Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Pinterest Mom posted:

i listen to podcasts in one earbud while biking, dwi

you'll be deaf at 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
actually a car he hadnt heard will run him over much earlier

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
don't worry everyone, we're working on silent-running electric cars that can hit cyclists even without headphones

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

THC posted:

you're a special kind of goddamn idiot if you wear headphones while riding a bicycle in a trafficked area

most places make this illegal as hell

see also: driving w/ headphones

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i see people riding their bike with headphones on and it makes me uneasy to just see them

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I see drivers listening to linkin park really loudly and it makes me uneasy.

ZShakespeare fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 3, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I see people listening to rapper of the year as judged by mtv and just dont understand
:goonsay:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

motorcyclists shouldn't wear helmets because it makes hearing their surroundings difficult

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

i listen to podcasts in one earbud while biking, dwi

sorry you got a dwi and have to ride a bicycle like a child now

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

if i lived anywhere where people used bicycles i dont think i could resist carrying around a stick to put into their wheels

gently caress anyone who isnt a child on a bicycle

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

LastInLine posted:

if i lived anywhere where people used bicycles i dont think i could resist carrying around a stick to put into their wheels

-mature, normal person 2015

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you couldnt even get that stick in there unless they were going insanely slow

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

LastInLine posted:

shaggar you are posting from the wrong account

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

LastInLine posted:

yeah, i guess not many people ride bicycles where you live...

IN YOUR MOTHER'S BASEMENT! :dukedog:

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
nah gently caress cyclists

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

you are no man until you have the f650 dominator, the physical manifestation of your psychopathic need for the blood of the weak.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ZShakespeare posted:

you are no man until you have the f650 dominator, the physical manifestation of your psychopathic need for the blood of the weak.

go sportchassis or go home

lol it's directly marketed as a toy hauler

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

I thought I hallucinated seeing one of these on the road, not sure how I feel knowing its real

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there's an suv version too rofl

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ive seen a bunch of people driving with earbuds in. its pretty cool

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
there was that one awareness app that mixed external sound in with your music which sounds cool but gently caress if I'm gonna load actual content to play on my phone in tyool2015

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

see also: driving w/ headphones

i see this all the god damned time

and also people driving with their dogs sitting on their laps

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

saw one of these just recently on the road

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

ahhhahhaaha oh gd

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my boss has some lovely ford truck and the bed is too short to carry anything worthwhile

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

my boss has some lovely ford truck and the bed is too short to carry anything worthwhile

last time i needed to haul stuff i rented a uhaul rapevan for $20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yet he's carrying your lovely posting

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

last time i needed to haul stuff i rented a uhaul rapevan for $20

My car coop has cargo vans all over the city. it owns bones. $4/hr gas included.

no more taking my cheap swedish furniture on the sky train.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

$4/hr is cheap. which one is that

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

THC posted:

$4/hr is cheap. which one is that

Modo. Though I didn't choose them based on price. I chose them based on actually having more than one car in Burnaby :) I can't speak for the others.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
there no Skytrain to ikea though you need to bus it first

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

car2go has more cars but it's $0.41 a minute, $15 an hour and they jut added a complete bullshit $1 per ride surcharge (but the deductible if you crash the car is now $250 instead of $1000, yay)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THC posted:

car2go has more cars but it's $0.41 a minute, $15 an hour and they jut added a complete bullshit $1 per ride surcharge (but the deductible if you crash the car is now $250 instead of $1000, yay)
this almost makes me want to rent one just to tip it.

i have a weird desire to tip smart cars

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

THC posted:

I'll usually block out way more time than I need as contingency. You get half price on any unused time if you return it early, and it's free if someone subsequently takes the car during your time. Also you can park in any permit only zones, which might be a modo thing or not. Either way I'm very happy with it despite seemingly everyone else being filthy and never filling when the tank gets low.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

this almost makes me want to rent one just to tip it.

i have a weird desire to tip smart cars

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

*yawns*

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ZShakespeare posted:

I'll usually block out way more time than I need as contingency. You get half price on any unused time if you return it early, and it's free if someone subsequently takes the car during your time. Also you can park in any permit only zones, which might be a modo thing or not. Either way I'm very happy with it despite seemingly everyone else being filthy and never filling when the tank gets low.

people around here fill the tanks every chance they can get for that sweet sweet time credit.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
that looks very dangerous, and unsafe

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

THC posted:

I've got a better one. strap a Bluetooth speaker to your bike so you can hear your turn by turn directions, annoy passers by with your awful European club mix, and not be totally oblivious to your surroundings.

here's the best idea of all: read the goddamn directions before you leave and know where you're going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

anthonypants posted:

that looks very dangerous, and unsafe

when they detect incoming wind and rain, trucks will lie down in the field

• Locked thread