Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think that is cheese in that picture, but it reminds me, bacon cheeseburger pizzas covered in mustard are delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i like pineapple on a pizza

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

OctoberBlues posted:

I think that is cheese in that picture, but it reminds me, bacon cheeseburger pizzas covered in mustard are delicious.

You're goddamn right. :getin:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Coney pizzas, too, with hot dogs, chili, onions, and mustard. They're probably thread-appropriate, though:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Replace that hot dog with some spicy sausage and I'd loving eat that whole drat pie.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I actually tried this (if you can't tell, I like frozen pizza as a cheap/easy meal):

It was incredibly bland. The idea is decent enough, but the execution was pathetic.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
That crust is the most photoshopped thing I've seen since Lorde's face. There's no way the real thing isn't some soggy pathetic pass at edible goods.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Hirayuki posted:

Coney pizzas, too, with hot dogs, chili, onions, and mustard. They're probably thread-appropriate, though:

This makes me think a garbage plate pizza would own.

Garbage plate, now THAT is thread-appropriate.

E; here's one with a coupla hots.

sirbeefalot has a new favorite as of 05:02 on May 5, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Pizzas are good for experimenting and it's okay to have fun once in a while.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

sirbeefalot posted:

This makes me think a garbage plate pizza would own.

Garbage plate, now THAT is thread-appropriate.

E; here's one with a coupla hots.

I want that inside my body in an almost sexual way

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Donair pizza is popular up here in Calgary:

It's delicious.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you can put anything on a pizza, there are no pizza rules you goddamn pizza hitlers

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Simply Simon posted:

I imagine American pizza menus to read like this:

- Cheese
- Ham
- Shrooms
- Ham & Shrooms (costs extra)

And that's it

Any Italian restaurant in Germany has about 50 variants, and among these are three featuring Tuna, two featuring pineapple, veggies only, corn, sometimes I saw noodles (that crosses the line for me but whatever). Is this somehow unacceptable in your minds :psyduck:? You can literally put whatever the gently caress you want on pizza, you could put a whole dog on there or slather it in rapeseed oil or decide that your favourite topping is all the BBQ sauces of the rainbow and an entire clove of garlic in the middle*, who cares? The entire point of pizza is Bread + Sauce + [ ] + Cheese!

*this is not made up and loving awesome.

we have everything you listed except the bad poo poo like tuna corn and noodles plus we have more.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FlyinPingu posted:

you can put anything on a pizza, there are no pizza rules you goddamn pizza hitlers

Goons are weird about food (and almost everything actually) but I'm sure there are many things that wouldn't go good on pizza under any circumstances

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Goons are weird about food (and almost everything actually) but I'm sure there are many things that wouldn't go good on pizza under any circumstances

WHO CARES, IT'S PIZZA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FlyinPingu posted:

That tuna pizza was still ugly rear end hell

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

That tuna pizza was still ugly rear end hell

that pizza was very shameful, yes, but broke no pizza rules

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

FlyinPingu posted:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I used to go to a bar that had unlimited small pizzas and just eat black olive and anchovy pizza and drink beers for a long time.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

FlyinPingu posted:

Yes there are, and they are there for good reason you damned heathens..

According to the rules proposed by the Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana,[2] the genuine Neapolitan pizza dough consists of wheat flour (type 0 or 00, or a mixture of both), natural Neapolitan yeast or brewer's yeast, salt and water. For proper results, strong flour with high protein content (as used for bread-making rather than cakes) must be used. The dough must be kneaded by hand or with a low-speed mixer. After the rising process, the dough must be formed by hand without the help of a rolling pin or other machine, and may be no more than 3 millimeters (0.12 in) thick. The pizza must be baked for 60–90 seconds in a 485 °C (905 °F) stone oven with an oak-wood fire.[3] When cooked, it should be soft, elastic, tender and fragrant. There are three official variants: pizza marinara, which is made with tomato, garlic, oregano and extra virgin olive oil, pizza Margherita, made with tomato, sliced mozzarella, basil and extra-virgin olive oil, and pizza Margherita extra made with tomato, mozzarella from Campania in fillets, basil and extra virgin olive oil. The pizza napoletana is a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (Specialità Tradizionale Garantita, STG) product in Europe.[4][5]

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GrandMaster posted:

