Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
now that we are in the third iteration of the chat thread i will try to post in it more often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Swan Oat posted:

now that we are in the third iteration of the chat thread i will try to post in it more often

welcome to death

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Swan Oat posted:

Yay! :toot:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm glad Greg Abbot is protecting me from UN invasions

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

corn in the bible posted:

I'm glad Greg Abbot is protecting me from UN invasions

well they are trying to take over the alamo

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

if the un invades texas it would be good

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Venom Snake posted:

birds are cool

ha I saw one of those for the first time just a few days ago around houston

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 3, 2015

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
ace of base is basically swedish reggae confirm/deny

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

well they are trying to take over the alamo

It would be so good for UNESCO to recognize the Alamo, they could finally afford to fix it up and stop the ceiling from falling apart but nooooo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mooyashi posted:

ace of base is basically swedish reggae confirm/deny

Deny. Pretty sure Ace of Base's opus does not contain to a noticeable amount of songs about necklacing gays.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

World Heritage status would be as good for the Alamo as the Daughters of the Texas Revolution ownership was bad

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I know. You must be disappointed that they did not act against the sephardim with the same efficiency as Germans against the ashkenazi. It's quite a natural, germanic feeling you must be having

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Randler posted:

Deny. Pretty sure Ace of Base's opus does not contain to a noticeable amount of songs about necklacing gays.

are you mixing up south african apartheid politics with current caribbean moods on homosexuality for real

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

I know. You must be disappointed that they did not act against the sephardim with the same efficiency as Germans against the ashkenazi. It's quite a natural, germanic feeling you must be having

Would you describe this feeling as German or germane? :v:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm so loving pissed about the failed CRM practices that Alamo State Historic Site represents, gently caress oval office rear end

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mooyashi posted:

are you mixing up south african apartheid politics with current caribbean moods on homosexuality for real

you know a good band which this thread turned me onto?

My Bloody Valentine.

Randler posted:

Would you describe this feeling as German or germane? :v:

Oh, you. Auf Deutsche, and I can't stay mad at you

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mooyashi posted:

It's an educated guess on how they intend to implement their savage "Burn the gays" fantasies.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

I'm so loving pissed about the failed CRM practices that Alamo State Historic Site represents, gently caress oval office rear end

thats not a good term to use wrt a society of women

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The Alamo sucked anyway

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

what, are they cash only?

idgi, what failed crm practices do the alamo represent, other than the failure of the alamo gunmen to retain their human inventories.

Lotka Volterra posted:

The Alamo sucked anyway

buncha slavers revolting against emancipation and race equality, if you ask me.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

World Heritage status would be as good for the Alamo as the Daughters of the Texas Revolution ownership was bad

world heritage stuff is good since i'm a huge nature and history geek

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jagchosis posted:

thats not a good term to use wrt a society of women

Maybe they shouldn't have overemphasized a narrow slice of the sites history without any attempt at a broader historical context while also monetizing the site without any regard for the structural integrity of the barracks the fuckers

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Maybe they shouldn't have overemphasized a narrow slice of the sites history without any attempt at a broader historical context while also monetizing the site without any regard for the structural integrity of the barracks the fuckers

so, what, the alamo is texas' Gettysburg?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Rodatose posted:

ha I saw one of those for the first time just a few days ago around houston

dude i see one of these things near the grocery store all the time, its the weirdest drat bird

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Randler posted:

It's an educated guess on how they intend to implement their savage "Burn the gays" fantasies.

i'd call that a "bad guess" randler

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

so, what, the alamo is texas' Gettysburg?

The comparison is pretty apt, fun fact the Alamo is #1 most disappointing historic tourist site in the USA according to the national historian association

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mooyashi posted:

For some reason, 'burn monorities with fire' appears to be at the forefront of Randler's subconscious.

I'd recommend psychoanalysis to Randler, however, given the history of German attitudes towards "jewish science," I don't think she'd oblidge.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The comparison is pretty apt, fun fact the Alamo is #1 most disappointing historic tourist site in the USA according to the national historian association

i blame tim burton

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also many of the objects on display there are owned by peter Gabriel because the Alamo site doesn't open many artifacts, the udrt didn't feel they were important

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what are better texas historical sites

*opens googledoc entitled road trip plans*

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mooyashi posted:

Not really. There are basically three established ways of burning a human being alive. Necklacing, dousing in gasoline or a pyre. Pyres are somewhat complex compared to the other ways, so it is reasonable to assume that one of the other two variants would be used. And between neclacing and just plain gasoline dousing, I'd wager money on the offenders of a hate-crime to use the more cruel and culturally transferred to the Carribean as well version. :colbert:

Granted, this all rests on the assumption that the "Oh no! Our "Burn the Gays" songs only mean spiritual fires! It's a metamophorical cleansing!" defenses of certain musicians aren't bullshit, but I'm pretty confident in that assumption as well.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

so you entirely missed why someone could think you misunderstand what the hell you're talking about

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

guess whos bathroom flooded again

*points thumbs at himself*

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

was it the boiler

also: move to another apartment jesus loving christ

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
MY BATHROOM BOILER

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
BoB do you keep a water heater in your WC

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is separate to my boiler

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Mute posted:

party at R. Mutes house

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

mooyashi posted:

so you entirely missed why someone could think you misunderstand what the hell you're talking about

Wenig kümmern mich die Annahmen und Verständnisse der anderen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

mooyashi posted:

BoB do you keep a water heater in your WC

i have a water heater in each room of my apartment for quick access when necessary

• Locked thread