Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Joementum posted:

Senor Bush has a Cinco de Mayo message for other Hispanic Americans, like himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqc1KtHauSg

I MEAN I CAN'T BE SURE BUT I THINK HE"S USING A TELEPROMPTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that or his eyes are naturally shifty

conclusion: no trust, no quarter

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

Senor Bush has a Cinco de Mayo message for other Hispanic Americans, like himself.

I'm confused as to why this is taking place in a factory.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao the comments

Jeb is going to be ripped apart by the other candidates for treating hispanic people like people.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Please indicate the proportion of the Green Party platform that betrays a lack of common sense to the proportion that does not. Having glanced at the platform, I recall that the alternative medicine part was something like two lines of a multi-page platform. I imagine the anti-nuke stance is similar.

EDIT:

Also, re: anti-fluoridation, I recall that some state platforms are nuttier than the national platform. If you're voting Green for President, you don't also have to vote for your nuttier Green gubernatorial candidate. Each candidate stands on their own merits as well as the merits of the party as a whole. This is why we can talk about voting for Bernie despite the fact that he's running for the nomination of a party which has consistently failed to prosecute Wall Street all 8 years it's been in power.

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of these, but if I met anyone in real life who believed in homeopathy and was against flouride and vaccinations, I wouldn't trust them in any position of authority regardless of whatever other beliefs they held.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

eternalname posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of these, but if I met anyone in real life who believed in homeopathy and was against flouride and vaccinations, I wouldn't trust them in any position of authority regardless of whatever other beliefs they held.

Hence why I say you have to judge each candidate on their merits. The same goes for the major parties too.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Hence why I say you have to judge each candidate on their merits. The same goes for the major parties too.

One of the key merits: Is this candidate viable?

Hint: Usually, a maximum of two per election applies.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

My Imaginary GF posted:

Phew! I was worried someone wouldn't come in to justify voting Republican if you are a Democrat in Wyoming, but lo and behold...

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Badger of Basra posted:

I'm confused as to why this is taking place in a factory.

NAFTA :v:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Joementum posted:

Out of random interest, are there any Spanish-speaking Goons who can comment on how good his language is?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed far less enthusiasm for Rand Paul than for his father four years ago. Thank Christ.

He's sold out on every major issue and the Paultards have mostly jumped ship, it's a shame.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

My Imaginary GF posted:

The candidate isn't viable because the people won't vote for him because the candidate isn't viable...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

IXIX posted:

Out of random interest, are there any Spanish-speaking Goons who can comment on how good his language is?

It's fine. Very basic and formal structure, but that is pretty typical for a political ad. Nobody would talk with that cadence and grammar on the street though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Joementum posted:

The DNC has announced there will be six sanctioned primary debates, beginning this fall. Each of the early primary states (IA, NH, NV, SC) will host at least one debate, and candidates will have to agree to participate in only the DNC sanctioned debates.

Somewhere, Reince Priebus is asking a bottle of whiskey why it can't be this simple for him.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Carrasco posted:

Somewhere, Reince Priebus is asking a bottle of whiskey why it can't be this simple for him.

that's what happens when you feed the Dark Wolf

Corrupt Politician
Aug 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

The DNC has announced there will be six sanctioned primary debates, beginning this fall. Each of the early primary states (IA, NH, NV, SC) will host at least one debate, and candidates will have to agree to participate in only the DNC sanctioned debates.

With only one candidate (Clinton) who benefits from having fewer debates, how can they enforce the sanctioned-debate-only rule? If every other candidate decides to just ignore it and do other debates, they can't exactly kick them all out and just have Hillary talking to herself for 90 minutes...

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Corrupt Politician posted:

With only one candidate (Clinton) who benefits from having fewer debates, how can they enforce the sanctioned-debate-only rule? If every other candidate decides to just ignore it and do other debates, they can't exactly kick them all out and just have Hillary talking to herself for 90 minutes...

I don't think any of the other candidates have any real incentive to be at a debate that Hillary isn't at. So I don't think it would do the other candidates much good to try and defect unless Hillary decides to do so, for some reason God only knows.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think you're also going to have Khaleesi, Bernie, and maybe O'Malley or some other maniac, rather than the clown car. I also don't think any of them are doing it primarily to hustle books.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i can't think of a Democratic scampaign, really, but I'd love to know about being wrong

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Nessus posted:

I think you're also going to have Khaleesi, Bernie, and maybe O'Malley or some other maniac, rather than the clown car. I also don't think any of them are doing it primarily to hustle books.

