Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

please stop disliking Star Wars.

Stop creating bad movies and books about Star Wars.

Also, May the Fourth be with you! :v:

70AD: The Jewish Revolt ends in defeat:
  • 14th of Xanthicos (14th of Nisan, about April 14) – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus surrounds the Jewish capital, with three legions (V Macedonica, XII Fulminata and XV Apollinaris) on the western side and a fourth (X Fretensis) on the Mount of Olives to the east. He puts pressure on the food and water supplies of the inhabitants by allowing pilgrims to enter the city to celebrate Passover and then refusing them egress. :owned:
  • About April 21 – Titus opens a full-scale assault on Jerusalem, concentrating his attack on the city's Third Wall (HaHoma HaShlishit) to the northwest. The Roman army begins trying to breach the wall using testudos, mantlets, siege towers, and battering rams.
  • 7th of Artemisios (7th of Iyar, about May 6) – The Third Wall of Jerusalem collapses and the Jews withdraw from Bezetha to the Second Wall, where the defenses are disorganized.
  • 12th of Artemisios (12th of Iyar, about May 11) – Titus and his Roman legions breach the Second Wall of Jerusalem. The Jewish defenders retreat to the First Wall. The Romans start building a circumvallation, all trees within 90 stadia (ca. fifteen kilometres) of the city are cut down.
  • 21st of Artemisios (about May 20 or 21) – A "certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon", "chariots and troops" seen running in the clouds around Jerusalem.
  • Pentecost (Shavuot, 6th of Sivan, about June 4) – Priests in Temple in Jerusalem feel a quaking and hear "a sound as of a great multitude saying, Let us remove hence".
  • 17th of Panemos (17th of Tammuz), about July 14) – Sacrifices cease in the temple.
  • 24th of Panemos[6] (about July 20) – Romans set fire to cloister after capture of the Fortress of Antonia north of the Temple Mount. The Romans are drawn into street fighting with the Zealots.
  • 10th of Loios[7] (9th or 10th of Ab, about August 4) – Titus destroys the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Roman troops are stationed in Jerusalem and abolish the Jewish high priesthood and Sanhedrin. This becomes known as the Fall of Jerusalem, a conclusive event in the First Jewish-Roman War (the Jewish Revolt), which began in 66 AD. Following this event, the Jewish religious leadership moves from Jerusalem to Jamnia (present day Yavne), and this date is mourned annually as the Jewish fast of Tisha B'Av. :911:
  • August – Titus lays siege to the Upper City of Jerusalem.
  • 8th of Gorpiaios (8th of Elul, about September 2) – Romans gain control of all of Jerusalem and proceed to burn it and kill its remaining residents, except for some who are taken captive to be killed later or made slaves.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what the gently caress

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Also, May the Fourth be with you! :v:

1-3 were fun but bad movies

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

joeburz posted:

another interview next week, again without selling out my soul to a defense contract company. time to ride dueling job offers :slick:

and donate it all to bernie sanders like a gbs poster

I'm jelly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

please stop

pleaes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

what the gently caress

*a 23- year-old with the title "Social Media Consultant" leans smugly back in his chair*

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Star Wars is antisemitic and the Empire is Israel and the rebellion is Palestine

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why are social media consultants always the squarest idiots around

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

paranoid randroid posted:

why are social media consultants always the squarest idiots around

because the people who need to hire "social media consultants" have no ability to discern who's not a square idiot and just recruits someone young through nepotism

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's cool and good that some guy is trying to become a politoons thread superstar by mindlesses posting rafts of old mallard fillmore cartoons.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
someone hire me as a social media consultant, ill have idiot 20somethings that use the word "hashtag" in conversation clamoring for charter schools or whatever stupid garbage youre peddling

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
zoux, tell us why 9/11 was such a disaster

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

someone hire me as a social media consultant, ill have idiot 20somethings that use the word "hashtag" in conversation clamoring for charter schools or whatever stupid garbage youre peddling

Yes but can you whatever the verb form of twitter and facebook are?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

zoux posted:

It's cool and good that some guy is trying to become a politoons thread superstar by mindlesses posting rafts of old mallard fillmore cartoons.

i mean if i cared about mallard at all it woul dbe a great series of posts but the tinsley is a scumfuck of the highest order and isn't worth my attention.

i prefer "latuff: anti-semite or anti-semitest" arguments myself

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

are you a 19 through 24 female who'd been all-state? if so, have I got the social media opening for you!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

joeburz posted:

i mean if i cared about mallard at all it woul dbe a great series of posts but the tinsley is a scumfuck of the highest order and isn't worth my attention.

i prefer "latuff: anti-semite or anti-semitest" arguments myself

personally I could do with some more tedious deconstruction of every jot and tittle of the weekly day by day, myself.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

je suis geller

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
OH GOD I BURST A BLISTER ON MY THUMB THERE'S PUSS EVERYWHERE

AND MY THUMB loving HURTS

GOD drat YOU STONE, drat YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

je suis geller

I will literally kill myself.

I am so loving irl dismayed by this poo poo because I really really don't want a Christian vs Muslim Holy World War in which millions of innocent Muslims are killed by western weapons but that is the road we are headed down.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

I am so loving irl dismayed by this poo poo because I really really don't want a Christian vs Muslim Holy World War in which millions of innocent Muslims are killed by western weapons but that is the road we are headed down.

If they don't eliminate terrorists from their midst, they're guilty.

Thus the legality of the Aalderan Incident.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

bro have you heard of the war on terror

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

zoux posted:

The first 3 or so were alright for the contrast with the other stuff but now it's just tedious having to scroll past walls of tinsleys

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Euphronius have you played the X-wing tabletop game?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Badger of Basra posted:

bro have you heard of the war on terror

it could get a lot worse

a lot

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

zoux posted:

but see it is satire

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LorrdErnie posted:

The first 3 or so were alright for the contrast with the other stuff but now it's just tedious having to scroll past walls of tinsleys

How did that poo poo even start?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

New season of Got looks weird.

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
lol lupita is playing a mo-cap alien

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The Warszawa posted:

lol lupita is playing a mo-cap alien

jar jar's sister inc

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

severus snape dies at the end

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Owns.

I wonder if the 501st will let you in if you have one of the new Imp outfits.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

goku would own the sith though imo

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
is it just me, or

is artisanal bread with craft sharp 12 year cheddar the best grilled cheese there is?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

is it just me, or

is artisanal bread with craft sharp 12 year cheddar the best grilled cheese there is?

hipsteeeerrr

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Everything about Star Wars owns. The terrible books own. The stupid characters own. The million superweapons in the EU own. The escalating playground my dad could beat up your dad thing between the Mandalorian and the Jedi owns. Star Wars is cool and good and you should never make the mistake of taking it seriously.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Berke Negri posted:

je suis geller

To be a martyr she has to die first. :rolleyes:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
je suis WILD like WILDER

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

are you saying you would not eat this grilled cheese for lunch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

je suis geert

• Locked thread