Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My job here is done. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't have a whole lot of food, but there were a lot of cool sporting events on, so I didn't want to go to the grocery store.

This led to the creation of the tuna pizza.

It's just a Jack's frozen cheese pizza that I cooked halfway, threw some very well drained canned tuna on, and cooked the rest of the way. It wasn't bad for what is was, it tasted like a more subtle anchovy pizza (if you could get a frozen anchovy pizza), but it was still a rather shameful creation.

I want to slap you. Just eat the pizza and then also eat the tuna with a little ground pepper on, combining them into a shame disc is terrible.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Salted dulce de leche brownies.

:hfive: making dulce de leche after reading about it in this thread buddies

I made banana shortbread cookies to go with mine!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't have a whole lot of food, but there were a lot of cool sporting events on, so I didn't want to go to the grocery store.

It's just a Jack's frozen cheese pizza that I cooked halfway, threw some very well drained canned tuna on, and cooked the rest of the way. It wasn't bad for what is was, it tasted like a more subtle anchovy pizza (if you could get a frozen anchovy pizza), but it was still a rather shameful creation.

We do this sometimes at my house, it's legit good. I'd suggest throwing the tuna on right way though, it'll be fine / better if it cooks the whole way.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Why would you ever admit to this.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

We do this sometimes at my house, it's legit good. I'd suggest throwing the tuna on right way though, it'll be fine / better if it cooks the whole way.

Gross dude. I bet your farts are extra awful and that your tummy hates you when you do this.

Seriously, why would you admit this?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Saucy Slit posted:

Gross dude. I bet your farts are extra awful and that your tummy hates you when you do this.

Seriously, why would you admit this?

Canned tuna is a great cheap add-on to almost any meal and is pretty hard to gently caress up. It's pretty much a staple of modern American cuisine.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

putting tuna on pizza is the definition of loving up.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

pizza with canned tuna is actually not weird, even in Italy.

google pizza tonno or pizza tonnato.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Efexeye posted:

putting tuna on pizza is the definition of loving up.

It is a thing though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

It's pretty much a staple of modern American cuisine.

I assure you it isn't.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

in america we stick the tuna, can and all, directly into our bums

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Meaning we insert it into homeless people

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

This looks like vomit on pizza.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

A White Guy posted:

Tuna on Pizza is god-like :colbert: (The good kind of god. Not 'Cthulhu' or what have you)

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Tuna pizza is great. I used to buy it in Germany quite often. Now that picture....uh...I guess it doesn't look all that appetizing.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

stuxracer posted:

Cooking with alcohol is a fine art sometimes. I had a friend make some rum cupcakes one time that were way too moist and each one probably had a shot of rum in it. So loving gross.

Edit: dum

The Baba Rum from Isgro's bakery in south philly has what seems like two full shots of dark rum soaked into it, but is somehow delicious. I took one bite and was shocked, almost spit it out, but then ended up happily finishing the pastry.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

PCOS Bill posted:

I assure you it isn't.

It really is. I grew up eating canned tuna probably twice a week, mostly in a mayo "salad" with a load of celery and onion, on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Thanks to this thread, I now have a craving for one of my dad's staple dishes from my childhood: tuna mixed into a thin cheese sauce and poured over squares of toast. Because he knew how to cook, this involved making a white sauce that started with a roux, but because we were poor, it continued with Velveeta, a can of tuna, and toasted plain white bread (like Wonderbread, only not Wonderbread, because that brand-name poo poo is too expensive).

Sometimes it was poured over rice instead. Maybe I should take a picture for this thread if I make this tonight.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Airflamer posted:

I thought the proper way to keep jam from sogging up your wonderbread was to put peanut butter on both sides :iiam:

But for content, have some bacon wrapped sardines:

that's a lot of salt.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

pookel posted:

Thanks to this thread, I now have a craving for one of my dad's staple dishes from my childhood: tuna mixed into a thin cheese sauce and poured over squares of toast. Because he knew how to cook, this involved making a white sauce that started with a roux, but because we were poor, it continued with Velveeta, a can of tuna, and toasted plain white bread (like Wonderbread, only not Wonderbread, because that brand-name poo poo is too expensive).

Sometimes it was poured over rice instead. Maybe I should take a picture for this thread if I make this tonight.

