Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Under the vegetable posted:

Honestly who are we but base wallowers in hubristic irreverence if we don't just do what the TV says?

Remember, all you need to do is check whether your vote is deemed progressive(TM)(R)(C) by the collective of PACs And Other Sponsors, that's all you need to know to satisfy your consciousness.

After all who the gently caress knows what progressive means. I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

bernie has one thousandth the charm or charisma support from the Democratic establishment campaign obama had.

More accurate.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Remember, all you need to do is check whether your vote is deemed progressive(TM)(R)(C) by the collective of PACs And Other Sponsors, that's all you need to know to satisfy your consciousness.

After all who the gently caress knows what progressive means. I don't.

Favouring social reform.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sorry for my previous posting, it was all an elaborate joke (troll) and the point is that voting for Hillary Clinton is voting for a war criminal, and I'm not kidding, because the Iraq War was a war crime - hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives. If you look at the effects of destabilizing the middle east, that number reaches the millions. And how many more were displaced or otherwise had their lives ruined? That's no joke. Hillary Clinton is literally a war criminal, because she voted for and was complicit in a war of aggression.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fluo posted:

Favouring social reform.

You would think so, but social reform seems to barely factor into the electoral behaviour of the real progressive lightbearers.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

If you are OK voting for a war criminal, someone who would be convicted by the standards of Nuremberg, that's your decision. Just be completely honest with what you are voting for, and what that represents. And when you vote, pull the lever with the mental image of millions of dead and suffering people.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Accelerationism is pretty dumb but I'm never going to vote for Hillary. If Sanders doesn't pull off a miracle I'll just vote for Jill Stein.

This is a very smart thing to do and I encourage all very left-wing people in this thread to do the same! Vote your heart! I know I did in 2008 when I was Hill all the way to election day when I voted McCain instead. Spite those fuckers!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

I'm ok with peer pressure but I'm not ok with institutionalized pressure sponsored by Citigroup.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

You would think so, but social reform seems to barely factor into the electoral behaviour of the real progressive lightbearers.

Because they are socially and economically comfortable and don't want to rock the boat. Do as we say not as we do.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

Sorry for my previous posting, it was all an elaborate joke (troll) and the point is that voting for Hillary Clinton is voting for a war criminal, and I'm not kidding, because the Iraq War was a war crime - hundreds of thousands of people lost their lives. If you look at the effects of destabilizing the middle east, that number reaches the millions. And how many more were displaced or otherwise had their lives ruined? That's no joke. Hillary Clinton is literally a war criminal, because she voted for and was complicit in a war of aggression.

A homicidal sociopath who escaped institutionalization, and Mr. Kissinger.

A politician responsible for fetishizing death kisses a chief Nixon's policy expert.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Henry Kissinger is a great person, and is totally not culpable for the deaths of millions of innocent southeast Asians for cynical political reasons. It is good that he is honored and embraced by Hillary Clinton.

That is also trolling, I don't actually believe that, because that is a picture of two literal war criminals.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Hillary Clinton is a reptoid space criminal. This is not coded antisemitism, because Bernie Sanders is a confirmed one hundred percent human being, and is also Jewish.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Under the vegetable posted:

Hillary Clinton is a reptoid space criminal.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TEAYCHES posted:

Henry Kissinger is a great person, and is totally not culpable for the deaths of millions of innocent southeast Asians for cynical political reasons. It is good that he is honored and embraced by Hillary Clinton.

That is also trolling, I don't actually believe that, because that is a picture of two literal war criminals.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Henry Kissinger is an old white male. The jury is out on whether Bill Clinton falls into the same category.

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

look how faded your poo poo is

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, let's embrace defeatism and vote for a despicable status quo candidate instead, because we need our vote to matter!

The joke didn't work. The slash edit on his original post was intended to say "your 'if scenario is 100% certain". "Good for you :effort:" was supposed to be dismissive because there is a near-absolute certainty that Bernie will not win, and "going full acceleration" is an asinine choice to make. The joke/sarcasm was poorly executed.

Essentially his statement was like "I'm all for getting into shape, but if this late night infomercial miracle cure doesn't fix it, gently caress exercise, I'm just going to eat lard from now on."

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

As a poor non-white woman, I plan on voting for Sanders in the primary, left as possible on all down-ticket races, and for Clinton when she gets the nomination, because Sanders sure as hell isn't going to get it. I also think Sanders is better off staying in Congress pushing his agenda instead of president with a GOP congress.

