Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Anyone know of any good Risk of Rain players on Youtube? I recently picked up the game and wanna learn how to play better in the same vein of Beaglerush playing X-Com or Xaiter breaking Binding of Issac over his knee.

I couldn't recommend you any videos, but I can tell you the best way to play better is to always be jumping, and play as either the commando or, preferably, the Huntress :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

dancingbears posted:

ChorpSaway just started a double feature LP of Drake of the 99 Dragons and (disguised as the 'cut' version) Drake and Josh on GBA. Holy loving poo poo, what buggy, ridiculous, unplayable, awful garbage. Drake of the 99 Dragons features some fourteen year old's badass undead assassin OC (don't steal!) constantly breaking his arms trying to aim at things and frequently finding himself and others trapped in corners. Drake and Josh is based off a Disney preteen sitcom and features the protagonist using women to solve puzzles for him in a school the size of a city. They're both completely amazing and you should be watching them.

If you like this LP, you should watch ChorpS' LP of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 which just wrapped up here. I know you just read that last sentence and said "Naruto? gently caress off, man", but the commentary really does make the LP great, especially when the game starts having big plot holes and the writing starts really going down the shitter near the end.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Anyone know of any good Risk of Rain players on Youtube? I recently picked up the game and wanna learn how to play better in the same vein of Beaglerush playing X-Com or Xaiter breaking Binding of Issac over his knee.

Check out Best Friend Skull, he did an LP of the game and is pretty great at it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Teledahn posted:

Check out Best Friend Skull, he did an LP of the game and is pretty great at it.

I don't think he ever finished it. I just remember his thread being mysteriously locked all of a sudden and BFS banned. His rap sheet didn't exactly imply ~hilarious~ goon hijinx leading to the ban which put a foul aftertaste in my mouth, having watched his videos. Not that you shouldn't be able to still enjoy his videos, which were probably the best LP videos of the game, it's just that I'm having a hard time.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That's correct, he didn't finish it. The videos he did post were great, including an extended interview with the composer for one of them. He got perma'd for some creepy poo poo he said in some other thread, had a meltdown on Twitter, and abandoned socializing with anyone.

So yeah, what exists of his LP is really good, but it's woefully incomplete.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Does anyone have a link to the Summer Spooktacular thread from a couple of years ago? Or the indie horror games thread? I've kinda wanted to go back and revisit those.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Here's Summer Spooktakular!
Man, Ao Oni and whoever modded it to play Entrance of the Gladiators was great.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Koboje's 'X-Com - Apocalypse' LP has just wrapped up and it's been pretty much one of the few LP's lately that has kept my interest from start to end. It's a pretty chill play through for a game with a lot of action and it's played with some strict rules in terms of succeeding which nearly brought the LP to it's knees. The wanton disregard for people's lives amused me greatly too.

Linkage to said paragraph

azren
Feb 14, 2011

HGH posted:

Here's Summer Spooktakular!
Man, Ao Oni and whoever modded it to play Entrance of the Gladiators was great.

Thanks for the link! I loved that thread.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008
I think the first horror VLP I ever watched was Penumbra a couple years ago and now I've been hooked since. I've run through Kamoc's streams and Voidburger's Silent Hill LPs and I'm hungry for more. I don't care if it's creeping-suspense horror or high-tension jumpy scares, subtitled or voice commentary, I love it all. Point me to your fave horror game LPs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

my dog boyfriend!! posted:

I think the first horror VLP I ever watched was Penumbra a couple years ago and now I've been hooked since. I've run through Kamoc's streams and Voidburger's Silent Hill LPs and I'm hungry for more. I don't care if it's creeping-suspense horror or high-tension jumpy scares, subtitled or voice commentary, I love it all. Point me to your fave horror game LPs.

Niggurath's done some pretty cool horror game LPs, but my favorites of his are: http://lparchive.org/Rule-of-Rose/ (actually scary and disturbing) and http://lparchive.org/Michigan-Report-from-Hell/ (more weird than scary).