You take a can of tuna fish
You make some mac & cheese
You dump a can of peas on top
You mix it up
'Sgood

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A White Guy posted:

Or a wet poo poo

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

left_unattended posted:

Really, really liquid turds. The kind with crema on top. Recipe?

Here's the recipe I used: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/02/how-to-make-salted-dulce-de-leche-brownies-recipe.html

They are insanely delicious. I had two and gave the rest to friends because I didn't want to have them around. I'm sure they have like eight million calories each.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Goats are pretty good at eating kudzu, and are good eating in and of themselves.

Kudzu looks really pretty to me which is a shame since it's so damaging. A lot of the south in my memories is comprised of trails and mountains just covered in it

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

You take a can of tuna fish
You make some mac & cheese
You dump a can of peas on top
You mix it up
'Sgood

Tuna mac with peas is the poo poo, especially with some onion. Got a little of everything if you're broke and need to stretch your budget.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

Kudzu looks really pretty to me which is a shame since it's so damaging. A lot of the south in my memories is comprised of trails and mountains just covered in it

I lived in the south for awhile and this poo poo terrified me. It was like a grey goo situation in plant form.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

big mean giraffe posted:

Tuna mac with peas is the poo poo, especially with some onion. Got a little of everything if you're broke and need to stretch your budget.

It's a legit home made from scratch casserole here, look up "tuna mornay". Even cheaper when you make your own mornay sauce and can throw any left over or spoiling veg in it, and use stale bread instead of pasta.
e: A lot of the recipes are poo poo though, mornay sauce is supposed to be roux/white/bechamel sauce with mustard and cheese, a lot of recipes forget the mustard.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 05:28 on May 4, 2015

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aesop Poprock posted:

It reminds me of scenery from an 80s medieval fantasy movie

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Don't put fish or pineapple on pizza, please.

Prawns/shrimp is fine though.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Don't put pineapple on pizza, please.

:getout:

Pineapple & Bacon is pinnacle pizza toppings.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

EZipperelli posted:

:getout:

Pineapple & Chicken & Bacon is pinnacle pizza toppings.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

gotta get that extra protein

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Here's the recipe I used: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/02/how-to-make-salted-dulce-de-leche-brownies-recipe.html

They are insanely delicious. I had two and gave the rest to friends because I didn't want to have them around. I'm sure they have like eight million calories each.

loving corn syrup :argh:.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Don't put fish or pineapple on pizza, please.

Prawns/shrimp is fine though.

:boom:

This is the truth.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I have tomorrow off and just plan on getting high and playing video games all day. I have a can of tuna and a frozen pizza, I might try the tuna pizza.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Turfahurf posted:

I have tomorrow off and just plan on getting high and playing video games all day. I have a can of tuna and a frozen pizza, I might try the tuna pizza.

If you're high it's fine I bet.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I imagine American pizza menus to read like this:

- Cheese
- Ham
- Shrooms
- Ham & Shrooms (costs extra)

And that's it

Any Italian restaurant in Germany has about 50 variants, and among these are three featuring Tuna, two featuring pineapple, veggies only, corn, sometimes I saw noodles (that crosses the line for me but whatever). Is this somehow unacceptable in your minds :psyduck:? You can literally put whatever the gently caress you want on pizza, you could put a whole dog on there or slather it in rapeseed oil or decide that your favourite topping is all the BBQ sauces of the rainbow and an entire clove of garlic in the middle*, who cares? The entire point of pizza is Bread + Sauce + [ ] + Cheese!

*this is not made up and loving awesome.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Simply Simon posted:

- Cheese
- Ham
- Shrooms

And that's it

Any Italian restaurant in Germany has about 50 variants, and among these are three featuring Tuna, two featuring pineapple, veggies only, corn, sometimes I saw noodles (that crosses the line for me but whatever). Is this somehow unacceptable in your minds :psyduck:? You can literally put whatever the gently caress you want on pizza, you could put a whole dog on there or slather it in rapeseed oil or decide that your favourite topping is all the BBQ sauces of the rainbow and an entire clove of garlic in the middle*, who cares? The entire point of pizza is Bread + Sauce + [ ] + Cheese!

Oh yeah we're gonna take tips on Pizza from Hitlerland.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

- Cheese
- Ham
- Shrooms

And that's it

"i know nothing about anything, so let me make some declarative statements"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Turfahurf posted:

Put some peas and corn on there too. It'll be great.

• Locked thread