Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Leder's quite the lengthy speaker, is he not? :downsrim:

Mega64, a lot of people might not even recognize it, but I really appreciate the thing where you made a Leder 'icon' stand next to the text by chopping the image up in pieces of exactly the right height.

Haha, that's brilliant. I didn't even realise what that was until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Leder's quite the lengthy speaker, is he not? :downsrim:

Mega64, a lot of people might not even recognize it, but I really appreciate the thing where you made a Leder 'icon' stand next to the text by chopping the image up in pieces of exactly the right height.

It's a neat trick he did. Unfortunately, viewing it through mobile ruins it for some reason.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Great update and great presentation! One nitpick: the Leder just below the line "We already knew about the Dragon, Magypsies, and the Needles. The only new info is that this dragon is apparently so powerful that even while sleeping his aura protects the islands." has the bottom of his shoes cut off.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I guess there was another reason for him to ring the bell a lot during the fire in the first chapter.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Oh wow. I already thought that looked great, but didn't realize the effort required.

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wow, I did not realize he did that.

Seriously Mega64, good job on that one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wait you typed leder's speech out? Why didn't you just copy and paste it? https://starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother3/Leder-s-speech-a-transcription

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
The infodump was also probably a lot more pleasant to read due to proper spacing. I really appreciate your formatting here.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
That was a really well done post for a really well done part of the game. I salute you, sir!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
This part never settled well with me, but I guess it's because I've seen stories do things like this retroactively to explain themselves in a show of poor writing, when Mother 3 was built around this story in the first place.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shwqa posted:

Wait you typed leder's speech out? Why didn't you just copy and paste it? https://starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother3/Leder-s-speech-a-transcription

Because I'm insane and prefer typing stuff out to using a transcript. Though that said, I probably should've used a transcript for that massive speech, but typing it also helped keep the spacing somewhat uniform so it all worked out.

King Cohort posted:

Great update and great presentation! One nitpick: the Leder just below the line "We already knew about the Dragon, Magypsies, and the Needles. The only new info is that this dragon is apparently so powerful that even while sleeping his aura protects the islands." has the bottom of his shoes cut off.

Thanks for that! Fixed.

And since a lot of people liked how I did Leder's dialogue, might as well share how I did it.

1. Resized the sprite to double size and expanded the width to 50 pixels like I do with every other dialogue sprite. I then expanded the right edge another 25 pixels to make the text look better.

2. Cut it into chunks of 20x75 images. Pretty simple in Paint.net since using Ctrl + Arrow Keys can move the selection area itself 5 or 10 pixels at a time, cutting out a lot of guesswork. It wasn't bad to do manually since it's 11 images. I'm sure there's a way to do it automatically with some programs as well. I had to add some pixels to the bottom of the sprite so the feet would also be 20 pixels high. I also just had a transparent 20x75 image for the many instances where the dialogue went longer than Leder's sprite.

3. After batch-uploading the images, I'd take the IMG links, add a space after each one for convenience, and then paste the whole thing into the update text file. With my update file taking up roughly half the width of my monitor, I'd type to the end of the first line then just go down to the second line once I hit the end. I want it kind of short since everyone uses different resolutions and I don't want the sprite broken up by the dialogue. The last image that's blank is just copy and pasted for each line after I fill up Leder's sprite itself.

[l_01] So this is kind of what
[l_02] I ended up doing, to
[l_03] a much smaller effect,
[l_03] of course.

4. Find suitable points to break up the text with paragraphs since all this dialogue is told in two-line dialogue boxes and thus there's not as much need for formatting in-game as there is when it's written out.

If I hadn't seen it executed before, I probably would've given up on it. Instead, I had to secretly post it to make sure it'd come out right in a reply in this thread, and then ninja edit it out immediately so no one is spoiled by Leder's appearance.

I'm definitely happy with how it turned out and glad everyone else is as well.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

If I hadn't seen it executed before, I probably would've given up on it. Instead, I had to secretly post it to make sure it'd come out right in a reply in this thread, and then ninja edit it out immediately so no one is spoiled by Leder's appearance.

