Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Haven't done the ds2 dlc yet, I'm going to get the ps4 version later this year to check it out, since I've already played like 150 hours of ds2 and want more of a break before I start that again. Haven't done ng+ Bborne yet either, I'm interested to see how much harder it gets.

ds2 dlc is as good as base dark souls 1 and ng+ bb does not gently caress around but you get an insane amount of souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

ds2 dlc is as good as base dark souls 1 and ng+ bb does not gently caress around but you get an insane amount of souls

Cool. Is there an accepted pvp range yet? I'm planning my current build around leveling to 100 but idk if that's going to net me many invasions in ng+

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cool. Is there an accepted pvp range yet? I'm planning my current build around leveling to 100 but idk if that's going to net me many invasions in ng+

100 is pretty safe, wouldn't go higher than that. 100 also makes sure you can be strong enough to handle NG+

Also NG and NG+ aren't divided in their player pools, it's all level and that's it.

For reference my highest character is 125 and I still get a decent stream of invasions/getting invaded at Mergo's Loft.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

abhorrent beast can eat my dick!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The secret final boss is so gross looking and does some absolutely crazy poo poo!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The secret final boss is so gross looking and does some absolutely crazy poo poo!

it manages to be an awesome boss in spite of being ridiculously easy

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i really like it's gimick because it forces you to be extremly agressive i dont' nkow

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i want to fight her but it looks like i will have to farm mats soon for the last two rituals and i dont want to do that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

i want to fight her but it looks like i will have to farm mats soon for the last two rituals and i dont want to do that.

oh i meant the one after you eat the umbilical cord. im working on the chalice stuff now and im like halfway there and its starting to recycle bosses and im not feeling it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

oh i meant the one after you eat the umbilical cord. im working on the chalice stuff now and im like halfway there and its starting to recycle bosses and im not feeling it.

they're boring for the most part

i visceral attacked a guy and he told me i have no honor.... ;_;

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the unique bosses are really good but the dungeons are not even challenging anymore.. i dont think i can make it to the great ihyll chalice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Using the cannon to get the final hit on bosses is so satisfying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok, now I'm going to start ng+ and see how much harder it is. Im going to write down my current play time and see how quickly I can rush to the bad ending

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It would be nice if in bloodborne you could go take a boss' dried up blood to a weird bird lady to exchange it for a cool new weapon

hunters tools would have been great boss rewards. also more key items that can be broken down into gems but also have other uses if you don't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

its really loving hard

i have beaten gascione and am approaching vicar and havent died yet. everything has a ton of health though, i can imagine the second half of this game is gonna be miserable and require flawless boss performances

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

you probably levelled up your character much better than i did, i started a 2nd one with the intent of taking that into a serious NG+ run

Same, my first character was super spread out and poorly optimized, which I usually do for first runs (go in blind and just do whatever I need to beat the game). Then I read up on poo poo and min/maxed a wheel user for ng+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vicar Amelia has like, 30000 health :stare:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

hows the whip, i summoned some japanese dude who terrorized the blood starved beast with it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SM64Guy posted:

hows the whip, i summoned some japanese dude who terrorized the blood starved beast with it

its good for range on bosses and geometry abuse but the damage sucks for late game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whip is good, it's what I used for most of my first character before switching to Ludwigs about 1/2 through

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Whip is good, it's what I used for most of my first character before switching to Ludwigs about 1/2 through

i used the axe on my first character but i got tired of it because it was too good and samey. its like the claymore from dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i used the axe on my first character but i got tired of it because it was too good and samey. its like the claymore from dark souls

whip is good to mix things up because the damage output is never going to let you brute force enemies. it makes you kinda toe the line of their range all the time and try to just hit them at the edge of your hit box. it's fun and mobile

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whip is good to mix things up because the damage output is never going to let you brute force enemies. it makes you kinda toe the line of their range all the time and try to just hit them at the edge of your hit box. it's fun and mobile

agreed. i'm glad it was my starting weapon.
Axe is too good for a starter imo. cleaver is pretty good balance.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

cool, maybe i;ll check it out once im swimming in the twin shards, ive been using saw cleaver and its been pretty fun

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

All of the skill weapons seem kinda bad in a way

they require you to get a hit or two in then get out of the way instead of rely on being able to stun enemies, or start hitting from far enough away that you can make them flinch before they get a hit in. i really like blades of mercy but as far as i can tell beast claws are the same idea but better implemented

SM64Guy posted:

this except ludwig's

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

01011001 posted:

they require you to get a hit or two in then get out of the way instead of rely on being able to stun enemies, or start hitting from far enough away that you can make them flinch before they get a hit in. i really like blades of mercy but as far as i can tell beast claws are the same idea but better implemented

BoM= better damage; nothing else in this game can just poo poo out 4K in one stamina bar
Claw=better *potential* damage and better stun.

Skill PvE/PvP= Muhammad Ali

the best weapon combo I've run is a tie between Ludwig/Cannon and BoM/Burial. Claws are too slow and high risk to be considered better. They are 100% cooler though, and have a better alt heavy swing. burial blade sword form is funny to use against NPC hunters because they dodge at the same angle every time to you can just spam r1 until they backdash out of range.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I found the whip to be only useful against the Pthumerian Queen since the reach is useful for preventing her baby screams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqb6x9f97y4

She's pretty easy otherwise. After going through some awful boss fights to get to her, the game rewards you with a pretty easy fight.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm still loving the kirkhammer. it mixes two of my favorite souls movesets: longsword and zweihander

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there anything i could be doing other than forbidden woods at the moment? (aside from running chalice dungeons)

there's the hunter's workshop, but the top of that has a locked door i can't access...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

is there anything i could be doing other than forbidden woods at the moment? (aside from running chalice dungeons)

there's the hunter's workshop, but the top of that has a locked door i can't access...

what bosses have you already beat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

hemwick, the gaol, and old yarnam are optional at that point and if you talk to the first house in the woods you get a key to another place too.

FagtasticalMondays
Oct 10, 2013

Hows the multiplayer fairing these days? Half-decent or ruined by gimmick builds jobbing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

what bosses have you already beat

paarl, witches, amelia and of course blood starved, cleric and gascoigne

i also did part of the crow lady's questline and killed that rear end in a top hat in yellow robes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

paarl, witches, amelia and of course blood starved, cleric and gascoigne

i also did part of the crow lady's questline and killed that rear end in a top hat in yellow robes

you can continue down forbidden woods and you can also find an item that will let you get to a new location, but the woods are pretty much it atm for you.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

FagtasticalMondays posted:

Hows the multiplayer fairing these days? Half-decent or ruined by gimmick builds jobbing.

both. all the BoM/bloodtinge people can be countered by lead elixir.. they have no idea what to do when the one thing they always do stops working

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
bloodborne is the best souls game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

bloodborne is the best souls game

Probably. I want to say personally that demons is still better but that's probably a mixture of it being my first souls game (and the first game I owned for PS3) and not having played it a while after hundreds and hundreds of hours of DSI/II and Bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The way things are going, I bet in like 5 to 6 years there's a PS4 box set of The Collected Works of Miyazaki ala the Kojima Legacy Collection that has all the souls game in one box. Imagine all the sick poo poo that would come with the collectors edition of that game...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The way things are going, I bet in like 5 to 6 years there's a PS4 box set of The Collected Works of Miyazaki ala the Kojima Legacy Collection that has all the souls game in one box. Imagine all the sick poo poo that would come with the collectors edition of that game...

tiny plastic solaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
U know whats cool..... therell probably be at least 1 more miyazaki game for the ps4.