Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty sure new episodes are still coming out throughout the rest of the month.

Last episode was neat, nice seeing Tyler showing some character. Finding energems/zords is a pretty fine goal for the team to have, makes them pretty proactive.

This was the last episode til September. Stupid hiatus.

Executive Producer Chip Lynn posted:

ABOUT THE HIATUS... FROM CHIP LYNN

Look at it this way... there are only 20 episodes per year, and 52 weeks in a year. So, no matter what, you're going to have to take a break.

You could watch the entire season, 20 weeks in a row, and then wait 32 weeks for the next season. Ooooor...

...you could watch 8 episodes, then get to imagine what might be coming next for several months, and then get to watch 12 more episodes to see if you were right. And then, just a couple of months later, an entirely new season begins!

I know that we all like things right here right now, but as the saying goes, "good things come to those who wait." So, please don't give up on us, just have a great spring and summer, and then join us again for more adventure. We've been working really hard to make this season unlike any other, and I'd hate for you to miss out. (And that's not just a line, we really are trying to make it fresh and new!!!) Thanks! Chip

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SilentChaz posted:

This was the last episode til September. Stupid hiatus.

Nickelodeon is the worst

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goddammit, Nick.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
At least it's not scheduled like Gravity Falls.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MisterBibs posted:

So, is Podcasters with Attitude defunct, or something? The last episode on the wordpress site is 338 (last episode of Lost Galaxy) and the podcast still throws back error messages on my podcasting app.

What program are you using BTW? Mine can't even find it at all anymore, even the old episodes.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Decided to marathon the new series with a friend since I've been hearing good things about it. At some point he ended up screaming "SON OF A gently caress!" in a dead-on impression of Fury's voice and it made me realize that Power Rangers would be ten times better as an obscenity-riddled Sentai parody.

Still a great season thus far, though. This team is worryingly competent.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

What program are you using BTW? Mine can't even find it at all anymore, even the old episodes.

Podcast Addict. I never deleted the podcast, so I imagine if I deleted it it'd be gone.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

MisterBibs posted:

Podcast Addict. I never deleted the podcast, so I imagine if I deleted it it'd be gone.

Yeah I lost it when I changed phones.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Crossposting from the Toku thread:

Anyone know of a good replacement for a morpher toy wrist strap? I can barely fit the Morphin Brace strap around my not-a-Japanese-child wrist and would love to have something bigger for cosplaying. Ebay is turning up replacement straps identical to the one that shipped with the toy, but I was thinking maybe something longer and perhaps leather?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Uh so

Everybody buy Chroma Squad on Steam. It is absolutely magical.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SKY COQ posted:

Uh so

I don't wanna buy it until I think of a fun team idea.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

SKY COQ posted:

Uh so

Is this the one that Saban leaned on a while back?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MisterBibs posted:

Is this the one that Saban leaned on a while back?

Yes. However, maybe wait a couple days until the first patch hits because there's a couple potentially game-breaking bugs.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

You can tell Saban leaned on it because everything about it screams Sentai, but the cover art has "inspired by SABAN'S POWER RANGERS TM" plastered on

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tempo 119 posted:

You can tell Saban leaned on it because everything about it screams Sentai, but the cover art has "inspired by SABAN'S POWER RANGERS TM" plastered on

It's just magical that they made the "inspired by power rangers" credit in a font that is nearly invisible against the title screen background half the time.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Tempo 119 posted:

To be fair, there are a few things it does that seem more PR than sentai, but I severely doubt that the choice to make the blowhard that has the team quit and make their own studio to begin with was always named Mi Ah.

Probably the thing I've noticed most in my play through is that sometimes, numbers just won't update properly. Whether its your salary (ie, it sometimes claims I'm starting with 0 rather than the several thousand I just made), or the weapons you're trying to compare (as in I've bought the team some equipment, and then I'm offered the chance to buy it and somehow still raise their stats again, if the game were to be believed). I've powered through all the same to season 5, but it certainly hasn't helped with trying to work on my team's build. Thankfully, studio upgrades are universal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Astro Nut posted:

To be fair, there are a few things it does that seem more PR than sentai, but I severely doubt that the choice to make the blowhard that has the team quit and make their own studio to begin with was always named Mi Ah.

Oh god, I didn't catch that joke until this post. JFC that's a sick burn.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

jivjov posted:

Oh god, I didn't catch that joke until this post. JFC that's a sick burn.

There are a tonne of shout outs and choice names in this game, some more meaningful than others. In Mi Ah's case, note how a lot of the criticisms can be applied to Saban 2.0

Also, if you want to take screenshots, it looks like you'll have to use Steam's own system, since I've tried others and just gotten the desktop behind it. Regardless, after all that, I humbly present the best (name for a) monster in the game:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

And after he destroys you, next is Russia.

Not making this up, that's what he says when he grows.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Testekill posted:

And after he destroys you, next is Russia.

Not making this up, that's what he says when he grows.

