Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Real won. First time Sevilla has lost at home in 15 months and 36 matches. Definitely not a easy match for any team on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
See that? Ronaldo with three decisive goals against an extremly strong team while the tax-evading racist midget scored against a team doomed to relegation.

Ronaldo also has to deal with having Casillas, Ramos and Pepe behind him, which makes his performances even more impressive.

How can you not understand, Ronaldo is the player of the century.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Can't believe RM was awarded 3 penalties in a single game

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ronaldo carrying his mediocre team to another victory against one of the toughest teams in La Liga (which isn't saying much haha) and all the Barca fag boys disappear? Let's be real here, Ronaldo in that Barca team getting service from Suarez, Iniesta, Xavi etc would score 200 goals per season and fat Messi would be benched, and AIDS monkey Neymar wouldn't even have been bought which means Barca wouldn't be facing a trial for lying about his exorbitant price not only to the government but also to their loyal gay fans. Makes you think.

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

scoring 2 goals against 10 men is tough, i commend ronnie

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Ape Gone Insane posted:

scoring 2 goals against 10 men is tough, i commend ronnie

He's used to scoring against ten men every week

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Mean Bean Machine posted:

against one of the toughest teams in La Liga (which isn't saying much haha)

How is it not saying much when said team won the Europa league last season and will likely win it again this season? I mean they're one of the strongest teams in the best league in the world. Oh let me guess you're a stupid brit who buys that the EPL is OH MY GOD SO GREAT because your teams and media have the money and control and shape the way leagues are perceived in the english speaking media!

Typical white scumbag.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

How is it not saying much when said team won the Europa league last season and will likely win it again this season? I mean they're one of the strongest teams in the best league in the world. Oh let me guess you're a stupid brit who buys that the EPL is OH MY GOD SO GREAT because your teams and media have the money and control and shape the way leagues are perceived in the english speaking media!

Typical white scumbag.

:allears:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

PerpetualSelf posted:

Typical white scumbag.

He is

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The "best league in the world" does not feature games that finish 8-0
xoxo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

xoxo

Actually...

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

African AIDS cum posted:

xoxo

You're right, it features boring poo poo games between poo poo teams like Chelsea and Arsenal.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

African AIDS cum posted:

xoxo

Definitely does not. Hence Serie A is the best league in the world.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PerpetualSelf posted:

Hmm you seem insane but you're right.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Typical white scumbag.

Bit racist this.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

PerpetualSelf posted:

we got a joke getter in the building

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PerpetualSelf posted:

Typical white scumbag.

I love the brave boys of Sevilla as much as anyone, and heck, I've said so multiple times in this very thread. But nice meltdown.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

PerpetualSelf posted:

Typical white scumbag.

Completely unsurprised that a fan of a club that ran a presidential election campaign on 'I will drive the blacks out of catalunya' is a reactionary racist idiot.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
did someone mention racism? hello there

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

mackintosh posted:

did someone mention racism? hello there

Hello friend and member of the white legion (totally not racist honest)

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Byolante posted:

Hello friend and member of the white legion (totally not racist honest)

I always remember the white legion.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im eagerly awaiting the return of the indian super premier league or whatever it was called.

also, ronaldo the best, etc.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
I'm glad Barcelona will win the league, the copa del Rey and the champions league this year.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

finally watching the game and what a colossal mistake from emery, very unlike him. and the last 10 minutes were nuts, incredibly frustrating not to get something from the match

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

PerpetualSelf posted:

Typical white scumbag.

this but ironcially

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol the rfef has called for a general strike starting next weekend

http://www.marca.com/2015/05/06/futbol/1430936279.html

Spain is a joke

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
According to sky sports news all domestic games are suspended from 16 may including the cup final. Wtf I can't read Spanish

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Spain owns

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Sounds like someone is salty about the tv money. Our media are reporting the suspension now too.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The FA is suspending the league in part because they want more of the TV money to go directly to headquarters. Apparently the law says RFEF gets a 4.55% cut, and that's not enough.

The players' union was considering a strike too.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Are they mad because Real Madrid and Barcelona get too much money or because the other clubs might start getting more

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Olewithmilk posted:

Are they mad because Real Madrid and Barcelona get too much money or because the other clubs might start getting more
Who knows. Here's a little more on the players' union's complaints:

quote:

AS' reports on the possible strike points out that the Premier League's new broadcast deal diverts 1.5 percent of revenues to players, while the Liga arrangement gives them zero -- but does say that one percent of the total amount raised should go to athletes in other sports.

El Pais adds that AFE is also unhappy, with the tax authorities having recently targeted big-name players as part of a general crackdown in response to Spain's continuing economic woes.

So the players' union is unhappy because some of their members are getting caught not paying their taxes?

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

The FA is suspending the league in part because they want more of the TV money to go directly to headquarters. Apparently the law says RFEF gets a 4.55% cut, and that's not enough.

Why should they get any?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Now the LFP are saying there won't be any strike because the RFEF ruling is illegal

FIFA is going to get involved in this and gently caress it up with their poo poo rulings

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Now the LFP are saying there won't be any strike because the RFEF ruling is illegal

FIFA is going to get involved in this and gently caress it up with their poo poo rulings
They're going to threaten - or maybe "threaten" - to suspend Spain just like they did with Greece when their government had the gall to pass measures to curb football-related violence because the Greek FA was doing gently caress all about it.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm starting to think this is all a huge false flag operation by Real Madrid to stop Barca from winning the triplete

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

El Hefe posted:

I'm starting to think this is all a huge false flag operation by Real Madrid to stop Barca from winning the triplete

It's just a way to get time off for Barcelona before the Bayern game because Suarez keeps drinking the bloodbags.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Polidoro posted:

It's just a way to get time off for Barcelona before the Bayern game because Suarez keeps drinking the bloodbags.

lol

but the strike is for next weekend not this one

Marca says that if the strike goes ahead then the lost matchdays are lost and won't be played, meaning the league will end this weekend, but I doubt that RM and teams fighting for CL or relegation are going to let that happen.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Looks like Suarez is not as much of a piece of poo poo as he seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8JAj2pSqoA

(turn on the english subtitles if you need them)

Somehow I knew he was the kind of person who would murder the Spanish language saying poo poo like "me dijieron de que..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
That's really cool, Suarez seemed pretty natural about it too even if the kid obviously knew what what's going to happen.

• Locked thread