Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Any word of when DC and Marvel's FCBD issues are hitting Comixology? From memory, they've been days late in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Any word of when DC and Marvel's FCBD issues are hitting Comixology? From memory, they've been days late in the past.

I dunno, but comiXology is having their own FCBD with a bunch of #1's. I could recommend almost everything on their list.
https://www.comixology.com/Spotlight-on-Free-Comics/list/6534

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
They're also doing a bunch of Image comics #1s, some of which are listed in that sale too, anyone not reading The Wicked + The Divine, Saga or Lazarus (the last two both have big omnibus editions out) should probably try the first issue at least, Bitch Planet and Deadly Class are okay too, I subscribed to Deadly Class, but I'm waiting for Bitch Planet to get a collected edition.

Anything good in the Red Sonja sale? I got some stuff in a recent sale where they had a big grab-bag of #1s I think for free and then #2 to about 6 dirt cheap which was pretty good if a bit cheesy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Legends of Red Sonja and the current ongoing are good. The prior ongoings are a bit more generic 'epic' fantasy but at these prices not a bad deal.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Big Star Wars sale. What's worth looking at?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

hup posted:

Big Star Wars sale. What's worth looking at?

I liked Wood's Star Wars series and the first little bit of Knights of the Old Republic. I've also heard good things about Legacy and Rogue Squadron. But if you have Marvel Unlimited see if any of that stuff is on there first.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat Hickman's entire Avengers/New Avengers is up for sale* as a prelude to Secret Wars.

*as a bundle. I don't think you can just grab a single issue.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 4, 2015

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat Hickman's entire Avengers/New Avengers is up for sale as a prelude to Secret Wars.

Wha......*eye twitches*

Well I guess I can finally get that New Avengers Annual.

Edit nope that one isn't on sale.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 4, 2015

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat Hickman's entire Avengers/New Avengers is up for sale* as a prelude to Secret Wars.

You can! https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=6529&lang=

Also is the Star Wars manga cool cause it looks like a hoot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They all say read for me so I wasn't sure :negative:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Unless there is more that isn't listed, that's just the run up until Time Runs Out.

EDIT: Well the whole things IS on sale I guess
Avengers
https://www.comixology.com/Avengers-by-Jonathan-Hickman-The-Complete-Series/bundle/916?916_pg=2
New Avengers
https://www.comixology.com/New-Avengers-by-Jonathan-Hickman-The-Complete-Series/bundle/925

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 4, 2015

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

$70 all together, eh? And this would be the entire run up to Secret Wars or is there anything else in between?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Opopanax posted:

$70 all together, eh? And this would be the entire run up to Secret Wars or is there anything else in between?

Infinity is the only thing missing.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Yeah Infinity isn't on sale but it's only another $12 for 6 issues that were $4 or $5 each when they came out. Still a decent price.
https://www.comixology.com/Infinity/comics-series/11126?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Are all those issues on MU? $70 is nearly a year's subscription.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

They will be in six months! The most recent issues came out last week

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

It's free this month so if you are a fast reader you could do that and then only have to pay for 12 issues (6 of NA/Avengers each) and be fully caught up.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And all you need to know about Inifinty is there are bad guys, they do bad things for a while, then the good guys win, also thanos is there and then thanos gets captured

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Week-5-Sale/page/6497?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

:siren: Greg Rucka's Batwoman run from Detective Comics :siren:
Harley Quinn (2000) 1-14
Batman and Robin (2009) 20-25 post-Morrison issues.
The Flash 233-243 Mark Waid's return run, missing 231-132 for some reason.
Nightwing (1996) 41-46, 101-106, 150-153
Gotham City Sirens 23-26
Birds of Prey (2000) 20-21
:siren: 52 Aftermath: Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood :siren:
Red Hood: Lost Days
Red Robin 26
Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! 1
Captain Carrot and the Final Ark! 1-3

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That Gotham Sirens arc is pretty decent, though that may be my sunk-cost rationalising having read the whole run.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordPants posted:

And all you need to know about Inifinty is there are bad guys, they do bad things for a while, then the good guys win, also thanos is there and then thanos gets captured

Uhhh forgetting hammer time?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else's Marvel Unlimited account kinda hosed?

I'm paid up, but it keeps asking me to upgrade and won't let me view comics. Weird.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

I don't have my iPad with me to check on the app, but on the website my account looks okay. I just logged in and it's showing my library.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm paid up, but it keeps asking me to upgrade and won't let me view comics. Weird.

Nope. I did have that before though and I just logged in an out. I also seem to recall it did that one time and I was still able to view stuff.

Was just using the Android one and it worked fine. Sooooooooo much better than it used to be.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

If you're having trouble in browser try refreshing or clearing your cache? I've had it do that to me once or twice before but it never lasted long and one of those options fixed it. Cookies. :shrug: Otherwise email support I guess!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Groupees is doing another Dynamite bundle. $1/5/10 minimum for various stuff - Vampirella, Kato, Jennifer Blood, American Flagg, etc.

https://groupees.com/dynamite2

If you missed the first one you can get both for $30. Like the last one, the top 5 contributors get perks like custom drawn comic covers

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So if I get both of those bundles, is there anything else I need to read to understand Secret Wars?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TheHeadSage posted:

So if I get both of those bundles, is there anything else I need to read to understand Secret Wars?

You should buy the 6 issues of Infinity because it isn't included in either of those bundles!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheHeadSage posted:

Infinity. Anything else from him (his Ultimates and F4/FF runs) are optional. They're referenced throughout but more of a "oh hey this thing from back when" rather than something integral to the story.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

gfanikf posted:

Nope. I did have that before though and I just logged in an out. I also seem to recall it did that one time and I was still able to view stuff.

Was just using the Android one and it worked fine. Sooooooooo much better than it used to be.

I though that might be the problem, but I've only ever used it on android. I signed out, signed on my PC and still it says I'm not an unlimited member.

Dunno how to clear the app cache on the tablet though...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I though that might be the problem, but I've only ever used it on android. I signed out, signed on my PC and still it says I'm not an unlimited member.

Dunno how to clear the app cache on the tablet though...

Oddly enough I had this error come up today, but all I had to do was sign out, but this was on the app. For clearing the app cache bring up the info button for the app, like if you had wanted to move it to an SD card or uninstall it. That said if the website is giving you an issue, it may be a server side screw up on Marvels end.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Today only, Thanos sale! You can get Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Quest for $8 total! And a bunch of other things.
https://m.comixology.com/Thanos-Sale/page/6533

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Uthor posted:

Today only, Thanos sale! You can get Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Quest for $8 total! And a bunch of other things.

Also get Thanos the final threat and silver surfer 34-38

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uthor posted:

Do I get a Thanos Copter?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

gfanikf posted:

Do I get a Thanos Copter?

No they do not have the rights to Spidey Super Stories. Its a drat shame.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Also get Thanos the final threat and silver surfer 34-38

Yeah those are really great too. Love all that stuff.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah FInal Threat and Thanos Quest are super dope, only read those for the first time recently. great buys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Everything is good except for anything with the words Infinity and not followed by Gauntlet.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Everything is good except for anything with the words Infinity and not followed by Gauntlet.

I bought IG at B&N a few months ago but haven't read it yet :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

kloa posted:

I bought IG at B&N a few months ago but haven't read it yet :ohdear:

don't worry, he's saying that the sequels suck. Infinity Gauntlet is outstanding. the best event comic by a huge margin, imo.