Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

RVT posted:

You're #18, we're only about 8 names down the list. Keep them builders working, we'll get to you soon.

Related to that

Still need one of these 3 people to fill the last spot in 2poor before I open it up further.

Thanks, I didn't realize that I was so far down on the list!

Still having a blast with the game although my PH is only a 5. I finally have upgraded my Tavern enough, L5, so that I can send in a swarm of brutes and gunners. I just built a Voodoo Hut and have started playing around with witch doctors. I've been sending in one on my raids and he sometimes seem to keep the gunners alive a little longer. Going to keep upgrading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I use Bombers a lot because they're hilarious to me. Nasty as hell when they concentrate on the right target, until their ADHD kicks in and you're screaming at them to stop running halfway across the map to blow up an outhouse.

Juggernauts have their advantages -- stronger out of the gate than moderately upgraded Brutes, less team cost -- but you have to remember that they won't beeline for defenses like Brutes will. They'll cheerfully beat on a Guild Hall while a Bunker an inch away peppers them.

At the moment I go 5 Brutes, 4 Jugs, then split the rest between Bombers and Gunners. Make a hole, send in the Brutes to clear out mortars, then spam.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

delfin posted:

I use Bombers a lot because they're hilarious to me. Nasty as hell when they concentrate on the right target, until their ADHD kicks in and you're screaming at them to stop running halfway across the map to blow up an outhouse.

Juggernauts have their advantages -- stronger out of the gate than moderately upgraded Brutes, less team cost -- but you have to remember that they won't beeline for defenses like Brutes will. They'll cheerfully beat on a Guild Hall while a Bunker an inch away peppers them.

At the moment I go 5 Brutes, 4 Jugs, then split the rest between Bombers and Gunners. Make a hole, send in the Brutes to clear out mortars, then spam.

If you're spending all that grog, might as well mix in a WitchDoctor once you get the first Guardian upgrade. That comp should be able to roll a lot of bases.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Anyone noticed that the Android version of this game seems to be always on, even if you quit the game? It loads instantly even after a proper quit out. I've noticed that my phone battery drains significantly faster if I don't manually force close the app after quitting.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

RVT posted:

If you're spending all that grog, might as well mix in a WitchDoctor once you get the first Guardian upgrade. That comp should be able to roll a lot of bases.

I plan to, but my Voodoo Hut is just now a day away from Tier 2.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Flayer posted:

Anyone noticed that the Android version of this game seems to be always on, even if you quit the game? It loads instantly even after a proper quit out. I've noticed that my phone battery drains significantly faster if I don't manually force close the app after quitting.

I get the fast start-up sometimes but it's hard to predict.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Just made 4 spots in 2poor. If you were kicked and pick the game back up, please feel free to apply to LLJK.

Up for transfer:

Kanimas
Tortoiseshell Tom
gwrtheyrn
Mugsbaloney
TrashCanGammy
Apogee

6 names for 4 slots. Check that 2poor has room before you drop LLJK. First 4 to transfer get them. Those that don't will remain at the top of the list for the next wave.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What are the exact upgrades to skip for each troop type?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Zotix posted:

What are the exact upgrades to skip for each troop type?

Most important is WitchDoctor -

Skip the +3 Toughness on the bottom branch of Voodoo Hut 1.
Skip the +5 Toughness on the top branch of Voodoo Hut 3.

Since the amount of Total Upgrades is what determines the grog/time cost, and it ramps way way up on a per-upgrade basis as you get closer to the max number (for WDs in particular), skipping these two upgrades will let you get The Guardian (VH3) which is a massive upgrade, and The Guardian II (VH4) which I assume is very good as well, while saving you the massive grog/time increases from the WD's "final" 2 upgrades.

Maybe I can say that another way if that doesn't make sense.

If this is all you skip, you're probably fine.

Other troops:

Priestess - I'd skip all of the top branch in VH3. Ghost Buster is not efficient on such an expensive troop, and Toughness upgrades aren't going to do much.

Bombers - Don't skip anything prior to Academy 6. Bomber upgrades in Academy 1-5 are much better than 6-7. So, if you want to keep your Bombers a little cheaper, you can just stop upgrading them at the end. The reason skipping upgrades is so important for WD/Priestess, is that their best upgrades are at the end of their trees.

Juggs - if you want you could skip the bottom branch in Academy 4-5 and/or the bottom branch in Academy 6-7. My Juggs are only level 14, so I'm not sure how brutally it ramps up at the end, so I'm not sure how many of these you really need to skip.

Heavy Gunner - I'd definitely skip the +10 Toughness in the top branch at the beginning of Academy 5. Other than that it's hard to skip much until Academy 7. You need the Range upgrades, and the +30 Damage is really nice too.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Liet
Oct 7, 2003
Applied to LLJK as Stihl.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

RVT posted:

Just made 4 spots in 2poor. If you were kicked and pick the game back up, please feel free to apply to LLJK.

Up for transfer:

Kanimas
Tortoiseshell Tom
gwrtheyrn
Mugsbaloney
TrashCanGammy
Apogee

6 names for 4 slots. Check that 2poor has room before you drop LLJK. First 4 to transfer get them. Those that don't will remain at the top of the list for the next wave.

Still got 3 spots in 2poor. I guess people don't check the thread anymore?

