Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
##Advise Henry IV Salian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Rum is delicious. Let's ##advise Suleyman Seljuk. (Also, Malik Shah looks boringly powerful).

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
##advise Malik-Shah Seljuk

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This right here is a man destined for greatness if I have ever seen one. ##Advise Suleyman Seljuk.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Pretty much because the Seljuks would be too boring. Rûm all the way, baby.

Another Otter
May 14, 2012
##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

1) Advise whoever.
2) Tell them what Breech-Loading Rifles and Steam Engines are.
3) Win.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

##Advise the Count of Chuy, the last Manichean ruler left in 1081, and therefore probably extremely popular in modern Transoxiana
Gotta stand up for the Mazdans. If you want to crush Rome, support the return of REAL Persia, not Muslim pretenders.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Everybody knows Islam is the true religion of Byzantium. :colbert:

##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014
##Advise Henry IV Salian

Baseball may be doomed, but surely some other past time may spring forth should Christendom soldier on.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

So we can finally answer the question of where it went.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Take care of Armenia Minor, make sure the bigger Seljuks like you enough to intervene in the inevitable and perplexing Crusade for Greece, take Constantinople, now you are Roume?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Have to throw my lot in with ##Count of Chuy, of course.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Advise all

The "play" console command is beautiful.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Rincewind posted:

OOC: Optionally, provide an (out of character, CK2-mechanics-based) plan for any of these characters to destroy the Byzantine Empire (or at least prevent its resurgence). I've tried a few of these starts as test games, and it didn't go well. :v: The intermission will only be a generation or two long, so the clock is ticking!

Marry your first cousins until every family member is guaranteed to always have the "inbred" trait, and then marry every Byzantine you can.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
The Seljuks are a longshot at best. Think back to your Anatolian history classes - you know that they're almost as dysfunctional and treacherous as the Byzantines. ##Advise Nikephoros Palailogos ! The rot began with Alexios, and Old Nick is a dagger right at his throat!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rum, Byzantium, the Seljuks, it's all tied to the same history, the same ultimate goals. Vote Chuy, vote Change!

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
##Advise Malik-Shah Seljuk

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Skip ahead a century or two and ##Advise Chang Yuchan

You want to destroy Rome? You must first realize that the West IS Rome.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mantis42 posted:

I always thought Chang should have declared himself Caliph.

Maybe this time.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mantis42 posted:

I'll throw my support behind ##Advising Chang Yuchan. A glorious Eurasian spanning Chinese empire awaits!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
##Advise Henry IV Salian to reunite East and West!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Let's go right to the source, true CKII style.

##Advise Alexios Komnenos: Murder your children, siblings, and extended family. Grant independence to all vassals, smallest first. Destroy all titles you can. Raise all your levies and park them in a high attrition province during a severe winter. Assassinate the leaders of your neighbors until you die or Rome does.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Advise Malik-Shah Seljuk, because the possibility of beating Chang Yuchun's rear end and making him humble is too good to pass up

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
##Advise Chang Yuchun

Stick to your orders. Don't go to Europe. Especially don't go on a boat trip to Iberia.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Let's go right to the source, true CKII style.

##Advise Alexios Komnenos: Murder your children, siblings, and extended family. Grant independence to all vassals, smallest first. Destroy all titles you can. Raise all your levies and park them in a high attrition province during a severe winter. Assassinate the leaders of your neighbors until you die or Rome does.

Oooh, or be Alexios but install one of those Vampire mods so that he's there for the whole game. Alexiad Eterna!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

AJ_Impy posted:

##Advise Chang Yuchun

Stick to your orders. Don't go to Europe. Especially don't go on a boat trip to Iberia.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Luhood posted:

Everybody knows Islam is the true religion of Byzantium. :colbert:

##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Changing my older vote.

##Advice Zheng He! Take your navy to Europe, and assist Chang Yuchun in his quest to end the Mongol threat. I've heard Somalia is beautiful this time of the year.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
##Advise Suleyman Seljuk

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
##advise Suleyman Seljuk

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

##Advise Nikephoros Palaiologos
GunnerJ
TheMcD
ZearothK
AJ_Impy
Ghetto Prince

##Advise Suleyman Selçuklu
TheFlyingLlama
Hitlers Gay Secret
RabidWeasel
TheNabster
Ghostwoods
loquacius
TinTower
Another Otter
ZiegeDame
Ralepozozaxe
Soup du Jour
Aeromancia
Gravity Cant Apple

##Advise Malik-Shah Selçuklu
Freudian
crimea
Alikchi
Lord Cyrahzax
StrifeHira
tabris
Frontspac
Mr.Morgenstern
GSD
LordGugs
Semquais
Shawon Dunston
WeaponGradeSadness

##Advise Henry IV Salian
sheep-dodger
RZApublican
Sinner Sandwich
Arbite
Nuramor
Unwise_Cashew
frankenfreak

