Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'd still eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Share it with the horse. They would probably love a good burg.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Norns posted:

I'd still eat it.

Absolutely. It fell cheese-side down so just peel that off, melt a new piece of cheese while a new bun is toasting.

Don't waste a burg.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Norns posted:

I'd still eat it.

I rage stomped it 10 seconds later, and booted it into the hedge. Starving African children...

Chinatown posted:

Share it with the horse. They would probably love a good burg.

They're veggies.. they'll never know what it's like to chow down on a good bit of beef...

Cooked up this instead..

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Went burgin today. JL Beers. Burg was awesome as always - fries were too oily

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress yeah. I see a fried egg!

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Manslaughter posted:

What Norns said, bacon looks nice too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Couple good posts of simple, no frills burgers. Good burgers.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Did this a few weeks ago. Tom Thumb didn't have egg buns so I went with pretzel. I pretty much followed this video word for word:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

I was a little scared about not putting anything in the beef before throwing it down in the cast iron, but jesus christ if this wasn't the best burger i've made in my life. Will be doing this again!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Manslaughter posted:

Eggs on burgers are so loving good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fenrir posted:

Eggs are so loving good.

Ftfy

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Gonna head to Japan when Windows 10 gets released...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jamsta posted:

Gonna head to Japan when Windows 10 gets released...

Whole cow on a bun.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
The best Whopper I had was in Singapore. Whoppers at Hungry Jacks in Australia have way too much sauce and the buns are soggy because they are microwaved or something stupid. Singaporean teens have pride in their Whoppers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've had really good luck with western burger chains in most Asian countries honestly.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Norns posted:

I've had really good luck with western burger chains in most Asian countries honestly.

Usually paying a premium so maybe people expect better, they also have to compete with good quality meals for 2.50 SPD

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

That's too much burg for me.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

poemdexter posted:

Did this a few weeks ago. Tom Thumb didn't have egg buns so I went with pretzel. I pretty much followed this video word for word:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZuDMKXWU_E

I was a little scared about not putting anything in the beef before throwing it down in the cast iron, but jesus christ if this wasn't the best burger i've made in my life. Will be doing this again!

You should definitely not watch this video when its late and you have no burgers at hand to sate the lust that will come afterwards.

Also his advice is 100% legit. Buttered bun or get out. Don't gently caress with your patties or get out. Cast iron burgs or get outttttttttt.

The steam blast at the end for ultra-gooey melty cheese is also pro tier.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
Always liked Burger King, until the last time I ate a whopper two years ago and a guy came to ask us if whe drove a grey car.
Yes we did, we drove in someone elses car for the week.
To make a long story short, the BF apparently neglected to park the car properly and the thing rolled into the guys car that was parked on the other side of the street.
Most expensive burger I ever ate :-/

Anyway, in my town, there are two small burger chains (as in two restaurants in total each, I think) that are amazing.
One does normal burgers, but makes them....perfect! (Great charcoal grill, excellent condiments, great fries)
The other is like a haute cuisine burger restaurant. (duck burgers, vitello tonato burgers, biological pig burger, prawn burger, wagyu burger, etc)
They're both excellent additions to a town filled with mcD and BK, I don't think there even was a proper burger joint before.

Tomorrow I'll probably be making a chicken burger myself.
I'd rather have a normal burger, but there is some chicken that needs to be eaten and I came across serious eats this morning:
http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/04/the-best-fking-grilled-chicken-sandwich-ever-recipe.html
will need to figure out what I'm going to make exactly, although I already know the chicken, bacon and tomato will be in there.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007

paraquat posted:

biological pig burger

wut?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

paraquat posted:

biological pig burger

best band name

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
:-D

I guess I should've said free range pig - burger
but this is better!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Cross-posting from the what did you cook thread.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
is that whisky

do you drink whisky with food

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Dyna Soar posted:

is that whisky

do you drink whisky with food

yup

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Olpainless posted:

good post.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Olpainless posted:

nice effort burg mate. would

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What is the yellow stuff in the bowl?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

What is the yellow stuff in the bowl?

Smoked garlic mayo.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

ok

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Man, even the lovely frozen white castles are okay with me.

White castle Has some poo poo fries though!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I've never had White Castle. They had one in Las Vegas when I was there a few weeks ago but didnt try it.

Vegas also has a Shake Shack now. Good place to burg I suppose.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

White Castle first came to Vegas a couple of years ago for a food truck festival. There was a three hour line to get their burgers. No wait at the food trucks, not even the ones with burgers. People are kind of dumb about White Castle.

Shake Shack is okay and definitely better than Smash Burger, which also came to town recently. I still prefer Five Guys or Red Robin if I'm going to go out for a fast food burger, though. Burger Bar on the Strip has some pretty great options for meat and toppings, including seared foie gras, and they have an incredibly thick nutella milk shake. I don't go there often but they do a good job overall. They're probably my favorite burger place in town.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Next time in Vegas I'm gonna go to the Fatburger that's right on the strip and have a burger and watch the disgusting procession of people walk by.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

If you want to see a disgusting procession of people, go to Downtown Fremont Street and eat at the Heart Attack Grill. Over 350 pounds eats free!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

bartolimu posted:

If you want to see a disgusting procession of people, go to Downtown Fremont Street and eat at the Heart Attack Grill. Over 350 pounds eats free!

Holy poo poo in just looked at the menu.

They have a burger with 40 slices of bacon...

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Norns posted:

Holy poo poo in just looked at the menu.

They have a burger with 40 slices of bacon...

How would much sodium not cause a serious health condition like, right there on the spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The people that eat that are already unhealthy or dying so they dont give a poo poo

It's funny to me, sure it might taste good going in but your body is going to fight you all the way on this one...

Polio Vax Scene fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 6, 2015

• Locked thread