Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'll expect any Golden Sun LP, even if the LP'er likes it, will get a lot of comments by viewers/readers about what parts are stupid. I know I have some things to say about Dark Dawn.

this is the nature of LP, sadly.

i for one look forward to all the people who spoil the ending on page 1 of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hell, I'd probably be more interested if anything in a LP that treats GS3 positively, just to get someone else's perspective on things. The current FF8 LP definitely makes me reconsider a few things from a game I'm not a fan of, so maybe a similar GS3 LP would do the same.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52687139/rips/GoldenSunDarkDawnMessageRipEUR.rar

Knock yourselves out, guys.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Well snap, now that might make it actually feasible and thus enough to actually get me off my rear end and try it...

You are a forums treasure as always Curtiss.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
A 100% TAS of Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole for the Sega Genesis was just uploaded to their site. There aren't any longplays of it, and I want to be able to hear what the townspeople say and what the story is like, so I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to do either a VLP or at the very least an SSLP of the game. There was a hybrid LP of it, but it was abandoned back in 2007.

Of course, if someone were to also do Time Stalkers as well, that'd be awesome.

AMReese fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 25, 2015

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I would like an LP of Full Mojo Rampage,possibly in the style of Xaiter's Binding of Issac LP.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I'll throw out a request. It may have a playthrough on the archives already, but I'd like to see a Shinobi and Nightshade LP done by someone that really knows those games and demonstrates them in a very skillful manner, much like yoshesque's Bayonetta LP for example.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

I have always really wanted to see an LP of the game 7 Blades. It's one of those fun and weird games that came out in the early years of the PS2.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Whenever it gets on PC I'd like to see someone go through Axiom Verge. I just beat it on the PS4 but wow did I miss a lot, and there' a lot there with the secret notes and worlds and things.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Going to rerequest Warship Gunner 2 since it looks like the only way I'm ever going to make one myself would require a capture card that I'm not interested in buying. PCSX2 hates it and every attempt I've seen at porting the translation to the PSP version has vanished.

thefailtrain
Apr 4, 2011

Counterpoint: More pink.

Wild Knight posted:

I actually kinda want to do this one as a sort of training wheels LP for myself (because it's not like it's a super-hard RPG, it's just super wordy and there are those text capture programs now) but I actually liked Golden Sun, even Dark Dawn, so SA is probably not the best audience for anything that might come out of that. :v:

I was actually considering something similar for myself, honestly. ...If I could ever manage to drag enough time out of other various distractions to actually work on it. That and actually figuring out how to get a good screencap off of the emulator. Haven't managed to put enough time into figuring that one out.

VV Well, I guess I have somewhere to start now, thanks.

thefailtrain fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 1, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

thefailtrain posted:

I was actually considering something similar for myself, honestly. ...If I could ever manage to drag enough time out of other various distractions to actually work on it. That and actually figuring out how to get a good screencap off of the emulator. Haven't managed to put enough time into figuring that one out.

The best way to do that is make an AVI recording using the emulator's built in functionality, then taking screens from the recording with VLC, Media Player Classic, Irfanview, etc.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Has anyone thought of doing a strongly narrative based Let's Play of Monster Hunter? I have never seen someone do it and it seems like it would be interesting to do and see.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Samael posted:

Has anyone thought of doing a strongly narrative based Let's Play of Monster Hunter? I have never seen someone do it and it seems like it would be interesting to do and see.

I've played a decent amount of Monster Hunter 3, and I don't think this would work, because for the most part, the plot of Monster Hunter is "Bad stuff bad. Go kill bad stuff. Now make stuff to kill more bad stuff"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm half threatening to do one for God Eater Burst, which has an anime as hell story to riff on.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'd like for someone to do a simultaneous playthrough of the PC and Console versions of 007: Nightfire, side by side. It's an odd request, but they are, like, completely different games, and the PC version is actually worse in every way somehow. I could go really in-depth, but I think a VLP or Hybrid LP series showing off all the differences could be really fun to watch and demonstrate better than I could explain. To sum it up, the PC version is pretty much a bad James Bond mod for the WON version of Half-Life 1 developed by Gearbox, while the console version is actually a pretty solid game.

e; Actually, disregard this. I've played further into the game and the PC version goes from amusingly terrible to just kind of tedious and dull. It would be cool to see the console version, but I can see why the last LP attempted of the PC version was abandoned.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 2, 2015

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'd kind of be amused to see someone do an LP of Gauntlet Dark Legacy. I think the Gamecube version had the most content, but I might be misremembering. Would probably work best for one of the LP groups like the Men Drinking Coffee or Pokecapn and his posse or whatever, since the game really does demand co-op.
Wasted too many hours with that poo poo as a kid.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You know that Crusader Kings 2 tutorial LP that was active months ago? I wish someone did something similar with Europa Universalis 4, because I have no idea how that game works, but I would like to.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Requesting Sony Cambridge's duo of underrated PS2 games, Primal and Ghost Hunter. Both aren't in the Archive.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OP is updated to this point.

