Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fluffdaddy posted:

In a twist of irony, Penn Stare fans are ruining people's weekend.

Joe Pa is turning in his grave!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm so dang hyped for Terry Beckner Jr

SAME

Imagine Kuligowski having three years to mold him, instead of the only two he had with Sheldon Richardson.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sash! posted:

Did no one's quarterbacks graduate this season? I swear there was like four total

It's more that they all sucked

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sash! posted:

Did no one's quarterbacks graduate this season? I swear there was like four total

Rams got Oregon State's QB.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sash! posted:

There were only about two/four QBs who anybody liked, depending on who you asked. Winston, Mariota, Mannion, Petty, and Hundley IIRC.

Edit: Antwan Goodley as a UDFA to the Cowboys! Bitchin'! Really hope he can hold down a spot there. Having him and Terrance Williams both catching balls for the Cowboys would be pretty cool.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 3, 2015

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA had 5 drafted and 2 so far picked up as FA. Gurley went round 1 #10 which I was happy for, Chris Conley went 3rd round which I was very happy for (a lot of places had him like 4-5th round), Ramik Wilson in the 4th, Swann in the 5th, and Herrera in the 6th. I was glad to see both Ray Drew and David Andrews get picked up because both have been great at their positions, especially Andrews.

I honestly see Mason playing in the CFL or with some arena league somewhere if he doesn't end up trying to pick up a coaching gig. He is a smart kid, just noodle arm.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Mason loving sucked and I hope he ends up selling insurance.

Toby Johnson got a UDFA signing and I had to look him up to remember who he was.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Mason loving sucked and I hope he ends up selling insurance.

Toby Johnson got a UDFA signing and I had to look him up to remember who he was.

Defensive end, also :lol: :lol: :lol: at the fact that this is the first time in 63 years where Tennessee didn't get a player signed in the draft. Thanks Dooley.

How long can we keep laughing at Dooley?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT had 3 drafted. Smelter and Mason both went quicker than expected. Waller was expected to be taken before Smelter by most, but wasn't. This year's WR class was really stacked so getting two of them drafted is pretty impressive, I think.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I was at work with a lovely internet connection all day.

Damian Swann got drafted? Damian Swann?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I was at work with a lovely internet connection all day.

Damian Swann got drafted? Damian Swann?

2013 Swann and 2014 Swann might as well be different people with the exception that he still gives too much of a bubble at times., but he has great blitz timing and is a ball hawk I think with the right coaching, he'll be a really great player.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Rams drafted Bud Sasser which is nice. I hope he can make the squad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Rams drafted Bud Sasser which is nice. I hope he can make the squad.

Jimmie Hunt got picked up by Green Bay as a UDFA too, which seems like a nice place for him if he figures out how hands work.

He won't, but if he did you know.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

sooo Will Muschamp had 6 players on offense drafted.

God he's great :allears:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

pillsburysoldier posted:

sooo Will Muschamp had 6 players on offense drafted.

God he's great :allears:

How could you expect anything less than greatness from an offense that dropped 65 points on MAC powerhouse Eastern Michigan, or a defense that held division-leading Missouri to 119 yards?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Jeff Driskel was secretly sent as part of an experiment in how badly a quarterback could damage an NFL team

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm pretty stoked Cameron Artis-Payne got picked up (let alone by the Panthers :getin: ). He was a solid player for Auburn the last two years and fans poo poo on him way more than he deserved. Hope he has a successful career. The Panthers seem like a good organization to go to or, at the very least, it isn't a total shitshow like the Browns. Coates going to the Steelers is cool. Dismukes went to the Steelers as an UDFA. Wright and Blackson being picked up kinda surprised me, but I definitely hope they do well. Marshall going to the Jags as a DB was pretty much what I expected.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
browns stole mayle. two cougs are going to cleveland to die :smith:

then i was sad when halliday wasn't drafted, and the final gutpunch was getting picked up by loving washington as an udfa :smithicide:

literally send him anywhere else even loving pittsburgh or SF god damnit

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Halliday is really lucky somebody was interested in signing him.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Raku posted:

Halliday is really lucky somebody was interested in signing him.

I get that, but at the same time, it's like the universe just conspired to constantly poo poo on this dude. I hope he can at least be on the practice squad for a couple seasons or be a journeyman backup or something.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wheez the roux posted:

browns stole mayle. two cougs are going to cleveland to die :smith:

then i was sad when halliday wasn't drafted, and the final gutpunch was getting picked up by loving washington as an udfa :smithicide:

literally send him anywhere else even loving pittsburgh or SF god damnit

halliday will be the savior of the potatoskins

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Morby posted:

it's like the universe just conspired to constantly poo poo on [us]

wazzu in a nutshell

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Lasagna Pilot posted:

The Canes team that went 6-7 in the ACC Coastal already has 7 players drafted, 5 early round.

Worst coaching staff in the country.

woah woah woah. Al golden might be trying to fix it. Not sure if it's faked or not, but people are claiming he posted this before deleting it. Not just canes fans finding it:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Halliday needed to get picked up by a contender with a solid playing surface QB that he could learn under.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Halliday is going to turn into a franchise quarterback for someone

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
And that someone is in the Arena League 2

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm glad Michigan Man Jim Harbaugh congratulated Michigan Man Frank Clark on being drafted.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm glad Michigan Man Jim Harbaugh congratulated Michigan Man Frank Clark on being drafted.

