Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's really hard to check a broadcast to see if it's got any remotely relevant information to me, and then go to another tab or resume playing eve or not eve. I've been playing again roughly since the h1z1 announcement and the broadcasts haven't bothered me so ya'll are babies i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vyst posted:

Also h1z1 should be opt all but because it's a part of mittens master plan you'll never see one on opt. That's just the price you pay for having him at the helm. Either get off jabber or deal with it. Ironically it's mostly the idiots that don't even go on fleet warfare or are not even subscribed to eve. Protip: nobody cares about you

javajunky: one of the good ones

hemophilia posted:

it's really hard to check a broadcast to see if it's got any remotely relevant information to me, and then go to another tab or resume playing eve or not eve. I've been playing again roughly since the h1z1 announcement and the broadcasts haven't bothered me so ya'll are babies i think.

Yeah it's not that bad, but I'm also not on jabber 24/7. If I was using it on a mobile device I guess I'd be salty though.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Ironically it's mostly the idiots that don't even go on fleet warfare or are not even subscribed to eve.

I have no idea why you think that. All of the people that I've talked to that are annoyed by this are actively subbed and do fleet stuff (just not POS shots).

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

vyst posted:

Either get off jabber or deal with it.
People who always complain about directorbot spam seem like they'd be best served by just locally blocking / muting directorbot. If you're chatting about dota in sgbs and something earth-shattering happens it'll probably get mentioned.

Or switch to bitlbee and use a better chat program than pidgin or instantbird. IRC clients can handle this stuff so much better. Finding out about bitlbee on the goonwiki was amazing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My time on PL IRC has taught me that no matter what program you use, people will still find a way to annoy you with their pings.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Klyith posted:

People who always complain about directorbot spam seem like they'd be best served by just locally blocking / muting directorbot. If you're chatting about dota in sgbs and something earth-shattering happens it'll probably get mentioned.

Or switch to bitlbee and use a better chat program than pidgin or instantbird. IRC clients can handle this stuff so much better. Finding out about bitlbee on the goonwiki was amazing.

I don't even have jabber sounds on. Therefore all I see is a little blink in the taskbar when there's a ping. It's something only someone with nuclear strength aspergers would really get up in arms over. Don't get me wrong I hate the H1Z1 ping spam, but like most things I'm sure I'll survive just fine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

vyst posted:

I don't even have jabber sounds on. Therefore all I see is a little blink in the taskbar when there's a ping. It's something only someone with nuclear strength aspergers would really get up in arms over. Don't get me wrong I hate the H1Z1 ping spam, but like most things I'm sure I'll survive just fine.

I don't think anyone is quitting about it or dying.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vyst posted:

But you don't know 100% for sure that you'll survive? :ohdear:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I said come in! posted:

But you don't know 100% for sure that you'll survive? :ohdear:

Vyst is the holder of the string to the GoonWaffe sack. He will endure.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Zephyrine posted:

Vyst is the holder of the string to the GoonWaffe sack. He will endure.

And we're all better for it to be sure,

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Oh no some dudes are making my pidgin blink

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
If I didn't send the ping it's most likely that I couldn't care less about it. Benefits of only playing when you lead a fleet.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Jabber ping spam sucks, h1z1 sucks.

:thumbsup:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Disabling Jabber sounds is SUCH a chore, ugh.

I'm playing H1Z1 and not even doing it as part of the invasion. I couldn't care much less about the invasion, or the pings. I'm having fun with the game and the idea on its own is sound enough, but I really wish Mittens would be a little more transparent about the terms of Smedley's pretty obvious bribery to get people to play his game (did Mittani get a cut of some Daybreak Russian mafia money)

Drone fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 3, 2015

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

smertrioslol posted:

If I didn't send the ping it's most likely that I couldn't care less about it. Benefits of only playing when you lead a fleet.
You can't even ping your squad nerd

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So did Razor make an uh-oh?

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So did Razor make an uh-oh?

So far as I know, Sov is being transferred to EXE because they're abandoning Cloud Ring.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

Jabber ping spam sucks, h1z1 sucks.

:thumbsup:

Holy poo poo it's like disabling opt-all isn't a thing, quit being whiny and disable it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Drone posted:

I'm playing H1Z1 and not even doing it as part of the invasion. I couldn't care much less about the invasion, or the pings. I'm having fun with the game and the idea on its own is sound enough, but I really wish Mittens would be a little more transparent about the terms of Smedley's pretty obvious bribery to get people to play his game (did Mittani get a cut of some Daybreak Russian mafia money)

we're a (mostly) benevolent space dictatorship

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

isn't that all of it?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

vyst posted:

I don't even have jabber sounds on. Therefore all I see is a little blink in the taskbar when there's a ping. It's something only someone with nuclear strength aspergers would really get up in arms over.
For me at least the taskbar blink is way more annoying than a single im bloop sound.

