Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

GTA V is a terrible game and I regret paying full price for it.

i was under the impression that these forums were troll-free?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Then someone trolled the poo poo out of you.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

If I started a Drawful stream right now would anyone be interested in joining?

For those unaware, it's Pictionary but you try to trip up the other players by coming up with fake clues. And the only thing you need to play is a smartphone (you don't even need to own the game! how loving cool is that)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
sounds gay

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

This is a topic where people are defending a game about fighting the devil having a colour scheme of burnt orange, poo poo brown, and rust as being thematically appropriate. Gay is the only way we know.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

littleorv posted:

GTA V is a terrible game and I regret paying full price for it.

Loads of ressources were spent on making a barely serviceable single player game. I didn't pay full price, but still regret it.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Zombies' Downfall posted:

The most differences between GTA 3 and GTA V are story and graphics and I don't care for either of this stuff.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

program666 posted:

The most differences between GTA 3 and GTA V are story and graphics and I don't care for either of this stuff.

Hmm yes those are the only differences ... if you are a stupid person.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My goddamn back started acting up again, I think because I was on my feet for a literary conference for like two days in a row, so I was unable to move and played a lot of Donkey Kong 64 again. Crystal Caves is cool. I just have to finish getting all the stuff there and then it's Creepy Castle and the end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

My goddamn back started acting up again, I think because I was on my feet for a literary conference for like two days in a row, so I was unable to move and played a lot of Donkey Kong 64 again. Crystal Caves is cool. I just have to finish getting all the stuff there and then it's Creepy Castle and the end.
So this is all an attempt to get posters to buy you games because you only own DK64, right?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

So this is all an attempt to get posters to buy you games because you only own DK64, right?

DK64 was good when I was 5

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im not playing video games right now.

major homo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bicyclops posted:

My goddamn back started acting up again, I think because I was on my feet for a literary conference for like two days in a row, so I was unable to move and played a lot of Donkey Kong 64 again. Crystal Caves is cool.

everything's cool when you're loaded up on vicodin!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

if posters would like to pay me my daily salary and provide a health plan so i don't have to work anymore, i promise to play a whole host of video games, many of them actually good ones.

I like DK64 though, and the level design from like Frantic Factory on is actually pretty nice.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Time to start that Twitch career

Crayfish
May 7, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Should have bought Shadow of Mordor instead.

The nemesis system is amazing, but the story missions in that game are real poo poo and the main character is a boring dickhead.

Would be better if you could play as an orc imho, especially if it was like rogue legacy and every time you died you came back as a random orc with different abilities.

I hope monolith are listening.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Crayfish posted:

Would be better if you could play as an orc imho, especially if it was like rogue legacy and every time you died you came back as a random orc with different abilities.

this is a good idea and i would enjoy its implementation

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Crayfish posted:

The nemesis system is amazing, but the story missions in that game are real poo poo and the main character is a boring dickhead.

Some sort of mafia game with the nemesis system would be extremely my poo poo.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Crayfish posted:

I enjoyed playing the missions in the Skins that weren't the MC. Pretending he was having the girl doing all his work for him was pretty drat fun. She also makes the best expression during the mounting QTE.

Later in the games when you start terrifying orcs is also extremely fun as the Hand.

And if you didn't enjoy the missions with the Dwarf and the orc, idk what to tell you.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Does there exist a general emulation thread?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Duck of Death posted:

Does there exist a general emulation thread?

there was one in Imp Zone for a while but i think you'd have to commit necromancy to get it back

i suggest making one in /games if you want it tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crayfish posted:

actually the nemesis system is really bad because unless you're terrible at games or willing to purposefully press the "make bosses harder" button you just end up with a ton of really poo poo and weak leaders that you kill first time

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am literally shocked, amazed and surprised that stux does not like a good game.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stux posted:

actually the nemesis system is really bad because unless you're terrible at games or willing to purposefully press the "make bosses harder" button you just end up with a ton of really poo poo and weak leaders that you kill first time

This is why it's good though? Make the game harder if you want, keep it easy if you don't. Also making orcs more powerful by sending death threats owns.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

i am literally shocked, amazed and surprised that stux does not like a good game.

it's a poor batman imitation with a terrible system on top for "unique" enemies

Nasgate posted:

This is why it's good though? Make the game harder if you want, keep it easy if you don't. Also making orcs more powerful by sending death threats owns.

except people kept playing up the system as some revolution where you keep fighting the same enemies but with them progressively getting tougher. in reality what happens is you either dominate them straight up nullifying the entire system or you artificially make them harder by pressing a rest button. it's a joke

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it's such a joke that even during the events where there are two of them present you can easily simply take both out rather than one escaping and getting tougher unless, again, you specifically let them just to make a slightly harder enemy. terrible

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It does have its flaws but it is a good idea. Personalized recurring bad guys is a cool concept.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Shadow of Mordor was a pretty fun game but also really forgettable

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if all the reaction the nemesis system caused was because it's the first mechanic people saw that actually use the open world concept for something. I wonder if those people's head would blow if they tried to play X3 or Mount and Blade.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stux posted:

it's such a joke that even during the events where there are two of them present you can easily simply take both out rather than one escaping and getting tougher unless, again, you specifically let them just to make a slightly harder enemy. terrible

it is way played up. And it's a shame that the best part of the system doesn't come up till later in the game. The death threats go a long way. And controlling a lowly captain and making political plays to raise him to warchief is pretty hoss.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I thought the nemesis system was pretty rad, but the final boss of Shadow of Mordor totally soured it for me. What a lazy, boring way to end an otherwise fun game.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's too bad GTA online is handicapped by Rockstar's decision to hide everything fun behind huge amounts of money so you'll buy shark cards. Oh you found a badass car? Too bad, it can't go into your garage.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
its too bad gta online matchmaking on pc sucks dick and nobody wants to play anything but heists and coop missions with friends... i want to do tdm mother fuckers

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

There's a reason no one wants to do tdm in GTAV

the reason is theyre loving gay...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i can constantly find epic tdm matches on the ps3... i think pc gamers are retards.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I forgot the multiplayer is actually interesting this time around. Are there any interesting mechanics on the single player game or is it still just provoking traffic jams and chain-exploding cars?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
collision-enabled races suck rear end and are worthless but more people play those than anything else.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

program666 posted:

I forgot the multiplayer is actually interesting this time around. Are there any interesting mechanics on the single player game or is it still just provoking traffic jams and chain-exploding cars?

the interesting mechanics are the epic character-driven plot and the mother loving graphics you dumbass bitch

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
still haven't played more than a couple hours of gta5, i probably should play it more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Is there anything interesting in this game, or is it still just these things that are cool and fun?"

• Locked thread