Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Thanks folks, I really appreciate the help on getting up to date on things and getting my group less gimpy.

Quick update, warrior is locking aggro and wizard is on full burn.

Basically the bitch is calling out every aa/disc to get slapped and the Rest ability was key, thanks for helping me out on that too. Pretty sure I have her shield/defensive AA's maxed but I think I need to chill at 100 for a bit to fill out what I am missing. Lots of hastened stuff and, jeez, there are so AA many now.

I still have to work on the Monks, but hey that's part of the fun for me.

15 Minute HA's? Hooooooly poo poo, ok that will be a long term goal, right now I am lucky if I can do a neriak in 45, and I am burnt out bad on gribble... and I like carpets!

Thanks again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Herv posted:

15 Minute HA's? Hooooooly poo poo, ok that will be a long term goal, right now I am lucky if I can do a neriak in 45, and I am burnt out bad on gribble... and I like carpets!

Back before the lockout timers were added, we spent an evening working on speed running Scouting Ahead with RoI mains. The group ended up being like Wiz/Wiz/Wiz/Dru/Mag/?? and we were zoning in, clearing the instance and zoning out before the 5 minute request timer was done.

And Enkel got called a dirty liar for posting our times on eqlive.

Herv posted:

Thanks folks, I really appreciate the help on getting up to date on things and getting my group less gimpy.

Quick update, warrior is locking aggro and wizard is on full burn.

Basically the bitch is calling out every aa/disc to get slapped and the Rest ability was key, thanks for helping me out on that too. Pretty sure I have her shield/defensive AA's maxed but I think I need to chill at 100 for a bit to fill out what I am missing. Lots of hastened stuff and, jeez, there are so AA many now.

I quit playing EQ around PoP/GoD, and came back a few years ago during House of Thule. Current EQ is a weird combination being a sped up version of old EQ plus ability bloat. There's no more aborting 3-5 CHeals in the same fight before landing one for enough value. Or only having 3 buttons on a 6-12s recast to use while auto attacking. Now the fights will take 30s, and you should be doing *something* every 1-3s in that fight. Long cast times became long recast times, the trick of clicking an item or aa between spells became a standard of gameplay.

For AAs, each expansion adds a few activated ones, and some support AAs to the older AAs. It's not too bad if you're paying attention as they get added, but there have been 17 expansions since AAs were added to the game. Their usefulness can range from fluff, to an unparsably small change, to useful, to class definingly important. With no real in-game way to tell the difference. Other players, guides, and looking up the spell info on lucy or raidloot.com are the only really trustworthy ways to find what is good and what is garbage.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I dont know if its intended or what but those new Legends are testcopyable

If I get rebanned now you know why

Welp nevermind they just turn into those prize cards, thought you would have to /claim it first so not as exciting. Still means I get every loot card from those sets though

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 1, 2015

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Seems Ragefire won the vote for the new server and is already on server list.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Darkhand and Jetz, your suggestions for me were not wasted time. Both the monks and wiz are hitting over 30k dps now (dependent on lots of variables of course) and I am sure there is still a lot of room for improvement but this is much better. :)

I need to take a few hours and research all of the AA's they have, would really be nice if there were some general guides. Five classes and the 17 expansions its a bit of material. I look at my enchanter and am overwhelmed at the amount. It reads like

(something I have to look up)
Hastened (something I have to look up)
Twenty more lines of the above.

I miss the class specific boards, it seems the sony ones are just a blob of info scattered about.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Is there no way to change the default layout to something user defined? Tried changing the defaults.ini to something but it did nothing. Would make testcopying stuff a lot less annoying and making my layout list a billion characters long

si
Apr 26, 2004

Herv posted:

I look at my enchanter and am overwhelmed at the amount. It reads like

(something I have to look up)
Hastened (something I have to look up)
Twenty more lines of the above.

I miss the class specific boards, it seems the sony ones are just a blob of info scattered about.

I did my enchanter setup and learning based on a dude who did some youtube videos on how to not be hopeless as a heroic enchanter. Think the name was Dandin?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

si posted:

I did my enchanter setup and learning based on a dude who did some youtube videos on how to not be hopeless as a heroic enchanter. Think the name was Dandin?

