Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also in the Battle Direct I saw a mask that just covers the eyes

I hope I can make my character look like a Wonderful One. Or Prosecutor Godot. Either or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Suaimhneas posted:

I hope I can make my character look like a Wonderful One. Or Prosecutor Godot. Either or

One of the face customization options is almost literally a Wonderful Mask. 4:48 or so in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suaimhneas posted:

Not a mask, but...

edit: beaten

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raccoon masks for everyone.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You realize you added nothing with this and further reinforced what I said by not posting examples of actually cool armor right. The whole point I was trying to make is that people are getting mad at clickbait and saying "nuh-uh not all of it is like that." then not doing anything to really go against it.

Take a second to realize why I didn't have to post pictures of totally normal armour, here's a hint: because thinking that the game wouldn't have it is literally being a gigantic hyperbolic moron.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Not a mask, but...

Oh just loving state a western release date already. :negative:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How well has this game been received in Japan?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

This is still the place for Xenoblade Chronicles questions right?

I forgot how annoying it is to get that ONE Collectible you need for a quest. I remember there was some trick to getting Collectibles to respawn, but forgot what exactly it is. Specifically I'm looking for Feather Leaves, and I don't have high enough affinity with Colony 6 to trade for them, due to basically ignoring sidequests ever since Makna Forest, rushing to get the 7th party member.

Saving/Loading doesn't seem to get the shinies to respawn, nor does Skip Travelling. Is it time based or something?

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

This is still the place for Xenoblade Chronicles questions right?

I forgot how annoying it is to get that ONE Collectible you need for a quest. I remember there was some trick to getting Collectibles to respawn, but forgot what exactly it is. Specifically I'm looking for Feather Leaves, and I don't have high enough affinity with Colony 6 to trade for them, due to basically ignoring sidequests ever since Makna Forest, rushing to get the 7th party member.

Saving/Loading doesn't seem to get the shinies to respawn, nor does Skip Travelling. Is it time based or something?

Xenoblade Wiki says these places have the highest spawn rate for them

In Satorl Marsh:

- Kelsher Wetland, at the center of the land surrounded by wetlands
- Northeast of the Nopon Merchant Camp, near the edge of the large wetland
- the land between the two bridges at the west of Zaldania Waterfall
- west of Barren Moor; look for the area with three sets of wetlands
- the waterfall in the Basin Cave
- the large wetland at Igna Territory. The area is guarded by the UM Aggressive Cornelius

I believe the respawn trick is to warp to a different map, save, reset the whole game, and then reload and warp back to the nearest landmark where the collectibles spawn.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Not a mask, but...

Dear god yes please

Might just make William Wedgewood

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

planetarial posted:

Xenoblade Wiki says these places have the highest spawn rate for them

In Satorl Marsh:

- Kelsher Wetland, at the center of the land surrounded by wetlands
- Northeast of the Nopon Merchant Camp, near the edge of the large wetland
- the land between the two bridges at the west of Zaldania Waterfall
- west of Barren Moor; look for the area with three sets of wetlands
- the waterfall in the Basin Cave
- the large wetland at Igna Territory. The area is guarded by the UM Aggressive Cornelius

I believe the respawn trick is to warp to a different map, save, reset the whole game, and then reload and warp back to the nearest landmark where the collectibles spawn.

I just got one! I was hunting for it at the Basin Cave. Another thing that works is save, collect them, then load. They'll respawn after a minute or so.

Still annoying, but at least now I can get it consistently!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Dear god yes please

Might just make William Wedgewood

Diplomacy has failed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:eyepop:

Not a mask, but...

Gonna run around and save New LA as Nightwing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is that a real icecream? It looks unappealing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bef posted:

im really puzzled why everyone has to look mildly retarded

It's called "living in Los Angeles"

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Kurtofan posted:

Diplomacy has failed.

Plot twist: X is an alternate universe where the Wonderful 100 didn't mash A hard enough.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kurtofan posted:

Is that a real icecream? It looks unappealing.
I'd imagine most foods are unappealing when they're contextualised with faeces and sexualised children

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Black Stones posted:

Take a second to realize why I didn't have to post pictures of totally normal armour, here's a hint: because thinking that the game wouldn't have it is literally being a gigantic hyperbolic moron.

"Hey guys can you show me some of the normal cool armor"
"You're a idiot it's in the game."