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

DumbRodent's LP of Outlast was extremely awesome. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638962

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Haha Kamoc did a great multi-part stream of Outlast and its sequel with Voidburger and I think ChipCheezum and KC Green (and/or maybe someone else) and they were a lot of fun. I like Kamoc's streams a lot because he usually has several co-commentators so every vid is like a little party of friends :shobon:

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Niggurath's done some pretty cool horror game LPs, but my favorites of his are: http://lparchive.org/Rule-of-Rose/ (actually scary and disturbing) and http://lparchive.org/Michigan-Report-from-Hell/ (more weird than scary).

Thanks, I'd heard of Rule of Rose before but don't know anything about it. Definitely gonna watch this one while I stuff 200 envelopes for work today.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Definitely gonna watch this one while I stuff 200 envelopes for work today.
Anthrax? Rule of Rose will be a perfect side activity.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

I always quite enjoyed Blister's LP of Cyrostasis: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/20 , or even though it's a flawed game itself, davidpackage's LP of Amnesia 2: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmx3QdwtLxu20Nd_Xtm5xKfDA7VydUzWX

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Niggurath posted:

I always quite enjoyed Blister's LP of Cyrostasis: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/20 , or even though it's a flawed game itself,
For an entirely different brand of horror, you could try Khad's take on that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

For an entirely different brand of horror, you could try Khad's take on that.
You could say that about any of Khad's LP's ;)

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

StrixNebulosa posted:

On the topic of horror games, I really liked the Harvester and Sweet Home LPs. Is there anything more in that vein? Older, possibly forgotten horror games?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

TopherCStone posted:

On the topic of horror games, I really liked the Harvester and Sweet Home LPs. Is there anything more in that vein? Older, possibly forgotten horror games?
While not exactly forgotten, the Phantasmagoria 2 LP was pretty good and bizarre: http://lparchive.org/Phantasmagoria-2/

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Niggurath posted:

I always quite enjoyed Blister's LP of Cyrostasis: http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/20

I haven't even clicked play on the first video and I'm already sold:

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

Niggurath posted:

While not exactly forgotten, the Phantasmagoria 2 LP was pretty good and bizarre: http://lparchive.org/Phantasmagoria-2/

I'm worried that it might be too cheesy for me to enjoy, but I'll give it a shot thanks

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

TopherCStone posted:

I'm worried that it might be too cheesy for me to enjoy, but I'll give it a shot thanks
It's nowhere near as cheesy or goofy as the first Phantasmagoria; granted it's pretty dated, but it had a positive homosexual character, some pretty graphic violence, and some incredibly awkward sex scenes. If anything, the pacing of the game is a bit poo poo at times but davidspackage works well enough with it.

I'd want to recommend Ripper: http://lparchive.org/Ripper/ as well but that one ended up being pretty cheesy. I just saw Harvester and figured you might be fine with some level of cheese.

I haven't even clicked play on the first video and I'm already sold:

Blister was always a pretty weird guy; I still remember when he green screened himself in the nude for the L4D LP. But Cryostasis was him being as straight as I ever saw him, which also reminds me he did the Blair Witch Project games as well...but those were a train wreck.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

Niggurath posted:

I'd want to recommend Ripper: http://lparchive.org/Ripper/ as well but that one ended up being pretty cheesy. I just saw Harvester and figured you might be fine with some level of cheese.

I'll try that one out too. I can take some cheese, but for whatever reason FMV games get a 10x cheese multiplier in my mind.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Niggurath posted:

It's nowhere near as cheesy or goofy as the first Phantasmagoria; granted it's pretty dated, but it had a positive homosexual character, some pretty graphic violence, and some incredibly awkward sex scenes. If anything, the pacing of the game is a bit poo poo at times but davidspackage works well enough with it.

Blister was always a pretty weird guy; I still remember when he green screened himself in the nude for the L4D LP. But Cryostasis was him being as straight as I ever saw him, which also reminds me he did the Blair Witch Project games as well...but those were a train wreck.

I still remember the fallout from his appearance in Faceguy's Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door LP.

So much blood.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I still remember the fallout from his appearance in Faceguy's Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door LP.