Sweet thanks will check it out later tonight and report back.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Enchanters have one of the highest learning curves in the game. It is the nature of the beast and their versatility. Enchanters are shite DPS, though, until very late. The first decent enchanter nuke is at 100 and the next at 105, and they are mana whores, though admittedly no moreso than wizard nukes which are, naturally, much better. Enchanter DPS is odd, even at 105, because your best bet is to essentially use only a 2-nuke rotation. Everything should be hit with your best Tash: it is a fast casting magic resistance debuff that costs virtually no mana and is unresistable - the higher-level versions also make your nukes do more damage. Then you need to keep Mind Storm on everything that is not mez'd. Mind Storm (105; at 100 it is Mind Squall) does not do much damage, but it does drain huge amounts of mana and is vital to chanter mana efficiency. I did not know about it until very late and I want to make sure the potential enchanters do, because it is amazing. Once you are ready to start nuking, you need to use Chaotic ____ on your target. This is a short-duration, single-target mez that costs a bit more than most, but it gives you two automatic Twincasts on your next two nukes. Basically, at 105, the enchanter nuke rotation is Chaotic Bewildering/Mindsunder/Mindcleave, and repeat ad infinitum. The 95 nuke, Mindscythe, is only to be used if absolutely needed as it is vastly inferior to Sunder and Cleave. I am also fortunate enough to have rank 2 Sunder and rank 3 Cleave, which helps quite a bit. If nothing mez'able is around, there are click items to work around that, but I have gone on long enough.

Enchanters are so little played these days that not a lot of people know much about them, so I am just trying to get the word out.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Pro Tip received. Thanks Jeff.

I do miss the days when they were the highest DPS class in the game but that kind of stupid damage was a bit op.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Herv posted:

I do miss the days when they were the highest DPS class in the game but that kind of stupid damage was a bit op.

Charm was so high-risk, though, that it was almost balanced. Some things could be trivialised if Charm stuck on the mob for long enough, but if it broke too early then it was a wipe. These days, anything even mildly dangerous is flagged as no-Charm and often no-Mez, so those days are gone. I was about to fight a named in a CotF Heroic Adventure the other day... I tried to charm six different mobs to tank him while I stood back and nuked his face off, and every single one of those bastards was flagged as Uncharmable. I still do charm sometimes and it is still good DPS, but I do not worry so much of it breaks as the truly vicious raid mobs cannot be charmed and enchanters have so many defensive spells, mez"s and stuns that simple group trash hardly worries me. There is a fixed-duration (in other words: does not break randomly) AA mez called Edict of Command, but it lasts maybe 5 minutes and has more than a 40-minute cooldown.

It doesn't half piss me off, but enchanter abilities are such game-changers that they almost have to make mobs immune to them or it would utterly break many encounters.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

So they pretty much broke test it seems, I just copied a ton of legends and 1 out of 3 give me ping potion packs which each have 10-20 mana potions that give 5,000 mana, with only 5 second recast

If there were an actual raid guild that could take advantage of it it would be funnier

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 3, 2015

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

So they pretty much broke test it seems, I just copied a ton of legends and 1 out of 3 give me ping potion packs which each have 10-20 mana potions that give 5,000 mana, with only 5 second recast

If there were an actual raid guild that could take advantage of it it would be funnier

7s cast time on the mana potions makes them pretty crappy as a non-emergency item.

I have a couple hundred from normal lon packs, and In the past year I've used about 10. Tower of Rot raid, Tower of Rot group mission, PoWar raid, and soloing while I trying to stretch a burn + lesson.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

jetz0r posted:

7s cast time on the mana potions makes them pretty crappy as a non-emergency item.

I have a couple hundred from normal lon packs, and In the past year I've used about 10. Tower of Rot raid, Tower of Rot group mission, PoWar raid, and soloing while I trying to stretch a burn + lesson.

I think youre using them conservatively tho? I just set up my cleric bot to chain cast level 97 Reverent Light Rk3 5 times then wait 7 seconds before going again, cleric ran OOM in 19 minutes 27 seconds, then I set it up to chain cast it 5 times and gulp a pot then repeat, 20 minutes in and still full mana

Maybe just not as useful as i thought it would be, was thinking 2-3 clerics doing it would be a main tank healers who could never go oom, maybe raiding doesnt work like that anymore? You know more than i do

Vag Assault Weapon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 3, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Raid clerics are like the last people to go OOM these days.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Had some leftover smedbucks so I bought a heroic character thing to play around with until the progression server opens. As someone who hasn't played much past PoP this poo poo is nigh-unfathomable. :psyduck:

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

join goon channel if you want to ask questions or just like butt stuff in general

/join serverwide.gchat:fygm

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Republicans posted:

Had some leftover smedbucks so I bought a heroic character thing to play around with until the progression server opens. As someone who hasn't played much past PoP this poo poo is nigh-unfathomable. :psyduck:

I'm just using one to run around the classic/kunark dungeons to remind myself of the layout. Even without knowing any of the appropriate AAs or spells to use, a level 85 and just smack anything that gets in the way.

I was in Runnyeye and Lower Guk last night, and next I'll be poking around to find Efreeti Lord Djarn in Sol B, then explore KC and Seb.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Looks like classic only won for the progression server. Kind of a shame, but oh well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Meaning it will open with classic only?

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

RCarr posted:

Meaning it will open with classic only?

That's what it looks like from the Q&A. No Kunark and no Velious at launch.

Edit: Source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Six months of Classic only.

Hail Satan!