Sorry you're in the wrong here dude. Also it's pretty hilarious they give the player so many options to adjust the design on the eyes considering the fact I think most people will be spending a majority of the game looking at robots or the back of their heads.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Idioteque Dance posted:

I'd imagine most foods are unappealing when they're contextualised with faeces and sexualised children

Cut that poo poo out.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sorry you're in the wrong here dude. Also it's pretty hilarious they give the player so many options to adjust the design on the eyes considering the fact I think most people will be spending a majority of the game looking at robots or the back of their heads.

"Hey guys I need proof that this game will have normal armour like every single video game of its kind in the history of video games has had. This isn't crazy at all!"

Show me on the doll where the anime touched you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wanna see all of the different armor sets just because i'm curious.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

i agree.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

I wanna see all of the different armor sets just because i'm curious.

Well we got yellow bikinis, red bikinis, gold bikinis, one piece bikinis, polka dot bikinis, string bikinis, belt bikinis, towel bikinis, school girl uniform bikinis, fishnet bikinis, and of course, chainmail bikinis.

For the guys, we got a very wide selection of body oils...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Black Stones posted:

"Hey guys I need proof that this game will have normal armour like every single video game of its kind in the history of video games has had. This isn't crazy at all!"

Show me on the doll where the anime touched you.

Who said anything on proof, goons are mentioning awesome armor and I haven't seen it so... I want to see it?

Like come on dude.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Who said anything on proof, goons are mentioning awesome armor and I haven't seen it so... I want to see it?

Like come on dude.

here's some normal looking armor now stop posting

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was hoping I could find some screenshots of all of the armor sets on Google. Now that the game is out in Japan, that should exist by now, but I didn't turn up with anything. It was all for Xenoblade Chronicles.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

If you want someone to post pictures of cool looking armor and giants robots maybe you should go post your own thread so as not to disrupt the deep and interesting discussion of anime pedophilia?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Well we got yellow bikinis, red bikinis, gold bikinis, one piece bikinis, polka dot bikinis, string bikinis, belt bikinis, towel bikinis, school girl uniform bikinis, fishnet bikinis, and of course, chainmail bikinis.

For the guys, we got a very wide selection of body oils...

Does the body oils for men come with a volleyball mini game?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

here's some normal looking armor now stop posting

This is the laziest shitpost on the entire board.

But I don't dislike you for it, you tried and that's what's important.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is the laziest shitpost on the entire board.

But I don't dislike you for it, you tried and that's what's important.
im shitposting?

you: why is there so much bikini armor!!!
me: here's some non-bikini armor
you: nice shitpost

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

im shitposting?

you: why is there so much bikini armor!!!
me: here's some non-bikini armor
you: nice shitpost

Hey is there any cool armor outside the default armor
Here's the default armor.

Speaking of which, in Xenoblade Chronicles was there any case of being able to get Shulk to wear the red and black outfit he's seen with at the start of the game? I got a blue version of it but I never saw the red outside the intro cutscene.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey is there any cool armor outside the default armor
Here's the default armor.
i didnt know that was the default armor

either way the fact that the default armor is normal kind of proves that there will be normal armor in the game. if it was gonna be all fanservice all the time they would choose to promote that by making the default stuff also fanservicey.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's no one out there that has been willing to share information about the various armor in the game yet. It's in the hands of Japanese players now, but for whatever reason they just aren't putting anything out there, or it's only going up on websites not in English. Which I mean obviously makes sense, but no one is transferring that info over to english fan sites for the game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I want to see cool armor and robots because that's like 90% of this game's appeal.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
poo poo takes time to rip and players are probably more interested in fighting giant robot bosses together than compile images of all the armor variants.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay okay okay I found some stuff: http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Armour_in_X

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't tell if this is supposed to be Kamen Rider-like or something from Soul Sacrifice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't tell if this is supposed to be Kamen Rider-like or something from Soul Sacrifice.

I like this one because it reminds me of Bubblegum Crisis

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I dunno if the default armor is much to go on. The first Xenoblade also started out with somewhat reasonable (if heavily stylized) default armor, but by around the time you reach Mechonis, you've crossed a wacky-armor event horizon of topless men wearing unicorn helmets, native american war bonnets, eyepatches on characters with two healthy eyes, and boob cutouts for everyone who has a boob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I dunno if the default armor is much to go on. The first Xenoblade also started out with somewhat reasonable (if heavily stylized) default armor, but by around the time you reach Mechonis, you've crossed a wacky-armor event horizon of topless men wearing unicorn helmets, native american war bonnets, eyepatches on characters with two healthy eyes, and boob cutouts for everyone who has a boob.

Yeah. Brings a tear to my eye remembering it.

• Locked thread