Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

They are a modern democracy, with policies which must react to neighbors that have pre-modern social dynamics.

Being surrounded by extremely weak enemies is hardly an excuse for having apartheid domestic policies, sorry.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

icantfindaname posted:

holy poo poo batman, you mean the phonebook-length autism bait fantasy novels with extra child sex and incest ...... are bad??????????

but enough about the avengers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is a steal at 10 bucsk

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

i been busy today. the world still going to poo poo?

Things were looking good for like an hour at lunch but no, still going to poo poo

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought the unsullied were supposed to be incredibly poo poo hot fightermans? they lost a fight to some dork royalist insurgents?

they're ottoman spear levies with a tinge of mamluk officers

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

same, but the GoT discussin well on this forum is completely poisoned by teh Bad Thread, which somehow thinks that's an ironic appelation.

i peep it once and a while to get a chuckle and then move on. i've read the books and will continue to do so when the next one comes out. the show is fun and largely cool (there's some general treatments i disagree with) but they're telling a slightly different story and grrm has said that, repeatedly.

people getting spergy about dumb poo poo like that is hilarious. like, okay yes the fight there doesn't completely ring out given what we've been, repeatedly, told about those characters, but it works with what we need to happen and no one other than you gives a poo poo so move on. no one is making you assholes watch the show.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought the unsullied were supposed to be incredibly poo poo hot fightermans? they lost a fight to some dork royalist insurgents?

it was within the realm of believability they were led into a tight alley and surrounded by about 30 dudes while there was only 5=6 of them

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hes right.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
this thing that links all the scenes together and makes them meaningful? Not important in the slightest

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zoux posted:

Their thing is that they have unbelievable discipline and not individual skill.

Which is what people have been critiquing. You are whining about people pointing out what you have pointed out here. You are zoux. You are dumb.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian posted:

Being surrounded by extremely weak enemies is hardly an excuse for having apartheid domestic policies, sorry.

you forget migf supports apartheid. The blecks are too uncivilized to rule themselves.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this thing that links all the scenes together and makes them meaningful? Not important in the slightest

i bet you get mad about abstract art too

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

koyaanisqatsi: one of the worst films of all time

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lotka Volterra posted:

it was within the realm of believability they were led into a tight alley and surrounded by about 30 dudes while there was only 5=6 of them

oh ok that makes more sense

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Lotka Volterra posted:

to be somewhat contrarian, within the books canon, it shouldn't have happened, but again no one gives a gently caress

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Effectronica posted:

i don't know what this is but it looks like "kyo ani" and i'm pretty sure that's better anyways

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
why are they called unsullied when they got sullied by having they dicks cut off

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

ReidRansom posted:

i been busy today. the world still going to poo poo?

tides roll in, tides go out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

to be somewhat contrarian, within the books canon, it shouldn't have happened, but again no one gives a gently caress

Ah if that were but true

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

i bet you get mad about abstract art too

disjointed plots are still plots?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

why are they called unsullied when they got sullied by having they dicks cut off

that's the entire point. they're unsullied by the desires of man

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lotka Volterra posted:

I mean, it doesn't bother me that much (I still thought it was a really good episode), but it was just kind of disappointing. I was hoping we'd see them get into formation and do some badass maneuvers before getting cut down, at least.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

zoux posted:

Ah if that were but true

no one but moron spergs. like the audience for which that show is being made, did not care in the least

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

varys gonna bone

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ok that's a relief

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Israel is surrounded by forces who wish to see the genocide of all non-muslims, and whom have engaged in terrorism to this end. If America was in Israel's position, I guarantee you, we would not be nearly so restrained in our policies.

Hell, I bet we'd even repeal the 13th Amendment, were modern America in Israel's position.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I like MIGF-on-Israel, because unlike Absurd Alhazred he at least has the balls to stand to his opinions. (Being literate also helps.)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Actually, like most fantasy names, the author just randomly went through a dictionary.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its important but way down the list. And like you know AVATAR you can have a hackneyed or flimsy or derivative plot and still have a good movie because the other things that make a movie - you know how it looks- are extremely important.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

you forget migf supports apartheid. The blecks are too uncivilized to rule themselves.

Oh, I didn't forget. He's trolling. That's his schtick. And I enjoy it, but it's also fun to engage it lightly every now and then.:)

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Raskolnikov38 posted:

disjointed plots are still plots?

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Israel is surrounded by forces who wish to see the genocide of all non-muslims, and whom have engaged in terrorism to this end. If America was in Israel's position, I guarantee you, we would not be nearly so restrained in our policies.

Hell, I bet we'd even repeal the 13th Amendment, were modern America in Israel's position.

no

but it is nice your are admitting Israel is an evil, rogue nation.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Lotka Volterra posted:

they had motherfucking spears, aka the "hold off 10,000 dudes with a halfdozen guys in a narrow hallway" weapon of choice

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Nuh-uh you can't genocide me so I'm gonna genocide you!"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Randler posted:

Actually, like most fantasy names, the author just randomly went through a dictionary.

it's funny because when the show hired a guy to come up with valaryian (since it's like almost not in the books at all); he really hated that the words we had didn't make any sense as a language (dracarys as dragon fire and valar morgulis. But then, as GRRM said, 'I am not Tolkien, I am not writing a language'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

its important but way down the list. And like you know AVATAR you can have a hackneyed or flimsy or derivative plot and still have a good movie because the other things that make a movie - you know how it looks- are extremely important.

film rankings are subjective and in my subjective listing CGI wankery lists very low

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Effectronica posted:

what the gently caress

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

film rankings are subjective and in my subjective listing CGI wankery lists very low

no, that's wrong.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gravel Gravy posted:

"Nuh-uh you can't genocide me so I'm gonna genocide you!"

If a state or other actor claiming state authority does not recognize your existance, all actions undertaken during the period of your unrecognized existance do not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Effectronica posted:

you'd get a lot of tenses wrong

yeah but that would most likely just make them think you're stupid, rather than being an insurmountable barrier to communication. not like you're going to talk high philosophy with a bunch of broke peasants or some provincial lord in the first place

• Locked thread