Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
oh my loving god i'd love to see forest whitaker as Bond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

BBT is generally a good show, BI NOW.

okay well we know you don't care about plot so what is visually stimulating about big bang theory

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

were the moore bond movies the first you ever saw

No. Goldfinger was the first Bond I ever saw.

euphronius posted:

Nails on a chalk board for me. Again, though, if you like it -- enjoy.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

:wink:

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am okay with that though because that was exactly what they were going for. Like it does what it's supposed to do and doesn't try to be anything else. I dunno, Skyfall just rubbed me the wrong way. Like it was trying to be this really Smart Sexy Action Film and it's just really flat. Like, to me, it's The Big Bang Theory Bond.

You sure you're not getting your Bonds mixed up? Octopussy is the Bond with the laugh track.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
how did Joe Don Baker weasel his way into THREE Bond films

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nintendo Kid posted:

moonraker is excellent

moonraker, and spy who loved me are both top tier bond movies that Moore did, but live and let die and octapussy are hands dow the two worst actual bond films of all time so i'm sort of mixed on him.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

after black bond we need pakistani bond

I mean what I really want after Idris is a lady bond, but I feel like we need 1-2 films of white dude bod in between, to reestablish the patriarchal roots of the character before tearing them up

or, hell, make a 006 spin-off film with a white dude instead

shunt white men into sidekick roles

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

okay well we know you don't care about plot so what is visually stimulating about big bang theory

TV sitcoms totally different genre!

But the colors in the show are well done.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mooyashi posted:

how did Joe Don Baker weasel his way into THREE Bond films

Slept with Cubby Brocolli

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Henry Cavil is too nice to be Bond.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

just in case anyone thought euphronius opinions weren't totally awful

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

PupsOfWar posted:

I mean what I really want after Idris is a lady bond,

Terminator 3

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

james bond is fundamentally a substance abusing womanising sociopath, and the conceit of the character is that he is living out the british fantasy that Britain is still relevant in the post-war era.

The reaction to Judi Densch as M are pretty much some of the best parts of Goldfinger.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disinterested posted:

james bond is fundamentally a substance abusing womanising sociopath, and the conceit of the character is that he is living out the british fantasy that Britain is still relevant in the post-war era.

I think this was the message of Skyfall, yeah.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

moonraker, and spy who loved me are both top tier bond movies that Moore did, but live and let die and octapussy are hands dow the two worst actual bond films of all time so i'm sort of mixed on him.

Live and Let Die is great if you love schlocky blaxploitation.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
who are some of the up and coming israeli actors?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The reaction to Judi Densch as M are pretty much some of the best parts of Goldfinger.

Oh you are starting to piss me off.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

live and let die and octapussy are hands dow the two worst actual bond films of all time so i'm sort of mixed on him.

i'm sorry neither of these are a view to a kill and therefore at least one is wrong

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

:wink:

You sure you're not getting your Bonds mixed up? Octopussy is the Bond with the laugh track.

It doesn't try to be anything other than that though?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i don't believe she appeared in that film

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

I think this was the message of Skyfall, yeah.

it's the message of the novels and all the films

skyfall just really 'got' that and tried to hammer home that theme

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
you're absolutely bonkers if you think the Bond film with Christopher Walken and Grace Jones is the worst, despite anything else in the movie

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh you are starting to piss me off.

TYPO!

Badger of Basra posted:

I mean, she could have been an extra.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

there will be an american bond over my dead body

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I like what Man from U.N.C.L.E. promo seems to present as a decadent sex-positive world where all the different superspies just kinda gently caress each other indiscriminately

I feel this is cooler than the Bond paradigm of one dude picking his way through row after row of otherwise-demure ladies

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Badger of Basra posted:

*raps on head*

HELLLOOOOO, ANYONE HOME?

THINK Badgie, THINK

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

kustomkarkommando posted:

you willing to toxx for that?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

My Imaginary GF posted:

you willing to toxx for that?

You misunderstand me.

I am willing to fight agin it

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Disinterested posted:

Henry Cavil is too nice to be Bond.

how nice is he?

who has suggested this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mooyashi posted:

*raps on head*

HELLLOOOOO, ANYONE HOME?

THINK Badgie, THINK

i think its a joke on how she was in the movie for like two minutes tops

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
did you know: illinois inentivizes an unhealthy lifestyle by granting super fat people the ability to access medical cannibis?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mooyashi posted:

you're absolutely bonkers if you think the Bond film with Christopher Walken and Grace Jones is the worst, despite anything else in the movie

Where is Nutranurse?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

the best bond.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think its a joke on how she was in the movie for like two minutes tops

That's been like M in every Bond film though.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm sorry neither of these are a view to a kill and therefore at least one is wrong

view to a kill is salvageable by (a) great theme song by Duran Duran (b) Grace Jones as a bond girl (c) Christopher Walken as literally a boy from brazil

Moore was way too loving old to be playing that role still and the effects/story is super lame... but Live and Let Die is only good if you're into blaxploitation and Octapussy literally has a laugh track

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

how nice is he?

I have never seem him successfully act nasty.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just make the next Bond an extremely fat white guy in jorts, keep everything else the same. Oh and his catch phrase is "That really burns my burritos"

PupsOfWar posted:

I like what Man from U.N.C.L.E. promo seems to present as a decadent sex-positive world where all the different superspies just kinda gently caress each other indiscriminately

I feel this is cooler than the Bond paradigm of one dude picking his way through row after row of otherwise-demure ladies

I haven't seen that promo but :agreed:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

You misunderstand me.

I am willing to fight agin it

oh an aggressive northern irishman who wants tar fight aboot it, eh?, how stereotypical

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yay migf said the n word in uspol and is hopefully going to get a long probation :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

A Winner is Jew posted:

view to a kill is salvageable by (a) great theme song by Duran Duran (b) Grace Jones as a bond girl (c) Christopher Walken as literally a boy from brazil

Moore was way too loving old to be playing that role still and the effects/story is super lame... but Live and Let Die is only good if you're into blaxploitation and Octapussy literally has a laugh track
Wisdom.

Good night e'erybody!

• Locked thread