So much blood.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Finished Rule of Rose yesterday and idek what happened there but it was good. Niggurath's commentary on Michigan so far has much more editorializing/silliness than I'm used to in his horror LPs, rather than the usual straight narration or explanation, and it's a pretty fun change of pace with that relaxed NPR radio host tone. Plus I didn't realize this was a Suda51 game so it all goes well together.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Finished Rule of Rose yesterday and idek what happened there but it was good. Niggurath's commentary on Michigan so far has much more editorializing/silliness than I'm used to in his horror LPs, rather than the usual straight narration or explanation, and it's a pretty fun change of pace with that relaxed NPR radio host tone. Plus I didn't realize this was a Suda51 game so it all goes well together.
I kinda misinterpreted it when I did the LP, but the ending is basically while the orphanage was a horrible experience in the end for Jennifer, she was the only person left who cared about the fact of all these poor children that died and if she had continued to block out the memory then all those lives would be forever lost to the abyss of time. I had thought originally it was about letting go, and letting the past rest but she was the only one left to remember. Everyone else only remembered the tragic balloon accident. I feel bad in retrospect having totally missed that being the meaning of the ending, but honestly that game depressed the poo poo out of me and I have no qualms with saying I was choking back tears with some of those updates.

And Michigan was a fun train wreck to do; it's nice to have a change of pace from having your soul destroyed sometimes.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Niggurath posted:

I kinda misinterpreted it when I did the LP, but the ending is basically while the orphanage was a horrible experience in the end for Jennifer, she was the only person left who cared about the fact of all these poor children that died and if she had continued to block out the memory then all those lives would be forever lost to the abyss of time. I had thought originally it was about letting go, and letting the past rest but she was the only one left to remember. Everyone else only remembered the tragic balloon accident. I feel bad in retrospect having totally missed that being the meaning of the ending, but honestly that game depressed the poo poo out of me and I have no qualms with saying I was choking back tears with some of those updates.

And Michigan was a fun train wreck to do; it's nice to have a change of pace from having your soul destroyed sometimes.

That game really was wildly depressing and strange. Given its limitations I think it was really well done overall (holy cow, that soundtrack!)

As for Michigan I really am so used to hearing your matter-of-fact style of commentary that hearing comments like "Messing with an angry woman is like poking a rhinoceros in the butthole: pretty sexy." just completely throws me for a loop. Goofy games need goofy commentary and this fits perfectly, even when it's wildly off-topic.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Niggurath posted:

Have you thought of doing PS2 Ghosthunter for therapy?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
do cursed mountain

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Not sure if it fits your definition of horror, but I've been enjoying CJacobs' ongoing LP of Resident Evil Revelations 2. He's pretty nonchalant with his commentary, so if you're looking for SCARY STUFF it might not be your cup of tea. Personally I think his commentary style goes well with all the silliness of an RE game.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Can anyon recommend a good lp to read/watch for comedy? The only LP I have ever really enjoyed are boatmurder dwarf fortress and the animal Crossing evil Tom nook one. I guess neighbor are actually an LP but anything that is humorous should be a good start.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

goodness posted:

Can anyon recommend a good lp to read/watch for comedy? The only LP I have ever really enjoyed are boatmurder dwarf fortress and the animal Crossing evil Tom nook one. I guess neighbor are actually an LP but anything that is humorous should be a good start.

Anything by The Dark Id is guaranteed hilarious:

Dirge of Cerberus
Xenogears
Drakengard
Drakengard 2
Drakengard 3 (currently in progress)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

goodness posted:

I really enjoyed chewbot's Oregon Trail LP

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

goodness posted:

watch Kaubocks and Panzer Skank drunkenly wrestling with Saints Row 2

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

goodness posted:

Dead to Rights: Retribution played by Slowbeef and Diabetus

Blue Stinger played by OatmealRaisin and Panzer Skank (thread)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
My favorite in that regard is helloitsdan and lithuanian dad's misadventures in blowing up South America.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I very nearly blindly recommended this one after reading goodness's post, but then I stopped and thought "maybe someone else already suggested the best LP to ever exist" and sure enough....

Anyway, seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

goodness posted:

The one that I keep coming back to when I need a good laugh is Chip and Ironicus' 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.