Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

I eventually got softbanned, but it took me deliberately editing the arena matchmaking code to send blatantly forged data about my Soul Level and Soul Memory to the servers before they would do anything. And this was at the end of the game's life, so I didn't care. Plus I could family share out anyway.

They still don't do anything about people who break people's gear or kill their NPCs, because they can't. They sure ban you if you use Steam Big Picture Mode to enter a name longer than 16 characters and are honest enough to email them asking if that's okay, though.

I wish I could find those posts again because the combination of you breaking poo poo literally all over the game and goon reactions was hilarious. DS 1+2's online was such a mish-mash of latency, broken weapons and magic spam. I stopped playing a few weeks after release so maybe those things got patched but early it was pure chaos and I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Did Chroma squad drop the planned multiplayer entirely, or are they just hoping to add it in post release?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

LibbyM posted:

Did Chroma squad drop the planned multiplayer entirely, or are they just hoping to add it in post release?

They lost the person that was going to be in charge of implementing it. They have said that they'd like to implement it post-release but for people to not hold their breath.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mortimer posted:

look at this boring nerd garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJOLUYisew

look at this actual fun gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqd3XJakRaE

Those tinted shades must do a number on your eyes
This is a pretty compelling point, tbh.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Testekill posted:

They lost the person that was going to be in charge of implementing it. They have said that they'd like to implement it post-release but for people to not hold their breath.

Speaking of Chroma Squad, I added my kickstarter backer items key to steam but when do they show up?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any essential mods for The Witcher 2?

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
the uninstall mod

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

So now that Next Car Game is Next Car Game again is it worth buying into if you're not much of a driving game person with the exception of burnout/racing in GTA?

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
Are there any websites or browser extensions that would allow you to sort your steam games by user review score? I'm sure there are some well-received niche games I've gotten in bundles that I've completely forgotten about, and I'd like to be able to find them without clicking on every single one.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there any essential mods for The Witcher 2?
Not really. There is the Combat Rebalance Mod that some of the devs made, its not mandatory though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus Steam, what happened to you?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

odiv posted:

It's actually pretty fun and has a few tricks up their sleeve. Also it's free.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

It's actually pretty fun and has a few tricks up their sleeve. Also it's free.
Can second this. For what it is, it's nicely done. It's got random matchmaking too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus it's free so shut your stupid mouth odiv lol

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sextro posted:

So now that Next Car Game is Next Car Game again is it worth buying into if you're not much of a driving game person with the exception of burnout/racing in GTA?

I bought this last February when it was basically a demo and all they've added in the 15 months since are a couple cars and tracks. They've spent the last 6-7 months apologizing weekly on their blog about how they broke the physics engine and haven't been able to fix it yet so they're just overhauling it, and also does anyone have suggestions for new game modes?

I would wait.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

odiv posted:

It's free, who gives a poo poo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Steam has gone downhill a bit on it's quality control though hasn't it.

I guess it's ok if you consider terrible games as art or like terrible movies.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steam is putting games on their platform...jfc :ughh:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
people can buy games on this game store??????????????????????

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I miss the days when Steam only allowed games that were actually GOOD, like Rag Doll Kung Fu

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Freak Futanari posted:

I miss the days when Steam only allowed games that were actually GOOD, like Rag Doll Kung Fu
Or Ricochet.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Accordion Man posted:

Or Ricochet.
If they held every game to Ricochet's standard they wouldn't get any games on Steam

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm playing Valdis Story: Abyssal City and more or less enjoying it, but I'm hitting a point where it seems like my armor/weapon is just crap against basically everything. I'm getting torn apart by Jahzracht and had a pretty rough time against The Yeti as well. I'm still using the base weapon and armor because I don't think I've found any upgrades and none of the smiths will enhance the base stuff. What am I doing wrong?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bowmore posted:

We're not exactly at the point of the iOS App Store yet, because I haven't seen any pirate copies of Cannabalt renamed to capitalize on an entirely different game's popularity yet.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'm playing Valdis Story: Abyssal City and more or less enjoying it, but I'm hitting a point where it seems like my armor/weapon is just crap against basically everything. I'm getting torn apart by Jahzracht and had a pretty rough time against The Yeti as well. I'm still using the base weapon and armor because I don't think I've found any upgrades and none of the smiths will enhance the base stuff. What am I doing wrong?

