Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Magres posted:

I'm looking at it and not really seeing why it's terrible compared to the 50 100 or the 50B :iiam:

It has an autoloader that vomits damage and the pen to deliver it, that alone is enough to make a tank at least decent. I mean yeah being in tier 10 games is pretty lame, but you've easily got the gun to curbstomp tier 10s.

It has zero depression and elevation and a long intra-drum reload, so it's not the greatest autoloader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fair, no elevation or depression is pretty bad

I was really looking forward to the 50 120, too :smith:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Question about this replay for anyone that would care to give an opinion:

Well, two questions.

1. The first position I took was behind the tanks that went East. When our east flank made contact with the enemy, that contact was out of my view range. I wouldn't normally consider that to be good positioning, but this is Steppes, and our east flank pushed really hard forward. I ended up taking out a Type 59 that was flanking, and then I left that position for the center because the flank looked well in hand. Question 1 is: was that position too far back, or would I have been better off (strategically - I know it worked out this time) taking a position more towards the defense line by the base? My thinking on that position is that it's not bad at all when the team doesn't push too far forward too fast, and I honestly was not expecting these guys to be that aggressive.

2. At about 2 minutes or so in, I made a decision to pop over a ridge and take a few hits in order to give some enemy tanks that were pushing through the middle road something to think about before they got too far. I knew my gun depression required me to expose a lot of my tank, and I knew I was going to take two hits, but probably not more. I made the trade with full knowledge of what was going to happen; I just knew that I had to stop those guys from surrounding our base guys. You'll have to take the situation on the minimap into consideration when answering this question. I honestly want to know if that was a good trade or not, considering how early it was in the game.

You don't have to watch the rest of the replay. It's nothing spectacular; just typical BL-10 nonsense. But if one or more of you could watch the first 3-4 minutes and give me your opinion on those two questions I'd appreciate it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
These are supposed to be the conditions for the 4th mission.

Mission: That's No Moon
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Conditions:
Destroy an SPG

Mission: Those are the droids I was looking for
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Conditions:
Spot 2 or more vehicles in a single battle

Mission: The Hutt
Restrictions:
Tier IV or Higher
Once Per Account
Must be in a Heavy Tank
Conditions:
Win

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Magres posted:

I'm looking at it and not really seeing why it's terrible compared to the 50 100 or the 50B :iiam:

It has an autoloader that vomits damage and the pen to deliver it, that alone is enough to make a tank at least decent. I mean yeah being in tier 10 games is pretty lame, but you've easily got the gun to curbstomp tier 10s.

I've never liked the 50 120, and I can't really explain why. On paper, it should work, the gun has the stats for it, but it has that magic French ability to throw shots all over the place on a tank with a 3.3s intra-drum reload and a 35s reload.

The T54E1 is a much more reliable way to deliver damage at tier 9 with an auto-loader.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The lack of gun depression really kills it. Other wise it is a decent tank.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

It's also the only tank I have played where the lack of elevation has hosed me.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Hellsau posted:

I like how the 50B has actually great armor since pubbie don't bother shooting the turret and autopenning, and instead bounce on the great front hull. Also it goes fast.

It's not only this, it's also that your turret is so steeply sloped that it's very easy to get stuff to bounce as long as you're not showing them the "neck" of the tank (Hint: Don't). My 50B is probably my #1 "Wow I can't believe I bounced all that poo poo" tank.

Mesadoram posted:

50 120 was a face grind. loving hated it.

The 50 120 is one of the most painful tanks to grind because it only has (had? did they fix this?) 6° of gun ascension. In a slight dip? Hope you didn't want t shoot the thing straight in front of you. It's easily the most frustratingly capable tank I've ever played.

WayAbvPar posted:

The lack of gun depression really kills it. Other wise it is a decent tank.

This is totally not it, it's the lack of elevation like Axetrain said. It makes the tank a thousand time more difficult than even something chinese with 1 or 0 gun depression..

frood fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 5, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Axetrain posted:

It's also the only tank I have played where the lack of elevation has hosed me.
I assume you've never played the SU-85B, then? Because holy poo poo that thing can't shoot upwards at all. It's a pretty hilarious achilles' heel in an otherwise brilliant TD.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
6k damage losses feel bad :smith:

On the bright side, High Caliber and Ace Tanker

Would have been a 2.7k XP double, without premium

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 5, 2015

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Missing Name posted:

TRIVIA TIME!

What do all of these platoonmates have in common?

ANSWER:
they all got killed by this shitlord, one of which was a (fire-assisted) one-shot.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1849907#redshire-byezimyannij-kv-2

Nicely done! I gave you some gold for this. :homebrew:

Mesadoram posted:

50 120 was a face grind. loving hated it.

Hellsau posted:

Hence why I free xped through it. In fact, I've free xped through the T95, WTpz4, 50120 and Lorraine.

I don't enjoy playing tier 9 tanks, so I'm sure as hell not playing through a bad one. Thank you WGA for making Skirmish tournaments pay out a laughable amount.

I liked the 50 120. It plays like the rest of the AMX50s, has a great gun, with ridiculous mobility.

Magres posted:

Fair, no elevation or depression is pretty bad

I was really looking forward to the 50 120, too :smith:

The depression is fine, the elevation was the surprisingly limiting thing. It's fine though, you'll like it (especially with the top gun.)