According to the rules proposed by the Associazione Vera Pizza Napoletana,[2] the genuine Neapolitan pizza dough consists of wheat flour (type 0 or 00, or a mixture of both), natural Neapolitan yeast or brewer's yeast, salt and water. For proper results, strong flour with high protein content (as used for bread-making rather than cakes) must be used. The dough must be kneaded by hand or with a low-speed mixer. After the rising process, the dough must be formed by hand without the help of a rolling pin or other machine, and may be no more than 3 millimeters (0.12 in) thick. The pizza must be baked for 60–90 seconds in a 485 °C (905 °F) stone oven with an oak-wood fire.[3] When cooked, it should be soft, elastic, tender and fragrant. There are three official variants: pizza marinara, which is made with tomato, garlic, oregano and extra virgin olive oil, pizza Margherita, made with tomato, sliced mozzarella, basil and extra-virgin olive oil, and pizza Margherita extra made with tomato, mozzarella from Campania in fillets, basil and extra virgin olive oil. The pizza napoletana is a Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (Specialità Tradizionale Garantita, STG) product in Europe.[4][5]

Having had a bunch of both I can comfortably say that good American pizza is better than good Italian pizza in almost every way

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

We're all a bunch of goony mcgoon gently caress rear end basketcases. Be proud of yourselves!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

kinmik posted:

That crust is the most photoshopped thing I've seen since Lorde's face. There's no way the real thing isn't some soggy pathetic pass at edible goods.

Iirc it's a render of a proposed pizza hut product that never actually saw the light of day

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

FlyinPingu posted:

Which Turtle are you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54au0Ve5I50

Foodbeast actually made some of them:
http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/06/03/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pizzas/

:barf:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Mmm, oil-soaked stale doritos and damp melted 'cheese'

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Look at this spice pie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1HHhjTKsd4

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Stuff the crust with Mountain Dew and we have a deal.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

re: "correct" pizza

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of pizza I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description, and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the pizza in this picture is not that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FlyinPingu posted:

As long as you put SOMETHING on it. Jfc, "plain" pizza is the saddest and most rage-inducing thing for me. Yeah I bet you take your LARGE CHEESE PIE and go straight to the ice cream shop with ten thousand flavor combinations and throw down on a big bowl of vanilla

Fuckin New Yorkers

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Data Graham posted:

As long as you put SOMETHING on it. Jfc, "plain" pizza is the saddest and most rage-inducing thing for me. Yeah I bet you take your LARGE CHEESE PIE and go straight to the ice cream shop with ten thousand flavor combinations and throw down on a big bowl of vanilla

Fuckin New Yorkers

Cheese is a flavor. I've had plenty of very good four cheese pizzas or just a plain margherita pizza (although technically that usually has basil on it so I guess it's not "plain"), and they are very commonly ordered even in countries that have ~real pizza~. Of course, if you consider like a LIttle caesars or hungry howies "cheese" pizza it's going to be pretty bland/gross, but that would still be true no matter what else they dump on top of it.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
If "plain" pizza is nonsense to you, eat a salad with it. That owns with quite a lot of pizzas, actually.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Everyone else shut the gently caress up.

What country, state/province/etc, and focus group do I need to be in for this to gently part my lips and steal away my naïvete and locos tacos

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Murphy Brownback posted:

Cheese is a flavor. I've had plenty of very good four cheese pizzas or just a plain margherita pizza (although technically that usually has basil on it so I guess it's not "plain"), and they are very commonly ordered even in countries that have ~real pizza~. Of course, if you consider like a LIttle caesars or hungry howies "cheese" pizza it's going to be pretty bland/gross, but that would still be true no matter what else they dump on top of it.

Sure, four cheese is fine, it's imaginative and takes some effort. But I just keep seeing guys in the office get a big floppy "plain" slice from the heatlamp shops and munch on it with a rapturous expression going "oh my god that's so fuckin good".

I mean geez, can I interest you in a peanut butter sandwich too? Hold the jelly, yes of course.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Stop being so anal retentive about the pizza, we get it, your pizza made with only the rarest of smelly cheeses with the crust made from the wheat grown in the middle of nowhere by an elderly amish couple is superior.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Alright, you giant babies. This pizza will probably blow your mind.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
When used as an adjective, it's "anal-retentive." It's only "anal retentive" without the hyphen when used as a noun.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Alright, you giant babies. This pizza will probably blow your mind.

Alright fuckers, prepare your anuses. This is going to rock. Your. World.

*posts middle-school Pizza Friday breadtangle*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

death .cab for qt posted:

Alright fuckers, prepare your anuses. This is going to rock. Your. World.

*posts middle-school Pizza Friday breadtangle*

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

GrandMaster posted:

When Italians stop living of benefits from us here in Northern Europe and learn how to run a functioning society I might start to pay attention to how they prepare warm sandwiches, until then they can gently caress right off.

• Locked thread