Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How the hell do melee characters even survive cosmic midtown? I'm going there as ranged and I often die before the game starts rendering the thing that killed me. The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants appearing in that parking garage at the top of the map is a war crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Yeah, the 88 clearly showed that skill and effort were more important than the heroes people got. Skill >>> omeegas > effort > equipment > heroes. Which is why I can safely sign up again, even though I won't have time to play in August.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, it's gear and omegas. The poopsock stuff.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The real winner was those Ironman videos. I forget who made them but they were great.

Arboc's videos and that one Spiderman video were pretty much the highlight for me. I couldn't stop laughing at the latter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Eiffel On You posted:

Guys please respect Vision being amazing at this game.

42s TTK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6408265NNIc

Goons you're just terrible as always. Publords are bestest.
This is exactly the same build I came up with over the weekend thinking about how to make a ranged build but didn't bother to go through with because I wasn't sure if it would be workable zooming like an idiot through bosses. I feel slightly better about myself for that, but I'd still never get the gear to make it below a minute.

Also how does he not have a robot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

How the hell do melee characters even survive cosmic midtown? I'm going there as ranged and I often die before the game starts rendering the thing that killed me. The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants appearing in that parking garage at the top of the map is a war crime.

You completely gear differently (with many characters, not all) for CMM, CICP and Axis Raid. Gotta look at survivability as well and not 100% DPS in those modes. The guys who aren't dying much or at all--they're specced to kill and to live.

It's different than what this game was about 60 days ago, which was 100% Dps.

Baby Proof posted:

Yeah, the 88 clearly showed that skill and effort were more important than the heroes people got. Skill >>> omeegas > effort > equipment > heroes. Which is why I can safely sign up again, even though I won't have time to play in August.

Lucky for you, it will be done by August. :)

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

Arboc's videos and that one Spiderman video were pretty much the highlight for me. I couldn't stop laughing at the latter.

<3.

Shaming a friend is an incredibly strong motivator.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I want to join the fun times but after all that download on steam the 32-bit won't open and the 64-bit gives me that classic 0xc00007b error. I can only assume the Steam version just hates me and wants me to die. So... as a 64-bit windows 7 user...?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Eiffel On You posted:

Guys please respect Vision being amazing at this game.

42s TTK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6408265NNIc

Goons you're just terrible as always. Publords are bestest.

I was happy to pull a 46s ttk with a melee build earlier after respecing omegas for the 15th time or so (and that's just today) to get him just right. No Psionic Overload too. Dude's been a beast in cosmic midtown so far, even in melee - invuln, near invuln, pet taunt, high dodge, high projectile deflect, high damage reduction (half the time), huge heal, invisibility, passive health regen plus life on hit/invuln on my core...he just keeps on punching and only dies to the guaranteed one shots. I've yet to test his ttl at the Red Axis sentinels but I have high hopes. The more I play Vision, the more I like him. Can't wait for his bugs to be patched up.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ask The O and The O will deliver. This ban was amazing today.

Threadnought posted:

quote:

@EastVan said:
The buff will last the whole month

SW is not an avenger in the movie so no buff.
Cause Marvel says so...

Threadnought replies: I wrote a strongly worded letter to Jeff Klein at Marvel asking why they felt the need to force Gazillion to discriminate against fans of Wanda. I wanted to know who hated Wanda that much at Marvel that they would choke hold Gazillion with a vice like grip using the infinity gauntlet in order to deprive players in a video game a modicum of a bonus.

Does Marvel WANT to be the villain?

Flag Quote · 1Insightful

Then, he goes further...

quote:

@Threadnought said:

Yeah when I called up I asked for their PR department, since that's what they're there for, and his contact info was what I was offered.

To be fair, I doubt anyone at any corporation reads anything unless a lawyer is involved.

Flag Quote · Insightful Disagree Agree Awesome LOL

So Fenixion investigates as this is interesting. A PLAYER is CALLING Marvel about the buff!

A discovery unfolds:

quote:

AgentFenixion
AgentFenixion warned Threadnought for 5 points.
Alternate Account of Banned User. Main Account: Trickshaw

8:06PM Doesn't expire

He is then banned and Fenixion protects Mr Gaz from harm. Fin.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

I want to join the fun times but after all that download on steam the 32-bit won't open and the 64-bit gives me that classic 0xc00007b error. I can only assume the Steam version just hates me and wants me to die. So... as a 64-bit windows 7 user...?

