Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
The past two episodes have been classic AD. Last night's more so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I don't know how much longer this show's going to be on, but I do hope they make some kind of reference to that ending.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No new eps till May 18th? :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

"I just shrunk down a real bandshell and stole it like Lex Luthor."

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The_Doctor posted:

Just take Yeller out back and shoot him already goddamnit.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The_Doctor posted:

drat, they haven't even been back from their winter break that long

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Who would have thought in a world where Fox exists there actually exists a channel that's worse at scheduling animated shows?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Frostwerks posted:

Who would have thought in a world where Fox exists there actually exists a channel that's worse at scheduling animated shows?

Disney XD? Being a Gravity Falls fan is a nightmare. Big gaps between episodes all the time, and now they're actively on a hiatus. :cripes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"My son, the astronaut doctor. Just like the psychic painted."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is this show over, or what's the deal?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

boom boom boom posted:

Is this show over, or what's the deal?

It returns May 18th.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

TBS is making Fox's scheduling department look competent. Think about that.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I like how TBS is all hype like "Hey! You miss American Dad on Fox and think they did the wrong thing by canceling it?! Well it's back on TBS, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" ad nauseam every commercial break at beginning of the current television season.

Then show like three episodes so far.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Could be worse; there was a nearly 3 month long hiatus I think between the Fox->TBS transition. Still, it's just about shameful.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Now keep in mind they bought another season after this one. I should be collecting my first social security check by the time the show ends.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Considering TBS had the good sense to buy it instead of greenlighting another godawful multi-cam, or just adding another 2 hours of BBT, I'm willing to give them a pass for their odd scheduling. The quality has been on par with what was on Fox, and as of today we are guaranteed at least another 30 episodes, bringing the total to well over 200.

I think I'm the only one but I wish TBS would have picked up The Cleveland Show too. I don't think it's nearly as bad as the TV IV threads made it out to be, and in addition to being one of very few black family comedies on TV, they really tried to make the show something other than just Family Guy lite.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Cleveland Show is too dead as I believe Cleveland has returned to Family Guy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Cleveland Show never really went anywhere. I watched all of it except the last season or so, but it never hit its stride like AD did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It didn't help that every character was just boring.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah that was the main issue. There was no standout.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I liked the first.... season and a half? two and a half seasons? Of The Cleveland Show. But somewhere the show just kinda lost its energy and funniness. It helped that one of my friends is exactly like Holt.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Cleveland Show really just felt like people taking the discarded jokes off the Family Guy writing floor and recycling them. It wasn't horrible, but it was excessively bland and never found its own voice.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Cleveland Show was thirty minutes of animation. I watched at least two seasons of it, and I don't think I ever laughed once, or ever had the urge to turn it off partway through an episode, and I remember almost nothing about it now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

boom boom boom posted:

The Cleveland Show was thirty minutes of animation. I watched at least two seasons of it, and I don't think I ever laughed once, or ever had the urge to turn it off partway through an episode, and I remember almost nothing about it now.

The first season was total garbage. The second season improved greatly only to go to hell in the third and fourth seasons. Cleveland is just not an interesting character.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The hardest I ever laughed at Cleveland Show was the gas leak/dumb giggling joke. That particular gag stood out to me.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I remember there was a flashback where every line of dialogue referenced the time period the flashback was set in, and I enjoyed that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

The hardest I ever laughed at Cleveland Show was the gas leak/dumb giggling joke. That particular gag stood out to me.

The King of the Hill joke made me laugh my rear end off since it was so unexpected.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

The Nastier Nate posted:

Family Guy dark.

FTFY.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

The first season was total garbage. The second season improved greatly only to go to hell in the third and fourth seasons. Cleveland is just not an interesting character.

The problem was that Fox wanted a Family Guy spin off and Cleveland is the only character that even approached being able to carry a show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Gas leak clip is the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziy5gLeb_iY

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

The problem was that Fox wanted a Family Guy spin off and Cleveland is the only character that even approached being able to carry a show.

Mayor Adam West would've worked a lot better.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

The Quagmire Show could have probably been really popular, but then he probably wouldn't be on FG after that. I thought they managed to make Clevaland decently interesting, at least when the show was good, so they could have made Quagmire more dynamic to suit being the main character on a show instead of just a wacky side character.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

The_Doctor posted:

If it makes you feel any better, the title of the next episode is "Holy poo poo, Jeff's Back!".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The weirdest change for The Cleveland Show spin off was brining back Junior and making him a big fat nerd.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

The weirdest change for The Cleveland Show spin off was brining back Junior and making him a big fat nerd.

It was the best change because in the show fat junior was a spy who strangled and replaced original junior and nobody noticed.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

boom boom boom posted:

I remember that there was a commercial in which wrestler Ric Flair suplexed a canoe.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 6, 2015

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

I still sort of am surprised they didn't use Mort as a more consistent Cleveland replacement in Family Guy. At the same time, I sort of wish that Mort and not Cleveland had gotten the spin off show and used everything else the exact same way.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Cleveland Show sucked because it never really found an identity beyond "this resembles Family Guy if you squint at it long enough". American Dad's writers were smart enough to realize that wouldn't work and found their own style really early on.

Also if there was any character from FG that warranted a spinoff, it probably would have been Joe.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

HorseRenoir posted:

Cleveland Show sucked because it never really found an identity beyond "this resembles Family Guy if you squint at it long enough". American Dad's writers were smart enough to realize that wouldn't work and found their own style really early on.

Also if there was any character from FG that warranted a spinoff, it probably would have been Joe.

yeah the only reason they didn't give Joe one was probably due to American Dad being a thing, and having two McFarlane shows about someone in Law Enforcement would have been conflicting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Neo Helbeast posted:

It was the best change because in the show fat junior was a spy who strangled and replaced original junior and nobody noticed.

The only character I liked at all was Cleveland Jr and the whole, "is he really smart or really dumb" bits. Also, he has telekinesis sometimes for some reason???