Isn't pm formatting the same as in the normal forums? Just pm a test post to yourself when you want to test formatting, no ninjas required.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
"We were going to put in a much more intricate mythology, but we were rushed and had to cut a lot of it." Heh.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

"We were going to put in a much more intricate mythology, but we were rushed and had to cut a lot of it." Heh.

Yeah, that kind of feels like a meta-joke to me, too. That said, the mythology Nintendo put into the game is quite good for what it is, so there's that.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

But... what actually caused the End of the World? Human folly? Did Ness and co. fail to stop Gigyas? Is this an alternate timeline where they failed? Or was it that prick Pokey again?

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...

StrangeAeon posted:

But... what actually caused the End of the World? Human folly? Did Ness and co. fail to stop Gigyas? Is this an alternate timeline where they failed? Or was it that prick Pokey again?

Leder notes that "The people felt their conduct had ruined the old world" or to that effect. Between that and New Pork City, the implication is supposed to be that it's conspicuous consumption or other trappings of modern life.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

StrangeAeon posted:

Porky going to different times and worlds seems to indicate that this world could very well be separate from Earth. And that's part of the point, I think. You don't really need to know about the rest of the world, everything relevant to the mythology is right here. If Porky hadn't come by (well first of all, it would have been a pretty boring game), then you wouldn't need to know about the needles and thus the rest of the world.

Also, I think it's pretty neat that the village is still young. Like, for all we know this happened the week before the prologue.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Porky going to different times and worlds seems to indicate that this world could very well be separate from Earth. And that's part of the point, I think. You don't really need to know about the rest of the world, everything relevant to the mythology is right here. If Porky hadn't come by (well first of all, it would have been a pretty boring game), then you wouldn't need to know about the needles and thus the rest of the world.

Also, I think it's pretty neat that the village is still young. Like, for all we know this happened the week before the prologue.

Leder said that Kumatora was a baby when they came to Tazmily and she seems to be in her late teens or 20s, so it's been a good while.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

She's mid-to-late teens since she grows one extra line of pixels in the three year jump.

The things you notice when you Let's Play a game.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mega64 posted:

She's mid-to-late teens since she grows one extra line of pixels in the three year jump.

The things you notice when you Let's Play a game.

Does she really? That is a hell of a subtle change.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

If Porky hadn't come by (well first of all, it would have been a pretty boring game),

Animal Crossing. It would have been Animal Crossing. :colbert:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Does she really? That is a hell of a subtle change.

Yup.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well I'll be damned.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

StrangeAeon posted:

Could always be climate change. Mass desertification, loss of reliable agricultural land and safe drinking water, rising sea levels, ocean acidification and dead zones, all that good stuff. This is my favorite personal theory, since it contrasts nicely against Porky bringing back all the modern conveniences that help contribute to the problem.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Mega64 posted:

Because I'm insane and prefer typing stuff out to using a transcript. Though that said, I probably should've used a transcript for that massive speech, but typing it also helped keep the spacing somewhat uniform so it all worked out.

Thanks for that! Fixed.

And since a lot of people liked how I did Leder's dialogue, might as well share how I did it.

1. Resized the sprite to double size and expanded the width to 50 pixels like I do with every other dialogue sprite. I then expanded the right edge another 25 pixels to make the text look better.

2. Cut it into chunks of 20x75 images. Pretty simple in Paint.net since using Ctrl + Arrow Keys can move the selection area itself 5 or 10 pixels at a time, cutting out a lot of guesswork. It wasn't bad to do manually since it's 11 images. I'm sure there's a way to do it automatically with some programs as well. I had to add some pixels to the bottom of the sprite so the feet would also be 20 pixels high. I also just had a transparent 20x75 image for the many instances where the dialogue went longer than Leder's sprite.

