Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Who are the best summoners in the game right now? I have 3 mr sinister uniques and I am wondering who I should level for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iceman
Bobby Drake
The Gay Guy

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hawkeye isn't a summoner.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was thinking of getting iceman anyway so that's good. Who else? is a SW summon build viable at all with that unique she has?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I was thinking of getting iceman anyway so that's good. Who else? is a SW summon build viable at all with that unique she has?

No

SG and Bobby "Full Gay" "Ice Man" Drake are good pet characters. Rocket is better as a gunner. Pets from items are almost always just flavor items, with one or two very specific exceptions

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
as somebody who has full BiS gear on RR I still feel sorry for the people playing turret spec

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That TTK on NC is 58s just FYI. Best it's gonna get.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Soothing Vapors posted:

No

SG and Bobby "Full Gay" "Ice Man" Drake are good pet characters. Rocket is better as a gunner. Pets from items are almost always just flavor items, with one or two very specific exceptions

What are those exceptions? Is there anyone else besides iceman and squirrel girl?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

What are those exceptions? Is there anyone else besides iceman and squirrel girl?

Tippy Toe's Bow (SG unique) is the only one that comes to mind, but I'm sure some autist will come in here with UM EXCUSE ME U FORGOT LORD WIZARDINGTON''S CLOAK OF SHITFUCKERY or whatever. Once you start gearing a pet class for pet damage, every pet will hit a little harder and add a little DPS, but it's not worth building a non-pet class around

Iceman, SG, Rogue, and Rocket are the classes with at least semi-reasonable pet builds. Of those, Iceman and SG are good at it. Rocket's viable if it's something you want to do. Pet rogue is lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gib we have been doing it wrong. If we want to consistently kill green bosses in 10 seconds, we need to spec into Amadeus Cho

:suicide:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Not another Amadeus Cho believer- I remember the guy who was convinced of that when Star-Lord was the new hotness.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Also gotta dig your unblessed pluvian out of cold storage

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also gotta dig your unblessed pluvian out of cold storage
don't forget your purple ring!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

To be fair, he's got a faster time for killing green bosses than me because who the gently caress runs green terminals.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, he's got a faster time for killing green bosses than me because who the gently caress runs green terminals.

i run 11 every day i have time to do cube shards

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
my cosmo run of juggy was hellish though

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

This is the same Vision you brought to the axis raid I take it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
is it just me, or is ultron mode not giving any xp? I don't think I got a single omega for the entire run I just did.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Baby Proof posted:

PSA: If you're even thinking about playing a summoner hero, you should be running Ultron mode to get an Iron Legion Armor Sheath or two. It seems to be a relatively common drop right now, and high rolls are stupidly good. It's basically a HoD with the addition of 2000+ health and +2 to summon powers.
Can it drop from Silver chests? I have yet to see a pub group get more than a single Gold one, and even that's not guaranteed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone who wants the Solo Achievements for them. And anyone who wants to try the Defeat Green Terminal Shocker Within 20 Seconds Of Entering The Terminal.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Ghostlight posted:

Everyone who likes Mk1 fortune cards? I run a full slate minus doom every day for the cube shards.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why arent there videos for every character where I can see what everyones powers look like.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

How is Ghost Rider?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

net cafe scandal posted:

Why arent there videos for every character where I can see what everyones powers look like.

I actually might do this once finals are over

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Eiffel On You posted:

This is the same Vision you brought to the axis raid I take it
lol I didn't realise it wouldn't let me change character once I was in the raid and then I figured I'd give it a go since he can do cosmics.

Fat_Cow posted:

How is Ghost Rider?
Ghost Rider is a cool dude who clears terminals on his bike and can be a skull wizard or chain warrior.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

While everybody is super active, :siren: I will be taking sign ups later this week for the SUPER 96 BRACKET CHALLENGE :siren:

As we know, it was a superb success and it's time to roll it out again for JUNE. We have a ways to go as I won't start it until Dr. Doom is released and I know the timeline for Thing 52 release.

I have a general idea of how each round will go and gifts and money will be spread out. I saved $10 from vandee last round and I'll contribute another $50 to winner, so $60 comes from me.

Many of us know how this works. I'll make the formal announcement later this week.

Quick hits:

First, LOL if you get Deadpool. Unless you're Victis, who is simply pretty good at this game (and a cool guy to boot).

Second, here's how gifts go out:

Top 16: $5 a piece
Top 8: $10 a piece
Top 4: $20 a piece
Winner: $50

This breaks down to: $40+$40+$60+$50=$190 total.

I'm putting up $60. I'll hope we can get $130 donated (we had $220 last comp! We made use of all of it, incredible!)

If you want to donate, please let me know. I want to get that out early for you all to consider budgets.

I'll log everything as well, like last time for integrity.

Thirdly, I'll do a live draft and actually record it this time. I have a nice webcam finally and I'll honestly commit to doing it SportsCenter style for each round. Summer time is a "slow" period for me with work so I can do that.

For now, I'll have the rules and regulations up and ready later this week. We will get this party started and I CANNOT WAIT to roll with this. I'm pumped beyond belief.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hopefully you haven't "misplaced" the $200 worth of games I already donated.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
not super active right now, but the last contest was a blast so I'd love to be in this one too. hopefully we don't get as many crappy low effort entries this time around (you know who you are. phyresis)

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

NCAA Hopesman Winner 2008
Fallen Rib
I am in, and this is wonderful. Hoping I get something better than Colossus this time around :shobon:

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Sign me up

trem
Sep 17, 2009
Count me in too.

Hopefully I don't get taskmaster this time.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Hopefully you haven't "misplaced" the $200 worth of games I already donated.

Resident Evil and Broforce, got 'em.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Didn't SW go super far in this pre-rework? She's just gonna decimate the competition now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Didn't SW go super far in this pre-rework? She's just gonna decimate the competition now.

She did. But like all comps, we said Surfer would win it all. Didn't happen. :)

What's cool about this competition this time is:

The cheevs for running terms! You'll be working toward something new now too!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
betting the house on vision and nightcrawler

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hell I'll gift a costume to winner if NC makes it outta first round.

I think Viz will be buffed and improved by anniversary.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
More chances to showcase my musical talents

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Redheaded and I are up for the Super 96. Gimme Loki again, I don't even give a gently caress. Gimme Deadpool, Cable, Taskmaster, or Nightcrawler and I'll still dominate. Just for the love of Odin don't give me Daredevil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
sign me up again it was really fun last time.

• Locked thread