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Tainted results me thinks. But whatever it is what it is.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Are there any non suicide inducing ways to raise bind wound from 1-550?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
I doubt the new progression server will really stay at classic for 6 months. Theres a voting system in place and its easy enough to have another vote if subscriptions start to drop and the result will be whatever the business wants. I'm guessing we'll see Kunark within 4 months.

Any subsequent votes will only be by people paying and who have at least a level 29 character on the server, so the results shouldn't be skewed by people voting from the live servers.

They could also play games with having a 2nd accelerated server and give free transfers (or paid !).

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Are there any non suicide inducing ways to raise bind wound from 1-550?

The Erudin Burning raid, Torches of Truth has a torch that locks your HPs to 50% while it's equipped. Fill your inv with bandages, request that raid, equip the torch, and autofire away all night.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I am not planning to play TLP myself, but they are going to have to have instancing simply because so many areas are going to be so packed early on. I still think that they should have opened up with Kunark, if only to spread things out a bit.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
TLP being restricted to all access membership is a nice cash grab this time around.

It looks like most of the responses in the announcement post missed that part.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

koreban posted:

TLP being restricted to all access membership is a nice cash grab this time around.

It looks like most of the responses in the announcement post missed that part.

Fippy had/has the same requirement

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Fippy had/has the same requirement

I seem to recall having an EQ sub, but not All Access when I was on Fippy. Did they consolidate them some time recently?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

koreban posted:

I seem to recall having an EQ sub, but not All Access when I was on Fippy. Did they consolidate them some time recently?

A few years ago. There's only one tier of paid DBG monthly access, and it's All Access.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I still have some accounts grandfathered in under the Silver membership. The current F2P is absolutely awful, especially in regards to not even letting people into public channels. Silver, for a $5 flat fee if memory serves, was actually a good system but it was dropped due to not making them enough money.

Great idea to try and get people into a supposedly Massively Multiplayer game: don't let them interact with other players.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
Beta is up for the TLP server.

They are using classic models, which is pretty cool. 100s of players on tonight for the launch, mostly testing the instanced newbie zones, which seem to work really well and transitioning through them is painless, so you can stay with your buddies/boxes without too much hassle. It doesnt seem to matter if you're grouped or not when zoning in, but the work well enough.

You can do the /betabuff command to set your level from 20-50 in increments of 5, if anyone wants to try some mid level dungeons or whatnot.

Here's a link to the Beta installer

As far as I know, that's what you have to use, and there's no way to patch your live client to access beta.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Basfreak67 posted:

Beta is up for the TLP server.

Here's a link to the Beta installer

As far as I know, that's what you have to use, and there's no way to patch your live client to access beta.

No, but you can copy your Everquest files to a new folder and that significantly decreases download/install/patch time.

EDIT: Never mind. Server was down even though it said Up.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 8, 2015

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Nooooo, people on the official forums are already complaining that leveling is too fast on the beta server because they can get 10% exp off of a fire beetle at Lv.1. I know Daybreak said they weren't gonna do the 2% cap again like Fippy had but I really hope they don't listen to those mutants who think slow leveling is both good and important.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Republicans posted:

Nooooo, people on the official forums are already complaining that leveling is too fast on the beta server because they can get 10% exp off of a fire beetle at Lv.1. I know Daybreak said they weren't gonna do the 2% cap again like Fippy had but I really hope they don't listen to those mutants who think slow leveling is both good and important.

There's a fair bit of pushback against the crazy "leveling should be painful" crowd in the thread I was reading, thankfully.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Never understood the 'hurt me brad!' Crowd.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

Republicans posted:

These are also people who played till like level 3 and started raging till people laughed them off the server. Once you hit around lvl 5 it slows down, not dramatically, but enough to notice.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I would think that they would want to slow down leveling in order to extend the shelf life of the novelty and get more sub fees. The beta might be open to people who are not All-Access (I am honestly not sure), but we know that the actual server will be "Gold" only and a fair few people are going to resubscribe in order to have a go at it, so I would assume that they would want to string things out as much as possible in order to bring in more revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Hrm, I seem to have hit a snag on TDS progression. I am trying to get the following partisan task from Firiona Vie:

TDS Progression #5: The Absent Scholar
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7707

I have all of these quests in my quest log:
Pre-Requisites for Requesting:
- Completion of "A Rising Storm" (Tempest Temple)
- Completion of "Gathering Clouds" (Tempest Temple)

And successfully ran these Group Missions:
- Completion of "Clearer Skies" (Tempest Temple) -- Group Mission
- Completion of "The Edge of Balance" (Katta Castrum: Deluge) -- Group Mission

The group missions don't show up under the quest log, but that seems to jibe with all the other ones I have done.
I have done all of the quests/missions in Tempest Temple fwiw.

She just says 'Sorry Herv, I don't have anything for someone with your abilities'.

I am lvl 103, anyone know what the am I missing here? I am sure I am borking up something but not quite sure what it is.