Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

I like the subtle attempt at trying to spin forced sterilization of an ethnicity as not being genocide.

You're in no position to comment on genocide, german.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mooyashi posted:

boringly inoffensive

Boring for defs, strongly disagree with inoffensive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bought a $90 bird feeder to defeat the Squirrels

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one of norway's biggest tabloids just printed an article containing a reference to the "Hutu" militia

in yemen

kill meeeee

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

And to think, you coulda defeated 'em while engaging in moderate workout if only you'd decided to practice your fletching and archery.

V. Illych L. posted:

one of norway's biggest tabloids just printed an article containing a reference to the "Hutu" militia

in yemen

kill meeeee

Are there Hutu militia in Yemen? More likely than not, at some point in the recent past, the answer would be yes. Do these individuals exist? Officially, not in Yemen.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

in yemen

kill meeeee

Spellcheck strikes again?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one can only hope, i wrote them a pissy email about it

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
what if leftover hutu rebels are responsible for the instability in yemen :tinfoil:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jagchosis posted:

what if leftover hutu rebels are responsible for the instability in yemen :tinfoil:

if only the middle kingdom hadn't been conquered by nilo-saharans, then the yemenese landscape would be different today

I like Yemen. It was home to a great Jewish kingdom. Ever since the fall of that kingdom, seems that things in Yemen have gone to poo poo.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Jagchosis posted:

don cheadle can't melt steel beams

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

oh word, civil rights groups using careful language in their complaint letters?

quote:

Despite the declared official policy of
the Ministry of Health, that Depo-Provera is highly not recommended, data provided by the
Clalit Health Services, Israel's largest HMO, suggests that in the years prior to the
publication of the Report there was a significant rise in the number of Depo-Provera users in
Israel, and among Clalit members alone, some 5000 women used the injection in 2008.
From those, approximately 57% were of African origin, or in other words women of the
Ethiopian community
. Another sector of women receiving this injection were women with
cognitive disabilities, who were staying in shelters and different institutions

quote:

0. The publication of this issue raised a public storm and many reactions, which led to the
assumption that the sweeping use of this injection among Ethiopian women would be
discontinued; but reality proved different.

Some of the women interviewed for this news report, with their faces and names not hidden,
said that they started receiving the injections while they were still in the transit camps in
Ethiopia. Some of them were not even told that this is a birth-control measure. Several of
them tried to resist receiving the injection, but were told that their immigration to Israel
depends upon their consent to receiving it.

quote:

The sweeping use of Depo-Provera with women of Ethiopian origin raises grave concern
that this is a policy intended to control and monitor fertility among this population.
The
figures presented in the Report and news articles tell of a paternalistic, condescending, and
racist attitude
, which gravely restricts the freedom of Ethiopian women to choose the
method of birth-control that is suitable for them, medically and otherwise

but yeah, they didn't use those words

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

euphronius posted:

those usually don't work or are dumb and stupid in excluding larger birds from your feeder too. the best way to defeat the squirrels is to either plant it in yard on a pole/post with a conical baffle on it, far from other places that squirrels can't jump to, or to hang it between two places with thin strings/fishing line that squirrels can't climb on

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 3, 2015

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
just set out separate feeders for the squirrels, duh

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rodatose posted:

those usually don't work or are dumb and stupid in excluding larger birds from your feeder too. the best way to defeat the squirrels is to either plant it in yard on a pole/post with a conical baffle on it, far from other places that squirrels can't jump to, or to hang it between two places with thin strings/fishing line that squirrels can't climb on

The best way to defeat squirrels is to kill some and leave them decaying as a warning to the other squirrels.

also dogs.

Lotka Volterra posted:

just get a puppy, duh

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
actually, the best way to defeat squirrels is via falconry. get yourself a big rear end red-tailed hawk

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
but after the squirrels are gone, how do you defeat the falcons?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
falcons also destroy the smaller birds who you are trying to feed at your feeder

one time I saw a kestrel eating a goldfinch

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

My Imaginary GF posted:

but after the squirrels are gone, how do you defeat the falcons?

ddt

Primus
May 14, 2007

Greater than the sum of his parts.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's pretty much as supportive of their plight and protests as stories about this I've been posting on Facebook, both in English and in Hebrew. This is an example of a situation that is actually a big deal, and which false accusations of sterilization and genocide (which, notably, the protestors aren't making) would just obfuscate.

But keep giving Hasbara shills a coup by saying unsubstantiated and false nonsense and thus help them cover up for these real atrocities, I guess. :shrug:

ETA: March 20, 43BC – Publius Ovidius Naso (Ovid), Roman poet, is born.

Not sure what false claims about genocide or sterilization were in that article unless I misread?

Edit: or claims about either of those things at all?

Primus fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 3, 2015

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

joeburz posted:

lmao taking bets on this

lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually it's about ethics in black jewish genocide

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

how does vs have full communism now gangtag while hes in rotc being daddies little nazi

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

joeburz posted:

how does vs have full communism now gangtag while hes in rotc being daddies little nazi

just be glad it's not an anime avatar you ungrateful gently caress

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Rodatose posted:

falcons also destroy the smaller birds who you are trying to feed at your feeder

one time I saw a kestrel eating a goldfinch

actually they preferentially go for small mammals, probably due to the diminishing returns of preying on small birds/songbirds

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

joeburz posted:

he's also a poseur

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

he's also a poseur

In my headcanon he's actually a liberal arts major involved with Florida Food not Bombs. :3:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In my headcanon he's actually a liberal arts major involved with Florida Food not Bombs. :3:

Florida Food is arguably more evil than bombs

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
ah I found the picture I took of said kestrel eating a goldfinch

e: stretched contrast so it would look better

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 3, 2015

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
that's not a picture, i've been lied to

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
It's a moving picture. it moves you

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Rodatose posted:

beacon don't fly too high

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Venom Snake posted:

actually it's about ethics in black jewish genocide

they're not discussing the Yemeni extermination and ethnic cleansing of Jews, they're ragging on Israel

you know what bird you should get instead of falcons? Bald motherfuckig eagle. For America.

...or pay your son $1 for ever squirrel he hits with his first BB gun. Use this as an opportunity to impart a life lesson.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rodatose posted:

e: stretched contrast so it would look better

birds are cool

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

My Imaginary GF posted:

...or pay your son $1 for ever squirrel he hits with his first BB gun. Use this as an opportunity to impart a life lesson.

how to callously kill things for profit?

Venom Snake posted:

birds are cool

yeah

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 3, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

RaySmuckles posted:

Nice! I hope his policies affect all working class and poor people, and not just specifically minorities! Cuz that's what he's been alluding to the whole time (helping everyone)! The system works!

lmao someone talking about bernie sanders hypothetical presidency. i hate everyone

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i mean maybe there will be a series of increasingly unlikely meteor strikes

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
no matter what, we're hosed and I don't know why people don't understand that

Hillary means we get a more intensely conservative Congress 2 years after she's elected, same thing with Bernie. it's going to be the same dumb poo poo all over again

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

they're not discussing the Yemeni extermination and ethnic cleansing of Jews, they're ragging on Israel

Go on. :allears:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

You see, Randler, there are generally two ethnicities of jews, ashkenazi and sephardim. You Germans genocided the ashkenazi; following the independence of Israel, the muslim world ethnically cleansed the sephardim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

You see, Randler, there are generally two ethnicities of jews, ashkenazi and sephardim. You Germans genocided the ashkenazi; following the independence of Israel, the muslim world ethnically cleansed the sephardim.

I see.

• Locked thread