Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I can't think of a third outcome so I agree that I will also not be surprised if it is real or fake.

half of it is real, the other half is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Frozen_flame posted:

The Chandra isn't real, the copyright years are also different.

Shame really, it would have been a real return to form for her. :haw:

Its actually pretty hard to see and looks just like Heretical Healer when upsized.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

forbidden lesbian posted:

half of it is real, the other half is fake

That would be a risky card to play in a tournament, I like it

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's a splashy effect, but 4 mana is a lot for a counterspell and UUU is very restrictive. You can counter a spell or bounce things for 1U if that's what you want, so I can't imagine this being played much outside of gimmick decks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's a splashy effect, but 4 mana is a lot for a counterspell and UUU is very restrictive. You can counter a spell or bounce things for 1U if that's what you want, so I can't imagine this being played much outside of gimmick decks.

User name/post combo - 10/10, would read again.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I hope that Chandra is real but I doubt it.
If she is that is one incredibly strong walker but the hoops you have to jump through may be too restrictive.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

It's clearly Wizards trying to 'fix' Ojutai's Command.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

IQ is terrible as poo poo, but it seems to be new art. Who knows if it's legit. This is the Spoiler Stadium tho

:swoon:

Frozen_flame posted:

The Chandra isn't real, the copyright years are also different.

Shame really, it would have been a real return to form for her. :haw:

:(

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Christ the hoops you have to jump through consist of have a single instant speed burn spell for their blocker or cast two red spells on turn 4. What loving world do you live in where those are tricky?

Like that's the plan of every red deck ever.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

My plan doesn't actually involve playing a grey ogre that does nothing the turn it comes down.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If that Chandra is fake then we're two for two on very convincing Chandra fakes. :v:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sigma-X posted:

Christ the hoops you have to jump through consist of have a single instant speed burn spell for their blocker or cast two red spells on turn 4. What loving world do you live in where those are tricky?

No man, swinging in with 4 mana open is so restrictive because Red never ever does that.

Friendly reminder that you can have both Chandra, Roaring Flame AND Fire of Kaladesh on the board at the same time.

I really, really hope this is her card. these are also the only walkers that get wrecked by Ratchet Bomb on 0, how humorous.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sigma-X posted:

In this brave new world of casting a thousand dumb permanents the red mage has forgotten his ancestry

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Eidolon costs 1 less and will probably do your opponent more damage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Eidolon costs 1 less and will probably do your opponent more damage.

You're not wrong, but I never understood the concept of "Why would you ever use this card over another that will inevitably not be Standard legal at the same time???"

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The hoops I'm referring to are playing an aggressive Red deck that doesn't mind taking Turn 3 off to cast a Grey Ogre that gives no value if removed anytime before your next untap step, then taking turn 4 to not develop your board at all and instead cast two spells to trigger an effect that is cancelled by any instant speed removal in the set.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

The hoops I'm referring to are playing an aggressive Red deck that doesn't mind taking Turn 3 off to cast a Grey Ogre that gives no value if removed anytime before your next untap step, then taking turn 4 to not develop your board at all and instead cast two spells to trigger an effect that is cancelled by any instant speed removal in the set.

While this might not be the case forever, per my last point, but casting Chandra now at least gives Foundry Street Denizen a boost. The situation you described is otherwise no different from casting Goblin Rabblemaster, to be fair.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

bhsman posted:

While this might not be the case forever, per my last point, but casting Chandra now at least gives Foundry Street Denizen a boost. The situation you described is otherwise no different from casting Goblin Rabblemaster, to be fair.

goblin rabblemaster does one damage the turn you play it and pumps foundry street denizen up to a 3/1

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A big flaming stink posted:

goblin rabblemaster does one damage the turn you play it and pumps foundry street denizen up to a 3/1

It also wins the game 3 turns later if unanswered. This card doesn't.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A big flaming stink posted:

"End of your first main step, Ultimate Price."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bhsman posted:

"End of your first main step, Ultimate Price."

The fake Chandra dies that too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you can catch them tapped out with a rabblemaster you get value. With this fake card they could just untap and then kill it.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I dont think that Card is absolutely nuts but not every deck that plays red cards is going to be red deck wins and there are in fact strong cards that aren't just the most powerful drop on curve.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I can't imagine any other deck that would care more about face damage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

The fake Chandra dies that too.

Exactly?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

"Every rare/mythic is made with competitive play in mind." - 90% of this thread.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Bleck posted:

"Every rare/mythic is made with competitive play in mind." - 90% of this thread.

Oh sorry I'll bring up the appropriate post:

This will go great in my Mono-red Shamans EDH deck.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
we have already established the card isn't real can we at least have this argument when the actual card is spoiled

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Oh sorry I'll bring up the appropriate post:

This will go great in my Mono-red Shamans EDH deck.
I wonder if that dude will come back for the next spoiler season so we can watch people reply to him seriously.

Also I am sad that card isn't real, it's sweet.

we have already established the card isn't real can we at least have this argument when the actual card is spoiled
Is it any worse than any other spoiler season argument?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Ya'll are acting like she's Tibalt and she's more like Venser. She's not JaceTMS but her transformation is something you can naturally do. I don't give a gently caress about standard but people told me the most recent 2/2 for 3 phoneix was playable and this card certainly does more than most of those.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

Ya'll are acting like she's Tibalt and she's more like Venser. She's not JaceTMS but her transformation is something you can naturally do. I don't give a gently caress about standard but people told me the most recent 2/2 for 3 phoneix was playable and this card certainly does more than most of those.

Flamewake is fringe playable.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
MM2 is looking pretty terrible so far.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

Is it any worse than any other spoiler season argument?

yes, actually, yes it is

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't imagine any other deck that would care more about face damage.

There are whispers from long ago, that there were decks called "Jund" and "Naya" but I don't put stock into rumors from soothsayers. Do you?

yes, actually, yes it is

This isn't a challenge to prove me wrong, please, but I can't think of anything more useless than arguing about fake cards so I agree with this

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Sigh, not going to that lgs for Monday night standard anymore. Takes 40 minutes to get there, normally 5 rounds. Today it was four. Lost round one, asked the coordinator about prize support. Even if I stayed for all three hours and won everything, I'd get three packs. Did not seem worth it, especially after a guy's weird homebrew deck destroyed my red deck due to utterly lovely draws and mana screw two games in a row. Hour and a half of driving isn'tworth that.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

rabidsquid posted:

This isn't a challenge to prove me wrong, please, but I can't think of anything more useless than arguing about fake cards so I agree with this

An argument about a fake card where half the people misread the fake card in the first place, to boot.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

There are whispers from long ago, that there were decks called "Jund" and "Naya" but I don't put stock into rumors from soothsayers. Do you?
Oh I see, the card with a heavily red mana cost and which cares about casting red spells will do better in a deck that runs less red.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
After hearing about all the MM1 hype I figured that it would probably be worth my while to buy 6 boxes of MM2 but yeah, right now I'm not that excited by it. I've already paid for them though so I'm pot committed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh I see, the card with a heavily red mana cost and which cares about casting red spells will do better in a deck that runs less red.

I can't believe that my joke was so handily disarmed. My shame is eternal

you win a prize for being the 10,000 person to sincerely argue with a joke I made though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

bhsman posted:

Decks that don't have blockers out early or don't run many creatures at all?

Those decks, in place of the creatures they're not running, usually run creature removal.

• Locked thread