For this boss in particular, using the ice buff on your weapon is really good. It'll prevent a number of his counterattacks.
Who are you playing as though? I sorta stuck with bare fists on Reina the whole way through. But either way, I think you can upgrade your base weapon right after this boss (you're looking for a hammer right?).
As for armor, I think you can pretty much stick with paladin gear the whole way really. If you're not having much luck finding upgrade materials, boost your luck a bit. There's a hidden NPC that can let you respec stats as many times as you want for a small cost, just to the right of the first town, you can reach him with some creative ice block usage I think?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

If you're going to give an inch might as well give a mile?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Broken Cog posted:

Were you the guy that was demonstrating how bad the anti-cheat stuff in DS2 was?
That poo poo was hilarious, as was all the people getting personally offended by it. Did you ever get banned for it?
The anger at Tallgeese from some goons seemed to be less about what he was actually doing, and more about the fact that he was really dismissive of the criticisms of one of their steamchat clique members. They either made a macro to post the "insect" quote in steam chat or kept a text file to copy/paste it from on short notice. I suspect some of them had a rasterized version of it above the hate-shrine to him they made in their closet. When they got into arguments accusing each other of poise-stacking, people would break it up by saying "this is what Tallgeese wants us to do," and then everyone would reaffirm their hatred of Tallgeese, post the quote a few times, and patch things up.

Goon steamchats can get weird.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

The anger at Tallgeese from some goons seemed to be less about what he was actually doing, and more about the fact that he was really dismissive of the criticisms of one of their steamchat clique members. They either made a macro to post the "insect" quote in steam chat or kept a text file to copy/paste it from on short notice. I suspect some of them had a rasterized version of it above the hate-shrine to him they made in their closet. When they got into arguments accusing each other of poise-stacking, people would break it up by saying "this is what Tallgeese wants us to do," and then everyone would reaffirm their hatred of Tallgeese, post the quote a few times, and patch things up.

Goon steamchats can get weird.
All I remember about Tallgeese was that he would invade people worlds under a dumb persona, make himself a friendly phantom then gently caress with people's games testing things. He would tell the thread that he was doing it with friend's games, but there was more than one time I saw him in some random guy's blind playthrough loving with things. The guy playing would be very confused at someone forcing themselves into their game and things happening.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I loaded up Dead Rising 2 OTR after quite a while and noticed there's now a "sign into windows live to transfer saves" and all my previous saves were gone. Does anyone know how to transfer the saves? It was an option in the menu but didn't bring up any option to sign in.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

bowmore posted:

I guess it's ok if you consider terrible games as art or like terrible movies.
Hmm yes, quite indeed sir.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Are any of the "Choice of" text adventures worth playing / any good? Given that the last ones I played were the loving Heroes Rise series, which are 100% garbage, I'm reluctant to try them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

EightDeer posted:

Are any of the "Choice of" text adventures worth playing / any good? Given that the last ones I played were the loving Heroes Rise series, which are 100% garbage, I'm reluctant to try them.

no.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Or Ricochet.

Where's ricochet 2

WHERE is ricochet 2 gabe n!!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

pentyne posted:

I loaded up Dead Rising 2 OTR after quite a while and noticed there's now a "sign into windows live to transfer saves" and all my previous saves were gone. Does anyone know how to transfer the saves? It was an option in the menu but didn't bring up any option to sign in.

They put the menu selection in before they actually added the capability to transfer your saves, so you can't now. They claim it's "coming soon" but that was over a month ago so who knows?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

EightDeer posted:

Choice of the Deathless is written by a pretty good author of the Urban Fantasy-ish genre. Check the demo of that game and give it a shot.

This is a part from the most popular negative review:
:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:

quote:

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:
It is a well-written game, but honestly loses its luster and fun after a couple playthroughs.
:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:
:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

EightDeer posted:

Y'know what's worth playing? Kentucky Route Zero, that's what.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

odiv posted:

Never got the appeal of the game. Two perfect players will never have anything but a default. And becoming a perfect player isn't hard with basic math and the ability to flip an image around in your head.

Still an awesome thing for the makers of the game, they learned about the whole Steam process and how to get a game on there :shobon:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

RabbitWizard posted:

Still an awesome thing for the makers of the game, they learned about the whole Steam process and how to get a game on there :shobon:
So they learned the secret of sacrificing a three eyed goat while chanting Gabe Newell's name during a black eclipse?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's ricochet 2

WHERE is ricochet 2 gabe n!!
Gabe has no excuse because we know he can count to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

EightDeer posted:

My friend wrote Choice of Robots, which is pretty awesome, intelligent and should not make you cringe at any point. I've played the first couple chapters back when it was in beta and was very impressed, despite CYOA not normally being a genre I like at all.

• Locked thread