Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

so what are the best bond theme songs?

obviously "nobody does it better" is #1 but after that what?

the world is not enough

95 - domitian kills a bunch of senators, setting an example for barack obama nearly two millennia later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

So I ask the question directly, how, apart from the social connotations attached to them, does the usage of the word 'thug' to describe recent events differ from the same sentence which uses the word 'friend of the family'? Its an attempt to otherize and separate a group from a wider community so that those individuals may be disparaged openly with comments which would be otherwise unacceptable should they be made about the whole community.

they exist on the same spectrum of things you shouldn't call people and that don't belong in polite conversation, but because of all the baggage, thug isn't quite as bad as friend of the family. that said, the meaning and intent are the same, even if the sting isn't, and anyone using thug to describe a broad group of people generally should be pilloried for it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

How can one point out that 'thug' is used as a politically correct form of 'friend of the family' without saying so? I don't get it.
you have to use *looks around and then whispers* "the n-word"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CoolCab posted:

live and let die gently caress all you motherfuckers gently caress goldfinger gently caress you it's live and let die

this, except the GnR version instead of the original, which sucks in comparison

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

A Winner is Jew posted:

the Duran Duran one

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

mooyashi posted:

the Duran Duran one

the 30-year-oldness of this thread is really getting to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

why are people so loving scared of gene editing? Oh no no more congenital defects!

More like No more pocs

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

How can one point out that 'thug' is used as a politically correct form of 'friend of the family' without saying so? I don't get it.

Have you tried calling them antisemites or Nazis?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

A Winner is Jew posted:

top 5 after goldfinger

diamonds are forever
nobody does it better
man with the golden gun
all time high
moonraker and goldeneye (tied for 5th)

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
it'd be cool to have a baby with my also white as poo poo wife and tweak it a little to make it like a quarter asian and a quarter black and so on

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i always love when people start going "well we shouldn't let people abort because they find out the kid will have X trait"

its like hello they hate that trait enough to be willing to undergo an abortion, how well do you think they'll treat the kid if you force them to have it??

A Winner is Jew posted:

Goldfinger

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Badger of Basra posted:

the world is not enough

95 - domitian kills a bunch of senators, setting an example for barack obama nearly two millennia later

the world is not enough is really good ( <3 shirley )

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If everyone is special then no one is

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

Have you tried calling them antisemites or Nazis?

While many Americans have German heritage, nowhere near as many Americans as Germans are direct descendants of nazis, nor do these German-Americans refuse to sell homes to Jews.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

euphronius posted:

More like No more pocs

haafu is very popular right now actually

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

also also skyfall is really good.

honestly, most of the bond themes are really loving good.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i'd like a GPS system that tells people "...and don't cock it up, 007"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

More like No more pocs

this is a legit concern but i think if the tech ever became feasible it would turn out to be a very tiny problem as the people that don't want non-white children usually don't gently caress poc

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

While many Americans have German heritage, nowhere near as many Americans as Germans are direct descendants of nazis, nor do these German-Americans refuse to sell homes to Jews.

You can totally sell homes to jews in Germany.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

remember the one Sheryl Crow did

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
haha gently caress they let Garbage do one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvNDR5OrqM

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the thing i remember most about skyfall is james bond going "okay we need to hide you from a gang of international terrorists, we have the complete resources of the british government and her allies. lets home alone at my house"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mooyashi posted:

remember the one Sheryl Crow did

yeah. that's an exception.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Winner is Jew posted:

This thread is a flat circle.

We've had this conversation before and the answer is You Only Live Twice is the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFtQPgHyek

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

You can totally sell homes to jews in Germany.

Yet earlier in the thread you were arguing that Jews cannot legally own homes in Germany.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

mooyashi posted:

haha gently caress they let Garbage do one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzvNDR5OrqM

it's really good.

Sharkie posted:

This thread is a flat circle.

We've had this conversation before and the answer is You Only Live Twice is the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFtQPgHyek

ahaha i was just listening to that. yeah most of the bond songs are really good, even when the movies sucked.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this is a legit concern but i think if the tech ever became feasible it would turn out to be a very tiny problem as the people that don't want non-white children usually don't gently caress poc

i don't see that as a legit concern at all.

if everyone really is that racist against themselves that no one out of billions of people wants to continue it then what's the real problem. poo poo the trait package would probably come back in fashion after a few generations. people would still have actually been descended from whatever ethnicity in question.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

Yet earlier in the thread you were arguing that Jews cannot legally own homes in Germany.

Houses. :eng101:

And they can't. But neither can anyone else and that has nothing to do with the ability to sell houses.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nintendo Kid posted:

if everyone really is that racist against themselves that no one out of billions of people wants to continue it then what's the real problem. poo poo the trait package would probably come back in fashion after a few generations. people would still have actually been descended from whatever ethnicity in question.

how about if the epigenetics of sexual preference were mapped out, would it be problematic if you could design your child's sexual preferences?

Randler posted:

Houses. :eng101:

And they can't. But neither can anyone else and that has nothing to do with the ability to sell houses.

You say that, and I hear "Jews can't own houses in Germany." Well, could they before the Nazis, Randler?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

how about if the epigenetics of sexual preference were mapped out, would it be problematic if you could design your child's sexual preferences?

creepy at the very least

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
imagine having to reverse come out to your son

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Imaginary GF posted:

Who cares? Infringing on reproductive choice in America because of scifi scenarios is the dumbest poo poo.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Imaginary GF posted:

You say that, and I hear "Jews can't own houses in Germany." Well, could they before the Nazis, Randler?

No. Can they own the houses in America? :v:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

CoolCab posted:

imagine having to reverse come out to your son

if i have a kid i'm going to be the most square, boring person imaginable until they move out.

then we can have a beer.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Snake eater is the best one tho

https://soundcloud.com/moi19/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nintendo Kid posted:

well i could see it being a thing if poc were using it to make their kids white to avoid racism but this is assuming that the society of julian bashiers hasn't overcome racism yet

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Were you even born when that game came out?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Randler posted:

No. Can they own the houses in America? :v:

Yes, Randler, unlike Germany, Jews in America and Israel have the right to own as many houses as they may afford.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
pretty sure iirc that VS was born the same year Kevin Mitnick finally got caught

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it's really good.

ahaha i was just listening to that. yeah most of the bond songs are really good, even when the movies sucked.

live and let die is the exception to this rule

and yeah, most of the themes are good with the only real duds being the madonna, crow, a-ha, and mcartney ones

• Locked thread