3. After batch-uploading the images, I'd take the IMG links, add a space after each one for convenience, and then paste the whole thing into the update text file. With my update file taking up roughly half the width of my monitor, I'd type to the end of the first line then just go down to the second line once I hit the end. I want it kind of short since everyone uses different resolutions and I don't want the sprite broken up by the dialogue. The last image that's blank is just copy and pasted for each line after I fill up Leder's sprite itself.

[l_01] So this is kind of what
[l_02] I ended up doing, to
[l_03] a much smaller effect,
[l_03] of course.

4. Find suitable points to break up the text with paragraphs since all this dialogue is told in two-line dialogue boxes and thus there's not as much need for formatting in-game as there is when it's written out.

It looks great on a real browser but the effect falls apart on phones unfortunately.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

uPen posted:

It looks great on a real browser but the effect falls apart on phones unfortunately.

It sucks, but the solution would be to make the text be significantly shorter per line, which would look bad on everything else.

Only other way is to bake the text into an image, which is more of a pain in the rear end honestly, and it'd still probably look bad in situations where you can't see the full image (I think this is true for the Awful Android app unless I missed something). Don't think there's an easy solution for making it look good on everything, though I'm always open to ideas in case I decide to do this again at some point.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Anyway, Porky hasn't changed a bit and is still an immature twat who takes glee over the destruction he creates with his own maliciousness, including the Chimeras and Thunder Tower.
And yes, that "friend" the yoyo belonged to is Ness. Porky is more than just the jackass who gave the main characters a hard time in Earthbound- there's a whole new twisted dimension to his character.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

uPen posted:

Try viewing it in landscape mode.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Carbon dioxide posted:

Try viewing it in landscape mode.

You may not have noticed, but some of the lines don't break onto the next line - it's an issue with the way the images are displayed on the app rather than just an issue with linebreaks. Still a fantastic effect on a normal browser though!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Gotta love randomly getting a rare drop without trying (in this case, the Goddess Ribbon, the best head gear in the game for Kumatora and Boney).

I also love that rare items are a mere 1/32 chance in this game, considering how outrageous they are in most other RPGs. That doesn't mean I'm going to bother getting them, of course.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The attention to detail in this game still amazes me.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This might be reaching too far ahead, and I'll edit it out if so, but considering that you've commented on being under-levelled, are you going to get to a high enough level to unlock every PSI technique? One in particular you practically need to grind for to see at all.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

This might be reaching too far ahead, and I'll edit it out if so, but considering that you've commented on being under-levelled, are you going to get to a high enough level to unlock every PSI technique? One in particular you practically need to grind for to see at all.

Played through the next section of gameplay to the point where there's only one area left with regular encounters, with Lucas and Kumatora both at L56 (up from L50 for both of them). I haven't decided yet if I'll grind up to get their final PSI techniques to show them off (Lucas gets his at L58, Kumatora at L60), though I guess it'd be trivial to KO Duster and Boney and grind the last area enemies, since (according to the Handbook) the last area enemies are pretty simple to take out and give good EXP, plus I'm pretty sure there's convenient healing as well. So there wouldn't be too much grinding needed to show off the last several ones, but whether I'm game for it or not depends on how lazy I feel.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I feel we'd be denied something very valuable if we didn't see every PSI technique.

Besides, don't you want all that juicy power?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Since our excursion into the sewers, a bunch more people have popped up in the area. Most of the people first here have no new dialogue, so let's talk to the new ones for a bit.

You found the dog? Good for you.

You know, like, when you eat a giant hamburger, your hands get sticky and gooey?! And, like, even when you open your mouth really wide, it still won't fit? Avocado burgers are especially tough to eat. 'Cause, like, everything slides around and everything. Don't you agree? Like, it makes me wonder why girls always order avocado burgers and stuff.

Hey, do you know the secret to girls? You don't know?! How old ARE you?! Geez, get your act together, you moron! Girls, you see, like guys they can count on. Do you got what it takes to be like that? You idiot! Think about it on your own! Think about if you have what it takes or not. C'mon! Quit it! Stop asking me questions! I told you, think about it on your own! Inside your head!