Mother of Dragons 2016? What did I miss here?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Mother of Dragons 2016? What did I miss here?

Obama's white house press dinner speech, is what you missed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IXIX posted:

Dude can't roll his Rs but then against don't think anyone up here can. He's not bad.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mooyashi posted:

i can't think of a Democratic scampaign, really, but I'd love to know about being wrong

It would be really easy to do, just have a Bernie Sanders character that is focused around GMOs instead of wealth inequality.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Someone suggested a while ago that the DNC should find a right-wing candidate so Hillary doesn't spend all of debate season making GBS threads all over the party's left and disillusioning the base for the general.

Here is Delaware governor Jack Markell spouting Third Way platitudes in The Atlantic as a direct challenge to Hillary's rhetorical drift leftward. He'd be perfect in that role - a boring and dated DLC relic.

Also, re: worshiping The Holy Founders...

Thomas loving Jefferson posted:

I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident, "_that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living_;" that the dead have neither powers nor
rights over it. The portion occupied by an individual ceases to be his when himself ceases to be, and reverts to the society.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

IXIX posted:

spanish as a second language, but fluently

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cubey posted:

The Greens are staunchly anti-nuclear and they are also supporters of various forms of woo like homeopathy and are firmly against GMOs and water flouridation.

By all means if someone agrees with these policies, then that person should go and vote for them (it's their right after all), but the Greens and their supporters are certainly worthy of criticism.

Yeah I voted for Nader twice, but loving hell the inmates have taken over the asylum with the Greens. Every pet issue of bored white people with limited education on the topic has become a *big deal* with them and all it's doing is isolating them from the next generation. Pacifica has the same issue, the baby boomers are pushing away the younger people with their petty bullshit and it's killing the radio network.

Wabbit
Aug 22, 2002

Have you any figs, Sir?

Harrow posted:

My favorite part of the intro is when Huckabee makes sure to mention God, guns, grits, and gravy in the first two pages. Spoilers: he can't get any of them in New York :smith:

It's weird, because I looked up five soul food restaurants in Manhattan randomly, and they all had grits. I can't figure why Huckster didn't notice....

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

computer parts posted:

It would be really easy to do, just have a Bernie Sanders character that is focused around GMOs instead of wealth inequality.

Food Babe for president.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

A three-person debate with the right, center, and left of the democratic party represented actually sounds pretty watchable.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
hes_catching_on.gif

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

hes_catching_on.gif

He's huge in northern Alaska!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol at Alaska being first to go

With all the oil i think we're too establishment for Rand

Efb

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Sir Tonk posted:

Pacifica has the same issue, the baby boomers are pushing away the younger people with their petty bullshit and it's killing the radio network.

Don't know about the rest of their programming, but I've found that their Nightly News program hasn't (yet) devolved to poo poo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vox Nihili posted:

He's huge in northern Alaska!

Based off of this I think each torch represents one person.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Based off of this I think each torch represents one person.

Every other person cuz I'm definitely not included

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I guess Rand doesn't want to win the primaries in Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico. :colbert:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Cliff Racer posted:

Joementum posted:

Ben Carson has some thoughts on guns. Some gun thoughts.

Thank goodness that, unlike the notoriously unarmed populations of the Middle East, Americans have the tools to defend themselves against the ISIS attack sqauds that are totally, probably within our borders. Perhaps even next door! OH NO THE ISIS IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Hobbes died in 1679, but otherwise, sure, good point. Perhaps he was such a good philosopher that he found the Philosopher's Stone and became immortal. That's probably it.

Honestly, they very well could be, just not in the take over the town and establish a caliphate sense. The border is porous, they have expressed a desire to perform attacks abroad and "seige" attacks have recently had a better track record than other stuff at generating large amounts of media attention. I could be quoting this and laughing at you in two years for being part of another "Sarah Palin on Russia in Ukraine" type of situation.
Or, you know, I could be quoting this and laughing at him in two days. You never know!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

I guess Rand doesn't want to win the primaries in Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico. :colbert:

This is America not Meckico:clint:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cliff Racer posted:

Or, you know, I could be quoting this and laughing at him in two days. You never know!

There's a pretty wide gulf between "ISIS claims" and "ISIS organized". I'd say the gulf is about 5,000 miles and mostly full of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Don't know about the rest of their programming, but I've found that their Nightly News program hasn't (yet) devolved to poo poo.

A lot of the rest of their programming is like straight up scam "medicine" ad infomercial poo poo and the like. It's super fuckin sad.

• Locked thread