Hmmmmmmm anybody who can help this guy? We need to assist this goon ASAP!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Eiffel On You posted:

Ask The O and The O will deliver. This ban was amazing today.

Threadnought posted:

Then, he goes further...

So Fenixion investigates as this is interesting. A PLAYER is CALLING Marvel about the buff!

A discovery unfolds:

He is then banned and Fenixion protects Mr Gaz from harm. Fin.

Good. Now maybe he can turn his attention to the notorious band of trolls and jokers known as "Groot Force."

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Dely Apple posted:

try this? http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1931360/0xc00007b-error-fix.html

sounds like redistributables are screwed up

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I'm gonna be too busy in June to do this next tournament, but here is why you should sign up for ICR's circus (the previously mentioned spooderman Ajax shame video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QKNw1u_60

You can spend a week of your life running Mandarin 150 times and then make a spiteful video about it.

It's more fun than it sounds.

I really only made this post so that Ajax could relive his failure again.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Lozareth posted:

I was happy to pull a 46s ttk with a melee build earlier after respecing omegas for the 15th time or so (and that's just today) to get him just right. No Psionic Overload too. Dude's been a beast in cosmic midtown so far, even in melee - invuln, near invuln, pet taunt, high dodge, high projectile deflect, high damage reduction (half the time), huge heal, invisibility, passive health regen plus life on hit/invuln on my core...he just keeps on punching and only dies to the guaranteed one shots. I've yet to test his ttl at the Red Axis sentinels but I have high hopes. The more I play Vision, the more I like him. Can't wait for his bugs to be patched up.

Mind sharing how you did omegas for melee please?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Prel posted:

I'm gonna be too busy in June to do this next tournament, but here is why you should sign up for ICR's circus (the previously mentioned spooderman Ajax shame video):

You can spend a week of your life running Mandarin 150 times and then make a spiteful video about it.

It's like you read my mind. I wanted to watch it again but didn't want to search through the thread for a link.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Thanks homeslices, I managed to get the 32-bit one going and we'll just go with that until I stop being angry. Angry at .net libraries or directx!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Prel posted:

I never said it at the time but I know we all went crazy last tourney. This was one of the best of the whole tourney. Starts the training. Shows the moves. Gets swole like a boulder.

Then, like a boss, he knocks out the favorite to win the whole tourney in Elite 8. I remember watching and being like, "Oh my god he actually did it."

And of course, I laughed throughout the whole video. As I did majority of the videos. The videos were unbelievably amazing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

Thanks homeslices, I managed to get the 32-bit one going and we'll just go with that until I stop being angry. Angry at .net libraries or directx!

Let us know your in game name so we can invite you to the supergroup. You'll want to spend time with the goons. We are actually nice here.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Eiffel On You posted:

Let us know your in game name so we can invite you to the supergroup. You'll want to spend time with the goons. We are actually nice here.

Well if you're going to strip me naked for my 300 gold, I'm DelyApple the Iron Man #302392.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I just started this yesterday. Made an account last year, but barely played it; downloaded it again, used the infinity splinters from day 2 login to get two random heroes.

Magneto is pretty fun so far!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

For super 96 are we doing the same instances or are we doing new ones? I hope its new for the first 3 at least.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

snergle posted:

For super 96 are we doing the same instances or are we doing new ones? I hope its new for the first 3 at least.

New.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It would be super cool to get an invite to the supergroup. Can't find anyone listed in the OP on.

Norns in game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Explain how and why to get these cheats

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

User posted:

Mind sharing how you did omegas for melee please?

If you don't mind using Psionic Overload, you can use the same omegas as Yepso's Thor build at marvelheroes.info since they're both phys/energy melee/ranged heroes. I want to keep his ttl high so I put a couple more points in Goblin Formula and 4 points in Sabretooth in the Mutation tree. I may have a point or 3 in Hyde Forumla too with max Weapon X. Can't remember atm. Probably not since my previous iterations were messing with Hyde Formula. I'm running 60% crit and 60-something% brutal with Sabretooth so that node ended up working great. It was also the only node remaining that would boost all Vision's skills. Also I use a ilvl 80 M'kraan Crystal on him over the Power Cosmic.