So I've noticed.

Most of the new people have no real dialogue, just repeating a word two times or variations (Like "Hey. Hey." or "Left. Right."). Not worth talking to.

There's also more people from Tazmily that just arrived.

In one way or another, everyone on the island has gathered here in this city. Even I was tricked into coming here. Is Flint here too...?

It looks fun and everything on the outside, but this city gives me the creeps.

I went to the arcade, but all these creepy guys were basically glued to their machines and wouldn't give me a turn.

I'm certainly glad we've come here, but we still have no place to live. There are other people who prefer to party non-stop, though.

People are flocking to this city one after the other after the other. Doesn't the city seem more packed with people than before?

Don't worry, they don't fight. Or bite. I wonder how they wound up like this.

L49 is when Kumatora gets Thunder Gamma, which casts Thunder three times and can go through shields/counters. L50 is a big level for Lucas, as that's when he gets Lifeup Omega. This tech restores around 250HP to the entire party. 28PP isn't too bad at this stage of the game, but also it's the only way to heal the entire party. This of course ends up being crazy useful at this stage of the game and can significantly trivialize future encounters.

Police have police things that keep them busy.

I'm so incredibly busy. Go somewhere else. Baked yam sellers have baked yam things that keep them busy.

I guess in that way, this city might not be half bad at all.

Boy, New Pork City doesn't make any sense. I can't tell if it's kiddie-like, creepy, disgusting, flashy, or what.

You may notice we can't go to the right now due to the crowd. We can still access every place in the city, we just may have to do a bit more walking now to avoid the crowds.

My heart is always filled with the rules of the road.

boooo

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I think it's actually kind of charming. *chew* *chew*

Hey, Paul. It says there's an amusement park this way! Let's go have a look!

Oh, you're always such a kid at heart.

What could that be?

Like, people in the old days didn't drink this much water, y'know? My old man, he, like, drinks waaaay less water than me. When I, like, think about that, I, like, sorta feel like people are a lost cause, you know?! Like, if something happens, I, like, HAVE to have my water! Are we sea monsters? Of course we're not! We ARE, like, human, though! But we drink water. Hey, you! You even listenin' to me?!

Holy crap this guy.

but they should be fixed pretty soon now if all goes according to schedule. I'm waiting for the elevators to get fixed so I can use the upstairs bathroom.

We can visit the statue again at this point to sense its hostility towards us.

We also have the option to return said hostility.

Meet the King Statue. It's a gimmick boss, where the gimmick is "You're probably going to die horribly unless you know how to cheese it."

This is his attack every round. There's no surviving this for very long, considering his large HP pool.

How large, you ask?

This is the New Year's Eve Bomb. It costs 3000 DP, but it has a chance to reduce all enemies to 1HP.

And this is how much damage it did. That's right, the King Statue has 100 million HP. Even if you buff and debuff the hell out of your party, there's no way you'll have the resources to burn through all that HP manually. The only options are to use a New Year's Eve Bomb or hope for the small chance that PK Flash will instantly kill it.

Good EXP, though.

but it got beaten surprisingly easily. But, now that I think about it, statues DON'T live, huh? I wonder why I didn't realize that before.

Anyway, we got the fourth and final trivia card out of that. I'll actually be showing these things off the next update.

There's a few more Tazmily residents in this section now.

Oh! Thought you could walk by and ignore me, huh?! You're so cold-hearted. It's me! It's me! I used to be known as the Rope Snake. Don't tell me you forgot! Well, I haven't forgotten. I'm really close to becoming a behemoth of a snake now. I'll be a monster of a snake, and you guys'll be you guys. Together, we'll be an unstoppable force! Just you wait. It won't be long, dear friends! Whoa! Hey! Are you even listening to me?! Anyways, first, have a good new year! Hey! Are you ignoring me?! Hey! I said have a good new year!

Pusher's family have also just arrived and are chilling in the tower.

