Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
An Ikharos 8" F8 RC Telescope, hopefully, finally, completing the imaging setup I've been working towards for the last three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1redflag posted:

Classic rookie mistake.

Yeah that's just setting mood lighting.

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS

Jekub posted:

An Ikharos 8" F8 RC Telescope, hopefully, finally, completing the imaging setup I've been working towards for the last three years.

This is really cool. Could you please show us what the images look like when you get a clear night? What's the dob for?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Something something astrologists something something objects appearing larger than they actually are something something

Jokes aside that's a kickin rad telescope

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool

Whiskey posted:

What's the dob for?

That's my old 10" Newtonian the RC is replacing, it's to be sold at this point. Pictures will be in the Amateur Astronomy thread down in DIY and Hobbies once it stops raining. Which might be weeks now I've bought this.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

This is from a page or two back but I don't even loving care. Goddamn that's pretty, everything I own is darker than that but I love that style good find! I hope the drawers et. all are in good shape.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Jekub posted:

I'm not trying to sound all preachy like I know your hobby better than you do, but if it was ~me~ I'd have the telescope outside or at least have a hole in the roof or something for it to look though :colbert:

share pics when you get it up and rolling!!!!!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ZeusCannon posted:

This is from a page or two back but I don't even loving care. Goddamn that's pretty, everything I own is darker than that but I love that style good find! I hope the drawers et. all are in good shape.

The drawers are in great shape. The top veneer needs some rehabilitation, but the thing is solid wood and the ceramic nobs are awesome.

TDOM
Apr 4, 2002

because I hate money

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
It's not deco furniture, but I also had a good thrift shop find recently. 99.9% of the jackets/blazers at Goodwill are just godawful, but I usually check them out just in case. Yesterday I lucked out and found a chocolate brown jacket that fits great. Two-button, single-breasted, notch lapels, great condition overall. Seems like it was donated because the stitch holding part of the lining on broke, but it should be simple enough to fix.

$7 including dry cleaning, so the price is definitely right.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

The drawers are in great shape. The top veneer needs some rehabilitation, but the thing is solid wood and the ceramic nobs are awesome.

My desk is that style and I love it. It's not in that good of shape but I got it for free because the fellow who owned it was going to use it for firewood / had been using it to hold wood he was drilling through. Thankfully it wasnt so bad. I put some wood putty in it and since the hole is under my laptop I got a pretty good desk for free. Also saved it from some weird rear end in a top hat who doesn't appreciate furniture (strictly speaking my uncle was the one that saved it since he saw it and was like what the hell are you doing?).

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Speaking of Treks I just got this bad boy:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I just went to the thrift store and bought the only varsity-style jacket they had on the rack - the only one I found anywhere in town, for a costume (Jacket, appropriately enough, from Hotline Miami.)

The jacket had $250 in cash in the pocket :catstare:

Favourite recent purchase indeed.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 07:06 on May 5, 2015

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

TDOM posted:

because I hate money

How much did it cost?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

strangemusic posted:

I just went to the thrift store and bought the only varsity-style jacket they had on the rack - the only one I found anywhere in town, for a costume (Jacket, appropriately enough, from Hotline Miami.)

drat, I've got to start checking pockets. That's a hell of a find.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

David Copperfield posted:

How much did it cost?

I think it's like 300 bucks

TDOM
Apr 4, 2002

David Copperfield posted:

How much did it cost?

with 10% off and credit from previous purchases I managed to knock it down to 282 euro. It usually retails for 419 euro.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I bought the BloodBorne Collector's Edition Guide. This thing is a 600-page hardback thing of beauty.

Also I bought a clipper for my beard cuz the battery powered one I had wasn't cutting it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the guide is super cool

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every single page is just "Get good"

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Also I bought a clipper for my beard cuz the battery powered one I had wasn't cutting it.

Make sure you dry it off super meticulously after you clean it(if you use water). I got one last year and left some water in between the blades overnight and it started to rust.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

I bought the BloodBorne Collector's Edition Guide. This thing is a 600-page hardback thing of beauty.

Where and how much? I must have this.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Where and how much? I must have this.

LMGTFY

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I bought several spices and 12 oz of Tilapia to make some lunch today.

http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/grilled-blackened-tilapia/ Here's the recipe I used, It was very tasty but I think next time I do it, I'll only coat one side of the fish. It ended up way overpowering the flavors of the fish

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

http://www.101cookingfortwo.com/grilled-blackened-tilapia/ Here's the recipe I used, It was very tasty but I think next time I do it, I'll only coat one side of the fish. It ended up way overpowering the flavors of the fish

Did you put that protein powder on your fish?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

What kind of tilapia are you buying that actually has a flavour? Any time I've bought it it's always been a generic whitefish.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Meatwave posted:

Did you put that protein powder on your fish?

He's getting hella gains

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
You're right, the fish is pretty lacking in flavor, I should've said that while the recipes calls to coat both sides, you really only need to do one side for optimal enhancement of the tasteless fish meat

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

i am sorry that you ate tilapia but i am glad that you did everything in your power to pretend it wasn't

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Jaramin posted:

Make sure you dry it off super meticulously after you clean it(if you use water)

You're really not supposed to clean hair clippers with water. Brush off any remaining hair with a stiff bristle brush and periodically oiling the cutting surfaces is all it should ever need.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Wow, you guys are really down on tilapia. Sometimes I feel like some fish but fancy fish is expensive.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

It's not that I'm against tilapia, I've just never noticed any particular flavor when eating it is all.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A frame to hold my lovely signed print from the new Best Coast album:

Grip thingies because I already wore through the thumbstick on my PS4 controller and it's super uncomfortable:

Target-brand knockoff Birkenstocks, they're super comfy/high quality and I got them for super cheap. Plus now I can dress like Joaquin Phoenix in Inherent Vice:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

strangemusic posted:

When I was young we used to play in my friends parents room, for some reason.

I remember we went through his dads closet and were floored when we found a $100 bill in the inside pocket of each of his jackets.

His dad was pissed that we were rooting through his stuff when he found out, but explained he did it for emergencies, if he was ever stranded and needed cash.

This was the early 90's, so long before the prevalence of mobile payment

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I dunno how old you are, but the way you explained that made me feel really old.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I bought a Diesel jacket

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

peter gabriel posted:

I bought a Diesel jacket

Why

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I liked the look of it, and no regrets here, it fits well and makes me look like a loving odonis.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

peter gabriel posted:

I liked the look of it, and no regrets here, it fits well and makes me look like a loving odonis.

Sounds good, friend. Care to post a photo of that jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Indeed, in YLLS no less?