Hey man, if Pete Carroll says his story checked out, I believe him. He already unlocked the conspiracy of 9-11, why not this one too?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Let us all also boo the Jacksonville Jaguars for letting Notre Dame get a player drafted.

Boooooooooo

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm really happy for our drafted/UDFA guys. We really didn't have much NFL-caliber talent that was eligible for 2015, but still had three guys drafted and a couple more have been picked up as UDFAs (including Dylan Thompson, which is a surprise). San Francisco has a huge hard-on for our players -- Mike Davis and Busta Anderson will join Bruce Ellington as 49ers, while Thompson is one of their UDFAs.

Also, with 104 players drafted, Spurrier has the most of any active coach.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Cowboys traded back into the draft after their last pick to get Geoff Swaim, a Texas tight end I was barely aware of who has 84 career receiving yards. Sooooo maybe 7 rounds is too many rounds.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A lot of NFL players on underperforming teams

quote:

How unusual is it for a college team to finish below .500, as UM did last season, and then have at least seven players drafted months later, as Miami did?

I studied the previous 11 drafts (entering this one) and found no team with that many draft picks that finished with a losing record the previous year.

Over those 11 drafts coming into this one, 48 teams had at least seven players selected in a single draft. Of those 48 teams, 33 won at least 10 games the previous season.

Only two of those 48 teams won fewer than eight games the previous year --- coincidentally, UM, which went 7-6 under Randy Shannon in 2010, then had eight draft picks in 2011. Also, South Carolina, which went 7-6 in 2008 and then had nine picks.

And now UM has seven players picked after going 6-7. Amazing.

By the way, the Gators, who went 7-5 last season, had eight players drafted today. Remember, UF had one game canceled for weather reasons last season.

And this will make blood boil further for Canes fans: McShay said “if used properly,” defensive end Anthony Chickillo, the seventh Cane picked today (by Pittsburgh in the sixth round), “will be a much better player in the pros than college.”

OL Ian Silbermann transferred to BC from UF so you could say they had 9 players. Washington had 4 players on defense in like the top 50 and they were pretty bad at defense

Raku posted:

Jeff Driskel was secretly sent as part of an experiment in how badly a quarterback could damage an NFL team

SCENE
Will Muschamp walks into a shadowy circular room and stands in the center. Flood lights illuminate his position. TV screens line the walls, shadowy men in NFL team logo-ed suits, with their faces obscured, sit intently

BUCS MAN: You wished to speak with us, Will.

Muschamp, wearing a gators pajamas onesie: Gentlemen, I can't keep doing this.

JETS MAN: Doing what?

Muschamp: I can't keep sending Driskel out there. Jeff's a good kid, and the rest of th-

TITANS MAN: WE NEED MORE DATA.

PATS MAN giggles

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 3, 2015

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Historically, Oregon's draft day was very good, but it could have been so much better. Mariota should have gone No. 1 overall and probably would have if any team other than TB was picking. Jake Fisher should have been a first-rounder. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu should not have been available on Saturday, let alone in round loving 7. At least two other players should've been picked. NFL teams obviously don't care for what Oregon does (see debates over Mariota) but it's disappointing to the extent that they discount production.

Oregon State got five players drafted but I'm not sure if any of them get above the practice squad in their first season. Rams fans are going to loving HATE Sean Mannion.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Hey man, if Pete Carroll says his story checked out, I believe him. He already unlocked the conspiracy of 9-11, why not this one too?

Someone fell down mysteriously, and Frank is asking questions.

You know what else fell down mysteriously

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Oregon State got five players drafted but I'm not sure if any of them get above the practice squad in their first season. Rams fans are going to loving HATE Sean Mannion.

Hopefully I won't see him play for a few years, also the team might be gone so I won't care anymore

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT got 2 guys drafted. Nothing much except they kept their draft streak(22 years) alive and have put 20 DBs into the draft since 2000.

Next year should be big for VT with Kendall Fuller being a first round lock and Bucky Hodges potentially coming out as well as some DL. Should probably show nicely over the first 2 days.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

VT got 2 guys drafted. Nothing much except they kept their draft streak(22 years) alive

I wonder how many weird streaks there are like that. I mean that doesn't really surprise me about Virginia Tech but I just looked it up and Missouri had a streak from 1970-1996. Which seems to suggests that quality of the team doesn't mean a whole lot for that type of thing since they were poo poo for at least a full decade in there.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

On 247 and everything, but how about that time that ex UGA and now current L'ville DC Todd Grantham accidently tweeted out a screenshot of all the people in the state of Georgia that he is targeting. Anything and everything that Grantham can do to look like a moron is A-OK in my book!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder how many weird streaks there are like that. I mean that doesn't really surprise me about Virginia Tech but I just looked it up and Missouri had a streak from 1970-1996. Which seems to suggests that quality of the team doesn't mean a whole lot for that type of thing since they were poo poo for at least a full decade in there.

Tennessee had one that was like 50+ years old(I think?) that just got broken. Yea, program quality has little to do with it and it's not that hard to get a guy drafted each year as a P5 program if you're either successful or live near a talent-laden area. LSU could go on a 20 year sub-.500 streak and never have a problem putting a guy from Louisiana into the draft each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
After watching some Green-Beckham footage, I have to ask who is the lovely qb who couldn't hit him in stride?

• Locked thread