Oh? What's this? Well, if it isn't Lucas. I've come here to study up on Master Porky, our great leader.

I just know that someday our dear little Ollie will become as important as Master Porky and make life so much easier for us. Ohohohoho!

Heya! It's me! I'm as depressed as ever! C'mon! You should cheer up, too! I know! Let's be depressed together!

I've actually never seen them before, even though I worked at the factory right next to Titiboo for such a long time. Hahaha. Oh, that reminds me, when I was working at the factory, I found a doorknob on the ground. No idea who it belonged to. Normally I would've kept it and taken good care of it, but I was realy irritated at the time, so I threw it as hard and as far as I could instead.

Has anyone ever seen Master Porky before? How old do you think he is? He must be amazing to build a city like this.

That statue of Master Porky looks a lot like a kid, don't you think? What do you think's up with that?

That fight with the statue got me to L51, which means new PSI. Freeze Omega does around 450 damage single-target. It's sadly not as useful at this point for bosses since most of the rest of them are weak to thunder, but it's handy for regular encounters and at 28PP it's a full 20PP cheaper than the amazing Starstorm.

Counter Omega gives everyone counter shields. Not that useful since at this point between two or three castings of Defense Up Omega and the halving damage of shields in the first place, it's not really reflecting that much damage back.

We're pretty much closing in on the point of no return. It'll be awhile before we can chat up Item Guy again, so I go ahead and grab all the Mementos in storage. I also grab the Trivia Cards, which is a mistake because they take up space and you can't throw them away. Oh well.

Anyway, let's do this.

This elevator broke, so I rushed to fix it. For some reason, it wouldn't stop at the concert hall on the 24th floor anymore. But it works fine now. Wait a minute. You weren't thinking of going to the 100th floor, were you?

Oh? Uh, of course not.

Oh, I take it you're going to the concert hall, then. Then you'll get to hear that cool, groovy, and slightly-indecent and giggle-tastic DCMC sound that you so long for!

Well, crap. So much for-

Oh.

Sweet! Lucky's back! That incredible bass line is finally back! Let's go, Mr. Lucky! Let's go!

The DCMC have been incredible since their Titiboo days!

What in the world am I doing here? I'm sorry for bothering you.

Some familiar faces over here.

The woman/man next to me I'm holding hands with... She's/He's still with me after all this time. I guess there's no question she/he likes me, huh? If she/he were to suddenly kiss me... Oh, I'm so nervous! *thump* *thump*

People are starting to say that THE bassist has come back... Or not. Or something. I think. But if it's true, then this is gonna be the greatest night ever!

I dunno why, but you guys really get on my nerves. I have this intense desire to arrest you for some reason. I'll ignore it, though.

I love the boss' sense of, "Yeah, I'm great and strong and manly, but the DCMC is my life!"

Being put in charge of the concert's security...means we get to enjoy the show, too.

Oh. It's you guys. ...Don't worry, I'm not gonna do nothin' though. Let's just enjoy the concert together as fellow DCMC fans!

Nice to see familiar faces. How about some more?

Lucky! Long time, no see, you bum!

Long time, no see! We've been having some pretty okay concerts on our own since you left, but with you here, it's gonna be like... Wow!
I missed you so much!!! How've you been?!
Lucky! It's good to see you again!

A great, undefiable power has prepared a festival for the end of all life...
We can see through this Porky guy's shallow-brained plans like they're nothing. Why's that, you ask? 'Cause we're so drunk on our music that he can't fool us with his nonsensical crap!
I dunno who this Porky guy is, but with all five DCMC members back together, nothing can scare us now! Well, if I think about it really hard, MAYBE I can think of something that can scare us, but, no, nothing can scare us now!
Hey, Lucky. Let's forget our worries and just enjoy the music like the old days!

We even have your afro wig all ready to go!

At this point, we get control of Duster and can chat up everyone real quick.

Well, everyone except Lucas and Boney. They aren't pretty chatty, as you probably know.