Unwittingly sealing his fate, the poor fool.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

But seriously Chroma Squad (or Indie Sentai Chroma Squad which should be the full title) loving owns, it's the video game equivalent to Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger. Maybe give it a week or two before you pick it up so they can iron out some of the bugs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The other toku thread has been talking about it so much that I actually forgot that no one mentioned it here yet.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Testekill posted:

But seriously Chroma Squad (or Indie Sentai Chroma Squad which should be the full title) loving owns, it's the video game equivalent to Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger. Maybe give it a week or two before you pick it up so they can iron out some of the bugs.

How bad are the bugs ? Planning on picking it up.

Halfway through Dino Thunder and I hate all the stock music they use.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How bad are the bugs ? Planning on picking it up.

Bugs apparently are that some of the Director's instructions (Major boost to audience) are bugged. Biggest bug is apparently late game (not that far into the game) and the Mecha bug (it doesn't correctly equip the right parts).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly having gotten fairly far in it, the bugs aren't that bad and they're not universal. I think the mecha one happened to me once, but it was an easy fix.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

Honestly having gotten fairly far in it, the bugs aren't that bad and they're not universal. I think the mecha one happened to me once, but it was an easy fix.

What was the fix, is it something else besides upgrading the part you want at its highest tier?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

What was the fix, is it something else besides upgrading the part you want at its highest tier?

Nah, for me at least, you just gotta futz with it and reselect what you want. Might have to do it more than once, but it's more just an annoyance.

I DID straight up have to restart the season 3 finale though. At a certain point when the Lead was the only one standing, the cut scene straight up refused to do anything else and the camera went to the side, so I had to redo the episode. The game didn't freeze, but the cut scene just...stopped

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Astro Nut posted:

I spent a long while not getting it until just now that I tried reading it backwards. That's loving glorious.

Most I'm dealing with is that any auto-save brings the game to a full stop for a good two seconds or so and I keep worrying that it's crashing, also episodes never end up telling me how much money I made last time, always says 0 there and the audience is 50/50 on whether it'll tell me or show 0. Gonna wait for a patch before doing the season 3 finale then, I'm at S3E3 and can wait a bit.

The game is tons of fun, though a bit too many memes and just got who I assume is a kickstarter backer character to help on a mission who was too obviously a backer. The other two helpers were way cooler.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
They really use the "a kickstarter backer shows up to help during the mission" thing way too many times.

Though it's kind of all made worth it by the Gravel Monster mission in Season 4.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is this coming to any consoles?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Poison Mushroom posted:

They really use the "a kickstarter backer shows up to help during the mission" thing way too many times.

I think every single one has been some variation of balding/bearded fat guy who talks about their interests and hobbies to save the day.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Raserys posted:

I think every single one has been some variation of balding/bearded fat guy who talks about their interests and hobbies to save the day.

At least the Galax-Silver dude tried.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Shaezerus posted:

At least the Galax-Silver dude tried.

I would have been way happier if every one of those guys was another "I'm the 6th Ranger of some other sentai" the way Galax-Silver was. I don't wanna have a crossover battle with some shmuck and his Math-Axe.

Also, who was that guy in the third season who shows up and revives the party after the TV monster fucks everybody up on the rooftop?
Was that a reference I didn't get, or was it just another kickstarter backer? :confused:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

greatn posted:

Is this coming to any consoles?

I think it's coming to PS4/Vita later in the year.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My Chroma Squad is inadvertently pretty drat progressive in terms of casting for PR:

- Lead by a black woman (Color: Red)
- Second in command (Assault) is a unconventional-looking white woman (green hair) (Color: Green)
- Black dude as the Tech-Head (Color: Blue)
- White woman as the healer (Color: White)
- Asian man as the nimble, acrobatic scout (Color: Silver)

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MisterBibs posted:

My Chroma Squad is inadvertently pretty drat progressive in terms of casting for PR:

- Second in command (Assault) is a unconventional-looking white woman (green hair) (Color: Green)

This is almost the same as my party, with some roles switched around. My leader is also the black lady.

Progressive sentai :hf:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

Progressive sentai :hf:

Honestly, I think that's going to happen just because of how finite the amount of actors there are, if you're min-maxing at all. "Guy with the best tech abilities? Put him in the tech role!"

Not going to lie, it kinda bugs me that almost every character is a pastiche of some famous actor or character. PR actors (generally) start out as nobodies and end their PR careers in the same way.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

MisterBibs posted:

We have almost the exact same layout except my second in command is an Hispanic or Asian woman and the Asian dude is the black ranger.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Not going to lie, it kinda bugs me that almost every character is a pastiche of some famous actor or character. PR actors (generally) start out as nobodies and end their PR careers in the same way.

The game is more based on Sentai, and Sentai actors have a history of moving on to very mainstream and popular things. The game thinks japanese conventions have Mazinger Z and Big One statues at their front entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Tae posted:

The game thinks japanese conventions have Mazinger Z and Big One statues at their front entrance.

Why the hell wouldn't they?