Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Apparently no one wants to 200cc anymore cause finding full matches is a bitch :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hi here's another question: is there an advantage to using standard bikes over sport bikes? I like the inside drift but I also like the look of some of the standard bikes but I don't see an advantage to using one of them over the one with better drifts and better acceleration.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Reiley posted:

Hi here's another question: is there an advantage to using standard bikes over sport bikes? I like the inside drift but I also like the look of some of the standard bikes but I don't see an advantage to using one of them over the one with better drifts and better acceleration.

No advantage is ever worth giving up inside drifting.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I like Yoshi on the Sport bike. I dunno why, but I do and it's glorious. Feel I can always ride turns on the inside when drifting, although my 200cc experience is lacking, so can't speak much for that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Reiley posted:

Just think of them as karts with a bike skin, which is essentially what they are.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sulphix posted:

I like Yoshi on the Sport bike. I dunno why, but I do and it's glorious. Feel I can always ride turns on the inside when drifting, although my 200cc experience is lacking, so can't speak much for that.

The Yoshi bike itself is an inside drift bike too.... :yoshi:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Alabaster White posted:

Just think of them as karts with a bike skin, which is essentially what they are.

Yeah, but motorcycles are :krad:

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
i use bowser with the bear atv because i have learned nothing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can win with any setup if you believe in yourself

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Action Shakespeare posted:

No. Bowser on Standard ATV with Monster tires. No acceleration. No handling. All weight and traction. 200cc :getin:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Donkey Kong on the bear ATV with the button wheels is my go-to setup. :hfive:

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

4.1 update out. 200cc and mirror mode for everyone. Not sure what else.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dear Mario Kart 8, please hit a different racer with your items now and then.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

XtraSmiley posted:

4.1 update out. 200cc and mirror mode for everyone. Not sure what else.

Grass was buffed.

(You can't take shortcuts in baby park or dragon driftway now)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kinda lame. The grass drifting was the best part of Baby Park in 200cc.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Just got this, 200cc is mad, but my F-zero GX skills are paying off big time.

Does anyone know if the stat lines on the new cars have been uploaded anywhere? I want to update the :siren: Mario Kart Spreadsheet :siren: to figure out if anything is better than, Super Heavy, Sport Bike, Roller, Acceleration Glider.

Also are there new goon rooms?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Just got this, 200cc is mad, but my F-zero GX skills are paying off big time.

Does anyone know if the stat lines on the new cars have been uploaded anywhere? I want to update the :siren: Mario Kart Spreadsheet :siren: to figure out if anything is better than, Super Heavy, Sport Bike, Roller, Acceleration Glider.

Also are there new goon rooms?

Higher speed/lower cornering and acceleration are a huge liability in 200cc, so while it's the "best" stats-wise you're not going to have much control and will fly off corners. Most people are recommending a switch to light characters for 200cc.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Even as light characters you will fly off into the abyss on each turn, but at least you accelerate fast with a lighter vehicle.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8

Also, I would love to see this spreadsheet so I don't have to go and make my own.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Can't believe people are sharing their loadouts, I wouldn't let everyone else know the secret to winning all the time :colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

Can't believe people are sharing their loadouts, I wouldn't let everyone else know the secret to winning all the time :colbert:

The secret to winning all the time is believing in yourself, hth.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6W67H4zpai1ZEw5Vi1SOXpfams/view?usp=sharing

Quick update of the spreadsheet.

A quick glance suggests there might be an optimal point using medium heavy, scooty, slim tyres and acceleration parachutes.

So the spreadsheet will highlight on the front page the main items that lead to optimal loadouts based on your stat preferences. I just wish I knew how to write up a formula at the bottom that could selectively add up the stats of a set constructed by someone based on whether the cell was highlighted or not.

Ah well.

Edit: Also on 200cc, I haven't really had a problem with heavy dudes, generally you just have to start cornering super early and it seems fine.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only worthy rival to my incredible Mark Kart power is Hoppers and his accursed Toadette.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
So is this basically F-Zero U now?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

sincx posted:

So is this basically F-Zero U now?

Well, let's see.....

Antigravity? Check
Crazy track design? Check
Ludicrous speed? Check when doing 200cc
Does it have the Blue Falcon, Mute City, and Big Blue? Check

So I guess, yes? Only thing missing is the anal-rape without lube difficulty. And an impossible to beat Story Mode. :v:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Starhawk64 posted:

Well, let's see.....

Antigravity? Check
Crazy track design? Check
Ludicrous speed? Check when doing 200cc
Does it have the Blue Falcon, Mute City, and Big Blue? Check

So I guess, yes? Only thing missing is the anal-rape without lube difficulty. And an impossible to beat Story Mode. :v:

i have a much easier time turning in GX than 200cc... unless im missing something

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
200cc is fast enough that you can brake while maintaining a drift. Crucial for turns.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I had a blast with the snes f-zero, but tried F-Zero X and could not figure out how to reliably turn worth a drat.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Starhawk64 posted:

anal-rape without lube difficulty

an adult analogy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Imagine four controllers plugged into a console and the tangled mess. That difficulty??

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
i wish there was a premade phrase for "stop loving picking cheese land"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i wish there was a premade phrase for "stop loving picking cheese land"
im using tilt controls

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Some people are monsters and the random number generator was too.

I was online in Worldwide. For 4-5 races, Ribbon Road would come up as a choice, and 90% or more would vote for Ribbon Road, but one person would vote for something else and every time we ended up the non-Ribbon Road level.

One time it was literally 11 people voting for Ribbon Road, 1 for something else, and we land on something else.

It was like something out of an ironic Twilight Zone.

It is just common courtesy that if you've been in a room all night, and people keep trying to go to one track and the vote fails, you should keep voting for that track too when it reappears because obviously a lot of people want to go there.

Mario Kart DS did have a good system; you could vote for any track you wanted (not just pick from 1 of 4). Still, it is good that it prevents going to the same track time after time, but that isn't always a bad thing.

In conclusion, if you don't vote for "Ribbon Road" there is something very wrong with you.

I can understand, however, if you vote instead for at least another super popular track such as an F-Zero level, but when it is Ribbon Road or Moo Moo Meadows and you vote for Moo Moo Meadows and then we all go to Moo Moo Meadows you don't deserve to play Mario Kart 8!

I wonder if we'll ever get any more DLC for Mario Kart 8. The amount of cups we have right now "fills up the screen" pretty much. I'd gladly take more courses, but I think they wouldn't want to mess up the aesthetically pleasing menu.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 4, 2015

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Anybody who either votes for Moo Moo Meadows or doesn't vote for Electrodrome on the extremely rare occasion it comes up automatically gets put on my shitlist

And if the two intersect, God help the person who voted for Moo Moo Meadows

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Don't forgot about the people who pick random. There's always one troll who picks random and guess what? IT LANDS ON RANDOM! :argh:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I like moo moo meadows

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I pick Mount Wario over all.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
gently caress every track that isn't Baby Park, Animal Crossing, or Big Blue.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dizz posted:

gently caress every track that isn't Baby Park, Animal Crossing, or Big Blue.

I don't see Electrodrome or Excitebike in your list. Shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Cheeseland is my favorite desert course in the game. Maybe because it's so short.

• Locked thread