This brings back memories of Club Titiboo. *giggle* ...is what they had me do all the time, as I recall. *giggle* Yeah, I've definitely lost my knack for that.

We had your bass polished to a shine!

What song'll it be?

Alright! Let's jam!

Hey, Lucky! I wanna hear your bass-playin', too! Let's hear it!

Well, there's no denying it.

Duster's destiny is to rock out.

So by god, he's going to rock out.

-----

:siren:VIDEO OF THE CONCERT (NON BOOTLEG) :siren:

How many familiar faces can you spot here?

All right, everyone. This may be the last time you'll ever get to hear us play. And...

To all you wonderful music-lovers who've gathered here on this special day... You're our greatest happiness of all! Tonda Gossa! We're gonna rock until you drop! No... We're gonna rock until EVERYONE drops! We're gonna do this thing non-stop! Let's do it!

Can't really do this justice with even GIFs, so just watch the video and enjoy the music for later use.

Let's move right on to the next song! No break!

So there's two versions of this next song. First is the full version:

Here's the in-game version:

You see, the game version gets cut off pretty quickly, so most people will miss most of a good song. As for why it gets cut off, you may ask?

Looks like someone's stopped our concert by force.

The final game has begun. Please gather up what puny wisdom and pathetic courage you have and come to the 100th floor.

Wahahahaha! Well, I'll be waiting for you on the 100th floor!

Porky's found us, and it's time we rise to the challenge.

-----

We've always had dumb luck on our side! Tonda Gossa!
Do you think the concert might not've been stopped had we played Porky's lullaby song or something instead?
Lucas, was it? We leave Lucky in your hands. Oh, wait! I mean Duster! I forgot, he's not Lucky! Hahaha!
You're the only bassist the DCMC can ever have. Without you, we're without a bass.

Now we can talk to the rest of the upset patrons.

Supposedly, some guys snuck into this building to take on Master Porky. It'd be funny if it was you guys, huh?! Hahaha!

Clear out! Get out of my way! Clear out! Get out of my way! All these kids and dogs and such... Quit loitering around, all of you!

What a lame attempt at a blackout this is. Can you see my nose hair?

No:

Oh? Then it must be pretty dark in here.

Yes:

I'd been worrying about it. Is that weird? Is it funny? Is it fine?

Hey, hey, hey!

We DCMC fans oughta catch 'em ourselves and make 'em pay! Grrrr!

The boss is in a real prickly mood...

Maybe the boss is in a prickly mood because of the horns on his head...

The chain of command is so screwed up. What the Pigmasks are supposed to be doing, what we're supposed to be doing...it's such a big mess. This just isn't gonna work out. Doesn't it seem that way from your point of view, too?

I guess there's no chance of them starting the concert over, huh?

The woman/man next to me I'm holding hands with... While I was flailing around during the blackout, I think our l-lips t-touched. I w-wonder if it was on purpose. D-d-d-do you suppose she/he l-l-likes me? Oh, my heart's beating so fast! *thump* *thump*

These two will never work out.

Does it have a different power source?

Whenver there's a blackout or everything is dark is when I feel the most relaxed.

Enough fooling around. Next time, we scale the scraper proper.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
This is honestly one of my favorite final dungeons of all time. It's completely absurd, while still managing to keep you on edge. Very well designed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For a moment I thought they invited everyone but Nana to NP City, but she was there after all.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mega64 posted:

How many familiar faces can you spot here?

This is a trick question, there are no faces on this screenshot. :colbert:

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Loving this LP and this final chapter This reminds me of the end of Series of Unfortunate Events, where the Baudelaires see practically EVERYONE from the previous books. Here's to the finale of a great game (and the only Mother game I've managed to beat...)

PS - I've forgotten if Flint shows up or not, so here's hoping we see him one last time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I was first thinking that guy who talks about drinking water, that it might've been alcohol originally but Nintendo of America kicked in again... then I remembered this isn't an official translation at all.

• Locked thread