Reading about the poor gear that guy used for the 42s ttk has me wanting to mess with that build again. His pure ranged playstyle is not fun at all to me though.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 5, 2015

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Some Vision buffs/fixes incoming.

MichaelMayhem posted:

Increased offensive profile. Precise buffs still to be determined, but we're going to improve his damage in some capacity this week. As some may have noted, we're trending towards releasing characters in a more safe, controlled place in regards to tuning for their first week. This is much healthier for the game overall, as it helps to prevent power creep and preserves hero balance. Given Vision's very different Solar Power mechanics and how they interplay with his kit, it is not unexpected to find overlooked combinations of Omega or Items that could make him overpowered, as was seen in Test Center in one particular iteration. Now that he's been unleashed to the world and it's certain that he's under the bar, we can bring him up safely.

High-Density Slam will be altered to move to cursor location, just like it's phasing brother Comeuppance. This will make using these powers while density-dancing much more fluid, as they will have the same targeting styles. We'll also be making their animation times closer, ultimately making either version feel about the same in terms of combat feel.

His basic punch (in either density) isn't gaining the bonus damage after changing densities. That'll be fixed. Sorry!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

We rushed Vision We'll be buffing his damage so he's stupid ridiculous even in the five-thumbed hands of Amadeus Cho speccers.

High-Density Slam is a good change.

His basic punch literally lol that we missed this.

No mention of fixing the density shifting lock bug let's pretend this will happen because it's annoying as gently caress

Lozareth posted:

Reading about the poor gear that guy used for the 42s ttk has me wanting to mess with that build again. His pure ranged playstyle is not fun at all to me though.
What gear are you using for the punch spec? I've really liked Vision but having no GOKs or other obvious top tier artifacts means I'm running with basically just what I could scrape together for him.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

quote:

it is not unexpected to find overlooked combinations of Omega or Items that could make him overpowered, as was seen in Test Center in one particular iteration

:saddowns:

quote:

Increased offensive profile. Precise buffs still to be determined, but we're going to improve his damage in some capacity this week.

:toot:

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

quote:

As some may have noted, we're trending towards releasing characters in a more safe, controlled place in regards to tuning for their first week.

ahahahaha #chaosmagic

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Eiffel On You posted:

You completely gear differently (with many characters, not all) for CMM, CICP and Axis Raid. Gotta look at survivability as well and not 100% DPS in those modes. The guys who aren't dying much or at all--they're specced to kill and to live.

It's different than what this game was about 60 days ago, which was 100% Dps.

What are the basic ways people increase survivability? I figure you have to sacrifice offense somewhere, so is there a good rule of thumb for where you should look to add survivability gear/enchantments/etc. and what you should add? Specifically for characters with low Omegas; I'm up to like 400.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Yeah, they are talking about you there bub.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Shine posted:

What are the basic ways people increase survivability? I figure you have to sacrifice offense somewhere, so is there a good rule of thumb for where you should look to add survivability gear/enchantments/etc. and what you should add? Specifically for characters with low Omegas; I'm up to like 400.

Meh, i just switch to a better character. Gearing for survivability just means you aren't doing enough damage compared to the hps the boss gains by you being there. There is very little you can do to gain enough survivability without completely tanking your dps.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
I'll sign up for this crazy 96 craziness; ign karrdethuun

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
nerf scarlet witch

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Metrohunter posted:

nerf scarlet witch

disagree

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I discovered today that I have a grade 69 Legacy of Kraven that I have no idea how I got. Do these things drop? I checked my recent achievements and it wasn't from there.

EDIT: I'm seeing other people in the SG getting 69 Kravens too. I think mine was from a MM box, but it was only a level 42 box if so.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 5, 2015

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.

Metrohunter posted:

nerf scarlet witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Zombie Samurai posted:

I discovered today that I have a grade 69 Legacy of Kraven that I have no idea how I got. Do these things drop? I checked my recent achievements and it wasn't from there.

EDIT: I'm seeing other people in the SG getting 69 Kravens too. I think mine was from a MM box, but it was only a level 42 box if so.

Yeah, a few any hero uniques are dropping from ICP/MM boxes at ilevel 69, they seem to come from the 40ish range boxes, most of mine where while in 45+ icp.

• Locked thread