Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ur name is video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
and u are stux

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

its not just diablo3, its all games all the time speaking about playing them.

I really haven't had the opportunity to game all that heavily for the past few months due to work.

like 8 and 16 bit games you can knock off in an hour or so, but RPGs are a larger time investment and I only do that on weekends now. I keep weird hours as well so I'm like on like 2-4 hours of sleep some days.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Wait that was Diablo 3? Jesus christ, how did blizzard get away with that horrible UI/menus? Like Warcraft 3 looks better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nasgate posted:

Wait that was Diablo 3? Jesus christ, how did blizzard get away with that horrible UI/menus? Like Warcraft 3 looks better.

the UI on consoles is perfect, however

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nasgate posted:

Yeah that achievements screen looks literally unplayable, what the hell Blizzard? :wth:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Yeah that achievements screen looks literally unplayable, what the hell Blizzard? :wth:

I'm just surprised how trashy it looks compared to everything else they've put out before and after.

I'm never going to play it because a single player mmo does not seem appealing to me. But man, aren't they supposed to be professionals?

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It looks fine actually

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nasgate posted:

I'm just surprised how trashy it looks compared to everything else they've put out before and after.

I'm never going to play it because a single player mmo does not seem appealing to me. But man, aren't they supposed to be professionals?

It actually follows the same style as World of Warcraft and Starcraft II.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The only problem with the UI is the paragon menu and the crappy health and resource bulbs, but those don't even matter since you never look at them in the endgame anyway.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I would just think a AAA company could afford to have a menu system that's not ten years old, with a color scheme of poo poo brown and pale poo poo brown.

But I forget that professionalism never developed in the games industry.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I am playing Diablo 3 right now and I'm looking forward to completing the game so I can put it on a real difficulty setting

(This is me using Arcane Torrent against everything in the game. Also the peeing heals me and makes me take less damage and I can pee for like a minute before I run out and everything explodes on contact with it.)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Nasgate posted:

I would just think a AAA company could afford to have a menu system that's not ten years old, with a color scheme of poo poo brown and pale poo poo brown.

It's a holdover from the game's PS3 release

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nasgate posted:

Its probably in reaction to all the retards that bitched and moaned about the game being too colorful

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
That ui looks fine what the gently caress

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Nasgate posted:

This is a pretty incredible level of saltiness for a perfectly navigable red and orange ui.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I am playing Diablo 3 right now and I'm looking forward to completing the game so I can put it on a real difficulty setting

(This is me using Arcane Torrent against everything in the game. Also the peeing heals me and makes me take less damage and I can pee for like a minute before I run out and everything explodes on contact with it.)

I used to use arcane torrent but then I got the armor set that casts a meteor every time you use a different type of magic.

So I used the magic clones who cast the same spells as me and the hydra and the magic clones can cast meteors of their own so every time I enter a dungeon I slow everyone's framerate down to a crawl because poo poo explodes everywhere. So that's like 7 things that cast a meteor every 8 seconds when they attack. I also got 2 piece firebirds so that if I die a meteor falls and kills everything around me while also resurrecting me.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 3, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Problem Sleuth posted:

That ui looks fine what the gently caress

i can't fathom why the ui for a gothic fantasy game about slaughtering thousands of demons could possibly be red, brown, orange, and grey; don't they know anything about the ideal readability color schemes for app uis?!?!?!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I used to use arcane torrent but then I got the armor set that casts a meteor every time you use a different type of magic.

So I used the magic clones who cast the same spells as me and the hydra and the magic clones can cast meteors of their own so every time I enter a dungeon I slow everyone's framerate down to a crawl because poo poo explodes everywhere. So that's like 7 things that cast a meteor every 8 seconds when they attack. I also got 2 piece firebirds so that if I die a meteor falls and kills everything around me while also resurrecting me.

Yeah I'm looking forward to starting to see those build defining sets, also for the enemies to get nasty enough that I can't just facetank 95% of their attacks and hose them down with mindless beam spam

When I get arcane dynamo I was thinking of trying arcane pact meteor, I guess that'd work pretty well with your set?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Heavy Lobster posted:

This is a pretty incredible level of saltiness for a perfectly navigable red and orange ui.

It's incredibly frustrating that large developers, who can set trends, are more lazy about the small stuff as your average indie developer.

It's poo poo brown and looks like I'm still playing Warcraft in the 90s.

God forbid I want games to look nice. especially if the gameplay is braindead simple.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nasgate posted:

It's incredibly frustrating that large developers, who can set trends, are more lazy about the small stuff as your average indie developer.

God forbid I want games to look nice. especially if the gameplay is braindead simple.

Just because they're following a trend doesn't automatically make it bad.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Nasgate posted:

Would neon pink be more preferable?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh, please change Nasgate's name to "Lot's Wife."

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nasgate posted:

What colors would you rather the UI be? Its use of red/brown fits the theme of the game really well in my opinion.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Diablo 3 is actually a pretty colourful game in all honesty, there was a load of backlash when it was demoed by people saying it looked cartoony and not grimdark like D1 and 2, the UI being red/brown matches the game perfectly, as the dude above me said, there really is no other colour it could have been in a game where you fight the forces of Hell.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nasgate posted:

It's poo poo brown

Something is wrong with either your eyes or your poo poo dude

Of all the complaints a person could have about Diablo 3 "it's ugly" and "it isn't user-friendly" are probably the two worst possible ones

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

youre a loving idiot shut the gently caress up

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stux posted:

He's gunning for your job man

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

Stux is... right? :eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Stux is... right? :eyepop:

The prophetic times are finally upon us. It's too late to run for cover, just sit with your loved ones and prepare for the end :smith:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've come to poo poo up the games chat thread.

Video games are bad but I still buy and play them anyways.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

uh... mods?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

littleorv posted:

*looks at page with stux and Nasgate posts*

Mm. Hm. Eh. Ehhhhhhhh.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

*looks at page with stux and Nasgate posts*

Mm. Hm. Eh. Ehhhhhhhh.

Yeah I don't compare unfortunately.

I can't believe the amount of RAM in the Xbox One the third of his name.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

littleorv posted:

Yeah I don't compare unfortunately.

I can't believe the amount of RAM in the Xbox One the third of his name.

Wrong thread, sharktank is ---> thataway

Btw option C GTA V is the real ending.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

GTA V is a terrible game and I regret paying full price for it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
No video games are good and nobody is good at them. Especially not me.

Forum over close it now.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

littleorv posted:

GTA V is a terrible game and I regret paying full price for it.
Should have bought Shadow of Mordor instead.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
medieval engineers will have multiplayer within the next 2 weeks... get ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
im gay

• Locked thread