Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

mrkillboy posted:

Surprisingly not an Asylum joint.

The trailer is pretty amazing too.

I would pay full ticket price to see this in a theater instead of that new Jurassic Park movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Goddamnit Eric Roberts!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's some fine footwear.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MizPiz posted:

Thank you Read Snigfut and thank you thread.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vibram really missed the boat to tie-in with the Hobbit movies.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Saw this book cover and had to laugh. All I can imagine is that double barrel recoil going DIRECTLY into your maimed stump of a hand, followed by you laying on the ground yelling about how much that hurt.

:clint: "Draw, pardnah"
*BOOM*
:byodood: "OH JESUS CHRIST MOTHER FUCKER MY ARM OH GOD I THINK IT'S A BONE BRUISE OH gently caress NUGGETS I THINK I DONE BUSTED IT AGAIN *SSSSSSSSSSSSSS* *HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Saw this book cover and had to laugh. All I can imagine is that double barrel recoil going DIRECTLY into your maimed stump of a hand, followed by you laying on the ground yelling about how much that hurt.

:clint: "Draw, pardnah"
*BOOM*
:byodood: "OH JESUS CHRIST MOTHER FUCKER MY ARM OH GOD I THINK IT'S A BONE BRUISE OH gently caress NUGGETS I THINK I DONE BUSTED IT AGAIN *SSSSSSSSSSSSSS* *HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*"

He obviously has some mechanism to channel recoil to his shoulder.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Choco1980 posted:

Meh, it's been done before.

2000AD (creators of Judge Dredd) had time-travelling cowboys vs. dinosaurs.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Paladinus posted:

He obviously has some mechanism to channel recoil to his shoulder.

What if he uses a bearing surface that supports the butt of the gun and another that supports the gun from beneath the hand guard (Lee, Joon-Ho, et al.)? The rear of the firearm could be placed against a force transducer. This method has the advantage of positively locating the firearm so that it can only slide directly backwards. This method also requires the user to account for the weight of the bearing and clamping fixtures if absolute numbers are required. The recoil force felt by the shooter has two components: “acceleration of the projectile itself… and the second component is associated with the acceleration of the gases created by the combustion of the gunpowder propellant” (Hall 2008). The force created by the acceleration of the projectile can be calculated using conservation of momentum, however, the force due to the combustion gas acceleration cannot be accurately calculated. The force felt by the shooter is the combination of these two forces and thus has to be measured instead of calculatedlknjthepijhpwignqewv
:goonsay:

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Chrpno posted:

What if he uses a bearing surface that supports the butt of the gun and another that supports the gun from beneath the hand guard (Lee, Joon-Ho, et al.)? The rear of the firearm could be placed against a force transducer. This method has the advantage of positively locating the firearm so that it can only slide directly backwards. This method also requires the user to account for the weight of the bearing and clamping fixtures if absolute numbers are required. The recoil force felt by the shooter has two components: “acceleration of the projectile itself… and the second component is associated with the acceleration of the gases created by the combustion of the gunpowder propellant” (Hall 2008). The force created by the acceleration of the projectile can be calculated using conservation of momentum, however, the force due to the combustion gas acceleration cannot be accurately calculated. The force felt by the shooter is the combination of these two forces and thus has to be measured instead of calculatedlknjthepijhpwignqewv

More importantly, how the gently caress does he pull the trigger on his arm-gun? Especially considering his other hand seems quite intent on fast-drawing his other gun for some reason.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Chrpno posted:

haha butt

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Please don't doxx me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Chrpno posted:

He might be twisting his elbow to absorb the recoil, although that's more of a revolver technique.

At any rate, he's definitely not cut out for an automatic.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

LoonShia posted:

He might be twisting his elbow to absorb the recoil, although that's more of a revolver technique.

At any rate, he's definitely not cut out for an automatic.

:ocelot:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Chrpno posted:

I was just gonna say he could have it on sliding rails or something so it just slides to his elbow and bounces back but that works too

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

LorrdErnie posted:

I was just gonna say he could have it on sliding rails or something so it just slides to his elbow and bounces back but that works too

But what if the gun goes off when it blows back and hits his elbow? It could blow off his fuckin hand.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm starting to doubt the feasibility of one-armed cyborg shotgun cowboys.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Chard posted:

I'm starting to doubt the feasibility of one-armed cyborg shotgun cowboys.

Agreed. They might be able to get me back on board with a no-armed model, though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
If you look at it, the cover clearly says "don't even bother to draw". It's all intimidation, man. I bet that thing isn't even loaded. They're too busy staring at the gun-hand and then they get popped by someone else.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Lol, one of my buddies is in this and he's been posting behind the scenes poo poo for like the last two years on Facebook. Kinda crazy how long it takes to make a pile of poo poo like that.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Stoatbringer posted:

2000AD (creators of Judge Dredd) had time-travelling cowboys vs. dinosaurs.

The guy's falling chest-down to the ground but he's turning towards the dino, apparently preparing to fight it from a one-arm push-up position. The beast doesn't stand a chance.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Immediately thought of Tremors.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Immediately thought of Tremors.

My first thought was that Cowboys vs Aliens had gotten a sequel.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
lol.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Lol, one of my buddies is in this and he's been posting behind the scenes poo poo for like the last two years on Facebook. Kinda crazy how long it takes to make a pile of poo poo like that.

There's copious amounts of drinking and not-taking-it-seriously going on, right?

:ohdear: Right?

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Someone actually thought this was a good idea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Doctor Malaver posted:

The guy's falling chest-down to the ground but he's turning towards the dino, apparently preparing to fight it from a one-arm push-up position. The beast doesn't stand a chance.

You clearly haven't read enough early 2000AD if you think that's not exactly what's happening here.

(Warning, 2000AD holds no responsibility towards any pregnancies caused by reading itself.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

mrkillboy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPaUdWkGKa8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPUWeYOACzg

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Please don't doxx me.

I appreciate you

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Good to see Ken M is still at it/back :allears:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
More violent dinosaurs!

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Just going to say that "Valley of the Gwanji" is pretty great if you like Ray Harryhausen.

Dickey Butts has a new favorite as of 03:15 on May 5, 2015

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ken M is so gloriously dumb. I hope years from now historians will see that he was the funniest person of our time.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Command Ant posted:

More violent dinosaurs!

That wedding photographer is a loving pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I just passed in front of this restaurant and it's official; I'm five. No time to take a pic though.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 14:35 on May 5, 2015

• Locked thread