(But this is why bitlbee is the best. Hexchat can set per-channel/user notifications both sound & taskbar. So I can make some messages just silently accumulate, while an im from a RL friend gets attention. A 15 year old irc client kicks the poo poo out of pidgin. Only downside is no emote packs.)

Zephyrine posted:

isn't that all of it?
No. http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Tenal

Verite maps are not the best for this kind of thing. It samples once per day at downtime, so if I understand correctly all sov transfers appear the same as dropped sov.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Razor gave Init some sov?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Zephyrine posted:

Razor gave Init some sov?

Init had some alliance update the other day about getting a little patch of sov 'somewhere' to derp around and do nullsec industry things in Fozziesov so I guess that would be it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Helicon One posted:

Init had some alliance update the other day about getting a little patch of sov 'somewhere' to derp around and do nullsec industry things in Fozziesov so I guess that would be it.

Makes sense. Tenal has always been underpopulated anyway.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

My time on PL IRC has taught me that no matter what program you use, people will still find a way to annoy you with their pings.

Harassing people that use pidgin was the best part of PL IRC, If didn't you (notice)?

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Drone posted:

I'm playing H1Z1 and not even doing it as part of the invasion. I couldn't care much less about the invasion, or the pings. I'm having fun with the game and the idea on its own is sound enough,

Same. Honestly, the best part of the game is listening to Boat strategise on comms. "Okay, everybody go out the door, go out the door, go out the door....poo poo, don't go out the door!" I wanted to shout "if you went out the door, you're dead" but I was too busy fighting off a wolf with my flashlight.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dirty Sanchez posted:

I wanted to shout "if you went out the door, you're dead" but I was too busy fighting off a wolf with my flashlight.

"Bark bark bark"

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 3, 2015

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

vyst posted:

That's just the price you pay for having him at the helm.

Coup Mittani

Actually I'm quite enjoying playing H1Z1.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

It's probably great but I don't have time in my schedule for another game. I pre-ordered deus ex human revolution and I have yet to even try that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

It's probably great but I don't have time in my schedule for another game. I pre-ordered deus ex human revolution and I have yet to even try that.

Its a good game, but if you ever get into it, be warned. A lot of people had trouble with bosses when they chose too much stealth/hacking. A different developper (GRIP) was used for thoses and it seems they didn't get the memo that not everyone would want to play the game as a killing machine that can't do anything else. Fortunately that was fixed with The missing link DLC.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

orange juche posted:

Holy poo poo it's like disabling opt-all isn't a thing, quit being whiny and disable it.

I was stating the conclusion of the thread, we get you are close to tears about people complaining.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hey guys I was away all weekend and... oh H1Z1? That sounds fun maybe how do I... oh, $21.99? :yikes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Hey guys I was away all weekend and... oh H1Z1? That sounds fun maybe how do I... oh, $21.99? :yikes:

The open beta will be free, so it's best to wait. Although I thought I saw something about Mittani having free codes to give out to goons.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Go ahead and shame me. The minimum system recommendations are way above me.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

I said come in! posted:

The open beta will be free, so it's best to wait. Although I thought I saw something about Mittani having free codes to give out to goons.

An email went out a few days ago to all TMC subscribers offering a welcome package giving out free stuff in the game. If that is what you're talking about, I don't think it offers the game itself. Just camo, machete, tactical helmet and I think a few other gizmo's.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If I went a full week without getting a ping from boat I'd call the cops and ask them to check in on him.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

So one of my cynos was killed (happens all the time) A Brave member spots the pod floating outside the station and then stops to ask what happened. If I was alright and if I needed help.

We need to cut ties before they start to grow on me because I'm a complete sucker for this cutesy :shobon: newbie stuff

no newbies are cute its their leadership that needs to die

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Reverand maynard posted:

no newbies are cute its their leadership that needs to die

Look at this - somebody who thinks that the BRAVE line members are newbies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I find that it's hard to tell who is and isn't a newbie. Some players have been in this game for a real long time but never got pass the newbie stage, so they graduated into just being bad. Like i've been playing Eve-Online on and off for a long time, so i'm not a newbie, i'm just really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you dont push yourself to get better, or play in a corp that doesnt tell you why you`re bad and how to get better its perfectly possible to just stay bad for years and years.

• Locked thread