multiple officers to mentally snap. One department head got removed from the ship after a breakdown. A former baby SWO I know got diagnosed with PTSD from dealing with him when he was XO waiting to fleet up. Just funny to me that he got sacked for having a toxic command.
:vince:

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

orange juche posted:

Before Mr. Nice got medically separated, he worked for a captain who wound up burning him for over a grand for DESRON T-shirts, by saying that he had never authorized the purchase, even though he told Mr. Nice to purchase the shirts.

Oh snap, I remember that dude now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That guy is currently at a post major command tour doing whatever senior O-6s do for the three to four years they wait to see if they get a star or retire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Thanks N4I!

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Mr. Nice! posted:

That guy is currently at a post major command tour doing whatever senior O-6s do for the three to four years they wait to see if they get a star or retire.

mine plays golf.... lots of golf.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Booblord Zagats posted:

:thurman:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

Thanks N4I!

np, like I said, I laughed out loud when I saw it

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

And now the rest of the story. Although I am not sure this didn't get copied out of the Onion or something. And yes, this link has the word "goat" in it.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/04/30/navy-cruiser-lake-erie-goat-san-diego/26568241/

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Seqenenra posted:

And now the rest of the story. Although I am not sure this didn't get copied out of the Onion or something. And yes, this link has the word "goat" in it.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/04/30/navy-cruiser-lake-erie-goat-san-diego/26568241/

loving :lol:

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
god damnit, I liked the old thread title. proof things change as soon as a khaki complains.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Finished up my last course work for my Masters today. Now to have a month of leisure and a bit of travel before finally starting a post-active duty, real job in June. Thanks Uncle Sam for paying for it.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Seqenenra posted:

That goat is super cute, idgaf is someone disagrees with me.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
That goat is pretty happy looking. I like that while the CO was fired, the goat gets to keep his anchors.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Seqenenra posted:

Lmao a goat with more time at sea than my LPOs.

Congratulations on the Master's Nick!

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Finished up my last course work for my Masters today. Now to have a month of leisure and a bit of travel before finally starting a post-active duty, real job in June. Thanks Uncle Sam for paying for it.

Good to hear a success story. What job are you gonna start in June?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Pandasmores posted:

Lmao a goat with more time at sea than my LPOs.

Congratulations on the Master's Nick!

Howard Phillips posted:

Good to hear a success story. What job are you gonna start in June?

Thanks guys! I will be doing consulting work for a company that does SAP Human Capital Management module implementation. I think I surprised them when I said that I was looking forward to the travel to client sites. I haven't been able to travel as much the last three year, due mainly to budget issues, and that has made me a bit listless.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I can't help but feel we'd be a lot better off if we didn't just replace all Chiefs with actual goats

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

maffew buildings posted:

I can't help but feel we'd be a lot better off if we didn't just replace all Chiefs with actual goats

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

maffew buildings posted:

After seeing the way a lot of chiefs are today, I'd have to agree.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
man the base here on Coronado is like heaven compared to fuckin Dam Neck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
California better than Virginia?! Who would ever believe such madness.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Dam Neck front gate traffic is :lol: with the construction going on. It takes an hour to go 2 miles.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

DustyNuts posted:

Dam Neck front gate traffic is :lol: with the construction going on. It takes an hour to go 2 miles.

I hated that poo poo man. One day it was fine and then all of a sudden the entrance was hosed up and it was hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

The smart move is to drive and park nearby and ride a bicycle through the gate to work. Or stock up on audio books I guess.

• Locked thread