Sony Cambridge became Guerrilla Cambridge, right? Killzone: Mercenary was a daaaamn good game. I'd be interested in seeing what their older stuff looked like.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Blind Sally posted:

OP is updated to this point.

Sony Cambridge became Guerrilla Cambridge, right? Killzone: Mercenary was a daaaamn good game. I'd be interested in seeing what their older stuff looked like.
Yeah, they did. They also made the Medievil games.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Something I'd like to see someday is someone do a comprehensive look at Kaijuu Busters for the DS. It's a solid monster-hunter style game set in the Ultraman universe, only without Ultraman. You're a member of Science Patrol flying around the Galaxy fighting giant monsters with your own two hands and various craftable weapons. But the whole thing is in Japanese so it's difficult to play without knowing that language.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
please give me a let's play of every videogame ever made thanks

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I wanna throw up a reqest for Far Cry 4, unless it's already being worked on. Didn't see it in the Master List.

Basically it's a good game, but I suck horribly at it. I'd rather watch someone who knows what they're doing play it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Putty posted:

please give me a let's play of every videogame ever made thanks

One day, Putty. One day.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 4, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It is the ultimate goal of Let Us Play. Once it is finally achieved we shall transcend to a higher existence of game.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Accordion Man posted:

It is the ultimate goal of Let Us Play. Once it is finally achieved we shall transcend to a higher existence of game.

The act known as "getting a life"

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
A bit surprised that it hasn't been done, or requested, yet, but I'd like to see an LP of Alien Isolation.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Khisanth Magus posted:

A bit surprised that it hasn't been done, or requested, yet, but I'd like to see an LP of Alien Isolation.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707293

e: vvv :smug:

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

Good news! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707293

Edit: GODDAMMIT

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think someone should do a new video lets play of the Timesplitters trilogy because there are no Lets Plays for Timesplitters 1, Timesplitters 2 isn't in the LP archive and even if it was Future Perfect's videos have been removed from blip so I'd expect the same is true for 2. This sucks, because Timesplitters is very good.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

I don't know how i didn't see that, and it isn't in the LP master list!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't know if it would run afoul of the ban on Pokemon LPs, but I'd be interested in an LP of Pokemon Conquest, especially with an informative focus on the relevant Japanese history.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Khisanth Magus posted:

I don't know how i didn't see that, and it isn't in the LP master list!

You should add it to the master list!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Blind Sally posted:

You should add it to the master list!
Yeah, it's always good to remind people that the Master List is updated by you, the viewer. Without your continuing support and input, many great LP's will fall through the cracks of society and not get the tender care they need. So if you happen to see something that you think should be on the master list, then please check the Sandcastle OP, find the login info for the master list, and do your part to keep LP's accounted for properly.

Also hug someone because they deserve it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It's also in the OP of this thread.

And for posterity:

baldurk posted:

The Master List
The Master List contains as complete as possible a list of all Let's Plays that have been started on this forum. It was written to provide all the functionality needed for locating and updating information about Let's Play threads.

If you want to find a thread, you can browse or search - but be aware that by default, abandoned threads have been hidden. If you want to find out if a game has been done before, make sure you search for it, in case the previous thread was abandoned - and thus not on that list.

In order to update out of date information on the list, you can log in with the login: SALP / snatched. If you notice any vandalism on the list, feel free to fix it. If you don't know what it should be, or there is a significant amount of destruction, contact baldurk (email) and he can fix it.

Master list issues - anything that is related to the master list can be posted about in the sandcastle. If you have any questions, comments, bug reports or feature requests they can all go in there or direct to baldurk.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to throw a request for South Park: The Stick of Truth. It's one I've wanted to do but don't feel I could do justice because it pretty much has to be done as a VLP to work and I always sound bored when I talk over a game. It'd need some editing for the slower parts, like where there's a bunch of battles, and hosting on Youtube may be an issue considering there's a lengthy cutscene and boss battle where the protagonist's parents are going full hardcore among other things, but holy poo poo is this game great in a lot of aspects and more people should get exposure to it if possible, plus it'd be hilarious in the right hands.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

I have two requests, both of less-popular PS2 games; Primal and Kya: Dark Lineage were both great action/adventure games with interesting mechanics, not-too-derivative characters, and stories that, while kinda formulaic, were fun to go through. Sadly, I don't have a capture card or emulation at-hand to record either game.

Primal also has a PS3 port (via the Playstation classics collection and the PSN store), so that might be of assistance.

Edit: Missed Accordion Man's request for Primal and Ghost Hunter. I'm going to agree with his assessment, too.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Odd posted:

I would like to request an LP of "The Lord of the Rings Vol. I", the 1990/1993 pc game by interplay. It's been attempted a few times before (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3486084 and http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3529094) but both times it was never finished. There's a couple of video LPs on youtube but they are, ah, not good. I think an SSLP here, that finishes, could do the game some justice.

I've re-started mine from scratch! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3719533

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Just checking in to say Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time is finished now.

• Locked thread