I think the thing is that I've played so many tanks, the really bad ones make the average ones look good. I've most of the low-depression Chinese tanks and the 2nd Soviet TD line, so the 50 120's depression seems fine, and the other advantages make it seem really good. I did very well in the 50 120; I think these guys are just being babbys. Drive up, magdump, collect kills. :iiam:

Nordick posted:

I assume you've never played the SU-85B, then? Because holy poo poo that thing can't shoot upwards at all. It's a pretty hilarious achilles' heel in an otherwise brilliant TD.

SU-85B SO UP, PLZ BUFF!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Atomizer posted:

SU-85B SO UP, PLZ BUFF!
I, too, miss the halcyon days of a 390m view range 85B. :smith:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I thought the 50 120 owned

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Salean posted:

I thought the 50 120 owned
50 100. One thing I hate about 50B aside from weak armor is that someone can make your life miserable by shooting at turret ring nonstop.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Had a fantastic game on Mountain Pass today.

Blue Batchat sat perfectly still; first round fired of the game I one shot him.

"Welcome to Mountain Pass, population 29."

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 5, 2015

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

The Southern Dandy posted:

You bastard!

(He deserved it.)

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I didn't really mind the 50 120 much. Finicky to play, sure, and not exactly a great tank, but I did decently in it. You can carry games in it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I got one shot twice yesterday in my AMX 30B and T-54 and I thought of you.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
karelia gamechanger incoming

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

You're a beautiful monster.

Atal Vataman posted:

karelia gamechanger incoming

Why even bother calling it Karelia anymore, it'll be completely unrecognizable.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they should make 20 different versions of steppes and call it a day.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

they should make 20 different versions of steppes and call it a day.

Like they did with Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, and Prokhorovka? Winter Steppes on Fire? I like it!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they should make more maps that dont play like mobas

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slaapaav posted:

B...but mobas are hot with the kids right now!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

B...but mobas are hot with the kids right now!

You clearly have a long and glorious future working at WarGaming.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wait WoT isn't a MOBA? I thought all these lovely tanks were just bots driving down the lane as is typical in MOBA's.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BadLlama posted:

Wait WoT isn't a MOBA? I thought all these lovely tanks were just bots driving down the lane as is typical in MOBA's.

Last hitting is disproportionately rewarded. Checks out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

Last hitting is disproportionately rewarded. Checks out.

I want need a Santa hat for my E4.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slaapaav posted:

if i recall correctly a good portion of the Asian and Russian server were pissed off with the idea of Warmaging changing the maps and demanded more MOBA maps. It was bizarre.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Characteristics:

Tier: 8 MT
Hitpoints: 1400
Engine: 460 hp
Weight: 35 tons
Power-to-weight: 13,14 hp/t
Maximum speed: 40/16 km/h
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Turret traverse: 43,8 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 1,055/1,151/2,397
Viewrange: 390
Radio range: 750

Hull armor: 50,8/38,1/?
Turret armor: 63,5/63,5/?

Gun: 105mm D1504 L/51
Damage: 390/390/480
Penetration: 200/250/53
ROF: 4,469
DPM: 1743,1
Reload: 13,425
Accuracy: 0,345
Aimtime: 3,07s
Depression: -5/+15

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/sherman-revalorise-aka-super-sherman.html#more

I really want this. Also I want D-25T armed Sherman, pretty please WG? It's at least somewhat historical.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gervasius posted:

I really want this. Also I want D-25T armed Sherman, pretty please WG? It's at least somewhat historical.

Does it comically fly backwards every time it fires?

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Gervasius posted:

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/05/sherman-revalorise-aka-super-sherman.html#more

What a weird little tank. I'll probably pass on it because I don't particularly like the combination of poor speed, poor armor, poor depression, and poor DPM. The view range and alpha are great, though. I can see how some people might enjoy it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

What a weird little tank. I'll probably pass on it because I don't particularly like the combination of poor speed, poor armor, and poor DPM. The view range and alpha is great, though. I can see how some people might enjoy it.

I already got a fantastic French premium medium, I think I am going to pass on this bad boy also.

Cool that they are adding more poo poo though... even if they do look a little lovely.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Azhais posted:

There was an A-19 armed Sherman that the Yugoslavians built, it didn't fly backwards but was pretty unstable and had very limited vertical traverse angles. Also it was made way after they already had better tanks.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Something about a Sherman getting basically a Russian 122mm cannon but better makes me get a little hard to be honest. However can't wait for an ELC to just drive right in front of this guy and the sherman can't look down enough to shoot the ELC, it'll be hilarious.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 5, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Atomizer posted:

Nicely done! I gave you some gold for this. :homebrew:

Thank you, Comrade. I'll load more gold in my Churchill III.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Missing Name posted:

Thank you, Comrade. I'll load more gold in my Churchill III.

Just remember the key to playing the Church 3: Don't give a poo poo at any time. It works, trust me.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Azhais posted:

Nah that comically large muzzle brake keeps the recoil down to manageable levels. It should, however, be penalized with a very large visibility penalty every time it fires.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mesadoram posted:

Just remember the key to playing the Church 3: Don't give a poo poo at any time. It works, trust me.

I found this to be true in the British churchills as well. Trindle everywhere auto aiming like a boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Key to churchill III is to make sure you expose your entire tank to the enemy so that they don't get the wise idea of shooting your flat easily pennable turret.