##Advise the Count of Chuy, the last Manichean ruler left in 1081, and therefore probably extremely popular in modern Transoxiana
NewMars
Rodyle
catlord

##Advise Ofaloaf the Ostrogoths (I have no idea how to play Attila; this is a horrible idea)
Raserys

##The Man Who Came Early
Lustful Man Hugs

##Advise Chang Yuchun, who will not be born for another 258 years
Mantis42
ThatBasqueGuy
AJ_Impy
dongsbot 9000

##Advise Zheng He, who will also not be born for like a zillion years. Also CK2 barely has naval mechanics. And also most of his voyages weren't even on the CK2 map. Good grief.
Luhood

:siren: Suleyman and Malik-Shah are tied! Since it's coming down to the wire, let me say a few things about Rum:

This thread very nearly was Blood in the Bosphorus: A Rum Paradox Mega-Campaign. A couple of things dissuaded me from it:

1.) I knew right off that bat that I wanted to center women in this story, and CK2 is shackled with the fact that Muslims are hard-coded to agnatic succession for whatever reason (so you'd never see Shajar al-Durr within the game mechanics). To be fair, somebody probably could write a very good LP that focuses on the women in the margins of a male-dominated state-- imagine a Paradox mega-campaign written from the perspective of that 24 scholarship genius daughter who'll never inherit and gets married to a cruel kinslaying impaler for an an alliance, or the mother of the claimant you had assassinated, or the brilliant wife who rules from behind the scenes of a weak husband, or an alternate history version of the Ottoman Sultanate of Women. That'd be really cool and somebody should totally do it. I, on the other hand, am a woman of simple tastes who just wanted to see cool ladies ride around on horses and fight with swords, so I just played as boring ol' Christians and clicked the gender equality button when I launched CK2 back when the LP started. I think that was the best decision for the kind of story I wanted to tell, but paradoxically it basically meant I couldn't write about a lot of feminist issues-- e.g., V2's Suffragette events all vanished down the memory hole; there would never be a Byzantine Sylvia Pankhurst. All of this is completely irrelevant to the intermission, which will only cover a ruler or two rather than a generations-long procession of men, but I felt like writing about this a bit in case anybody is curious about the ~*~*~LP process~*~*~

2.) I felt like the outcome of a Rum game might end up very similar to AzeriLP to the point of being redundant. Fortunately, as the Byzantines, we dodged that bullet, so we never became a revolutionary republic with a tricolor flag using a policy of tolerance to knit together a diverse population of Muslims and Christians in Anatolia in Victoria 2.

3.) Most importantly, I tried a bunch of test games and the Byzantines kicked my rear end all over Asia Minor. :v: Having the opportunity for revenge would feel a lot like going full circle. On the other hand, I'd probably need some very good advice from the thread to pull it off, since I sure couldn't on my own. :v:

EDIT: Of course, a run as Malik-Shah would also be quite appropriate, since in the actual LP Rum were kind of pushovers and were quickly absorbed by the Seljuks, who went on to be one of our main adversaries throughout CK2.

Empress Theonora fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 4, 2015

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
##Advise the Count of Chuy

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
##Advise Suleyman Selçuklu

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Rincewind posted:

##Advise Zheng He, who will also not be born for like a zillion years. Also CK2 barely has naval mechanics. And also most of his voyages weren't even on the CK2 map. Good grief.

Fine, fine! I know when a vote is not wanted!

##Advice Malik-Shah, true lord of all Turks

Luhood fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 4, 2015

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

##Advise Malik-Shah Selçuklu

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 4, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hey, massively out of place Chinese invasions are a staple of this LP. :colbert:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Rincewind posted:

2.) I felt like the outcome of a Rum game might end up very similar to AzeriLP to the point of being redundant. Fortunately, as the Byzantines, we dodged that bullet, so we never became a revolutionary republic with a tricolor flag using a policy of tolerance to knit together a diverse population of Muslims and Christians in Anatolia in Victoria 2.

3.) Most importantly, I tried a bunch of test games and the Byzantines kicked my rear end all over Asia Minor. :v: Having the opportunity for revenge would feel a lot like going full circle. On the other hand, I'd probably need some very good advice from the thread to pull it off, since I sure couldn't on my own. :v:

EDIT: Of course, a run as Malik-Shah would also be quite appropriate, since in the actual LP Rum were kind of pushovers and were quickly absorbed by the Seljuks, who went on to be one of our main adversaries throughout CK2.

If you actually survive you could make a point of focusing on the ~*real prize*~ of Persia rather than the infidel-stuffed backwater of Greece.

I have had a successful Rum campaign but I started at whichever start date has the most provinces, which helps, and it was like 10 major patches ago :v:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

##Advise whomever can be converted to Buddhism or Hinduism first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I am changing my vote from Malik-Shah to:

• Locked thread