Also, lol if you think people are voting for Hillary because she's a woman, it's because we're terrified of the Supreme Court with a GOP president.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

As a poor non-white woman, I plan on voting for Sanders in the primary

internalized misogyny spotted

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Segmentation Fault posted:

internalized misogyny spotted

quote:

As a poor non-white woman, I plan on voting for Sanders in the primary, left as possible on all down-ticket races, and for Clinton when she gets the nomination, because Sanders sure as hell isn't going to get it.

Swing and a miss, baby.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gen. Ripper posted:

Swing and a miss, baby.

Making the Venerable Lady of Corporations a second order candidate, what a sham.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Gen. Ripper posted:

Swing and a miss, baby.

oh no my shitpost isn't 100% accurate *votes for the token candidate instead of the one promising real social justice*

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Making the Venerable Lady of Corporations a second order candidate, what a sham.

oh no my shitpost isn't 100% accurate *votes for the token candidate instead of the one promising real social justice*
I am saying what everyone else you have been arguing with has been saying. loving no one in this thread (except MIGF maybe) is voting for Clinton in the primary. No one here is voting for her just because she's a woman, jfc.

I also don't think Sanders is that great on race and that fixing our economic issues will not fix all or even most of racism in this country.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I also don't think Sanders is that great on race and that fixing our economic issues will not fix all or even most of racism in this country.

sanders isnt great on race because as a white man he is predestined to always be a shitlord

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cliff Racer posted:

This is a very smart thing to do and I encourage all very left-wing people in this thread to do the same! Vote your heart! I know I did in 2008 when I was Hill all the way to election day when I voted McCain instead. Spite those fuckers!

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but I can guess it's pretty dumb.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
D&D, where there is no room for pragmatism in how you vote.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
So is Jim Webb a possibility for running to Hilary's right? Bernie finishes cornering the populist wing, and here comes a moderate Democrat war hero Reagan appointee to "balance out" the primary and make Hilary seem charming and palatable.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

sanders isnt great on race because as a white man he is predestined to always be a shitlord

The white persecution complex is the greatest thing to exist, and by "greatest" I mean "worst".

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Gen. Ripper posted:

The white persecution complex is the greatest thing to exist, and by "greatest" I mean "worst".

same, but white man's burden being unironically applied to social justice

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

AndNowMax posted:

make Hilary seem charming and palatable.

lets not be farcical

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AndNowMax posted:

make Hilary seem charming and palatable.

Are they going to clone Lindbergh? (Though Lindbegh would probably win over Hillary)

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

same, but white man's burden being unironically applied to social justice
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. He's certainly not bad on race, but I definitely wish he was better.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. He's certainly not bad on race, but I definitely wish he was better.

I was more referring to ~*white male allies*~ and their view on social justice being a white man's burden that ends up just being an exercise of vanity

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Vote for banks, or vote for wars. Same thing happened in 2004. Pick one.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Spoilers, if it's Hillary vs a Republican, you're voting for both banks AND wars no matter what you do.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SpeedGem posted:

Vote for banks, or vote for wars. Same thing happened in 2004. Pick one.

I'd vote for Philip Banks if he was running

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I was more referring to ~*white male allies*~ and their view on social justice being a white man's burden that ends up just being an exercise of vanity

And you think you're a good ally though?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are people really that upset by Clinton they would throw their vote away? Because it's like the most immature temper tantrum thing to throw your vote away because the candidate you liked in the primary lost.

Every politician has skeletons in their closet, and they act based on current voting trends and desires not on what the skeleton in the closet is telling them. Hillary in 2016 will be much more to the left than Bill was in his term because trends have shifted. Will she be an ideal candidate? No.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I plan on voting for Bernie in the primary, just because I like him better, but Hillary is a great choice too.

And the Iraq War vote is a strange hill to die on. She was a freshman senator voting on an issue supported by over 60% of her constituents. And yes, she was making the cynical choice to go with the popular will. But you can't equate that with the crimes committed by Bush Administration officials like John Yoo.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Are people really that upset by Clinton they would throw their vote away? Because it's like the most immature temper tantrum thing to throw your vote away because the candidate you liked in the primary lost.

Every politician has skeletons in their closet, and they act based on current voting trends and desires not on what the skeleton in the closet is telling them. Hillary in 2016 will be much more to the left than Bill was in his term because trends have shifted. Will she be an ideal candidate? No.

gently caress hillary though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

what do heroic bloodshed movies have to do with the iraq war

• Locked thread