Anyway, here are some more names:

15 fastfarts
16 Peghead Pete
17 Stringbean
18 Poop Island
19 crazyland
20 Dread Pirate Rob

That's 11 guys that can fill 3 spots. Hopefully, we get them filled.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

RVT posted:

Still got 3 spots in 2poor. I guess people don't check the thread anymore?

Anyway, here are some more names:

15 fastfarts
16 Peghead Pete
17 Stringbean
18 Poop Island
19 crazyland
20 Dread Pirate Rob

That's 11 guys that can fill 3 spots. Hopefully, we get them filled.

Requested as peghead pete

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Requested as fast darts

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
Sent a request as TrashCanGammy. Starting to really like this game, but noticing that the average level of thought going into defences seems to be gradually increasing. Seem to be doing ok though considering.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

trashcangammy posted:

Sent a request as TrashCanGammy. Starting to really like this game, but noticing that the average level of thought going into defences seems to be gradually increasing. Seem to be doing ok though considering.

Thankfully people still rush like hell.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
You'll see a big change above 300 PR, and another big change above 400 PR.

Just checked your layout. I really like it for PH4.

2poor is back to full for the moment. Will post when spots open up for the next group.

RVT fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 9, 2015

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Haven't been keeping up with the thread...so missed out on 2poor invite...s'all right though just keep chugging along. Did a redesign so should be a bit better now. P5 finishes in a few hours so that's nice.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer

RVT posted:

Some pitfalls in upgrading troops I've just discovered.

If you buy too many of the upgrades, your troops will become basically unusable due to grog cost and time to recruit.

The troops most affected by this are the WitchDoctor, Bomber, Heavy Gunner, and Jugg.

WitchDoctor is the biggest offender. If you avoid the lone 3hp and 5hp branches on the WD upgrade tree, you can get the last upgrade, Guardian, which is a massive buff, and only pay 50k grog per WD. If you get the two minor, avoidable hp buffs, your WDs will cost 100k each. There is no way to undo this besides starting a new account.

I'll have to figure out the optimal paths for the other troops later.

To me this seems clearly unintended, and a massive problem for people that just did all the upgrades and now have unusable troops. There are lots of complaints on the official forums, but I haven't seen any dev response. Hopefully, this is addressed in the PH8 patch, or soon afterwards.

Awhile back I know, but did you or anyone else ever find out the optimal paths for upgrades on the different troops?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Finagle posted:

Awhile back I know, but did you or anyone else ever find out the optimal paths for upgrades on the different troops?

Like 5 posts up. It's only a few troops you need to worry about. Do every upgrade on troops I don't mention.

I'll try to rewrite the OP more this weekend. I never thought so many would read it.

Plunder Pirates Devs posted:

Lets get ready to Rumble!!

Have you ever wondered just how good your Guild is? The leaderboard is one thing, but how about in direct competition with another Guild?
With Guild Rumbles, now you can find out! 5 Guilds pitted against each other in a race to win the most BP in PvP combat is the name of the game. How committed are you?

Coming soon in the next update!

RVT fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 9, 2015

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
All those islands you skip through with like 2 cannons and a guntower are going to be perpetually smashed into a pulp under the jackboot of an infinite march of 4 Buccaneers.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
5 new open spots in 2poor.

Here are the names that are eligible for transfer:

4 Kanimas
8 Tortoiseshell Tom
11 gwrtheyrn
12 Mugsbaloney
17 Stringbean
18 Poop Island
19 crazyland
20 Dread Pirate Rob
21 Goonbrush
22 Zotics

That's 10 guys that can fill 5 spots. First 5 to apply get them. As always, before you drop LLJK, check 2poor still has room.

And of course, if you are just starting PP or coming back after a break, please continue to apply to LLJK (caps, red and blue flag) first.

NFX posted:

Well mine's older. I never saw this thread and just assumed there weren't any other goon guilds.

Catching up on an old to-do list, meant to send this awhile back. Feel free to come on over to LLJK. Get some of your perks funded and some donated troops!

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 10, 2015

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I applied

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Not sure if I'm on the list for 2poor but I wanna be. LLJK is pretty active in the mean time.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Not sure if I'm on the list for 2poor but I wanna be. LLJK is pretty active in the mean time.

Everyone that has posted in the thread is on the list. It's just a long list.

Related to that, LLJK is still a thriving and progressing bunch, so new guys should feel free to join and enjoy the perks and donations, and the guys waiting for a spot in 2poor shouldn't feel like they are missing much.

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
Just joined 2poor as Goonbrush :krad:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I was going to start messing around with this so have applied to LLJK as Aleth.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Applied to 2 poor with crazyland

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
The only problem with this game that I seem to have is having problems remembering to do walls. By the time I notice i'm like "poo poo, my builders are busy again".

E: Did it while I was thinking about it.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 11, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
As I'm sure you just noticed, the good thing about walls is that while they do require a builder and get expensive, they upgrade instantly.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
They are also the only big gold sink. I haven't added it up in a spreadsheet, but it must be millions more grog with troop upgrades. I am sitting on a million gold, slowly upgrading my defenses.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Might as well kick me out of 2poor. I haven't really played in a while.

IGN: ArteaSA.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I need some advice.

35 troop cost and I'm stuck looking for a good troop balance, I need to farm BP for Academy upgrades. What is a good brute/ gunner number?
I'm great at raiding resources but judging which base I can destroy is different.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

EzEight posted:

I need some advice.

35 troop cost and I'm stuck looking for a good troop balance, I need to farm BP for Academy upgrades. What is a good brute/ gunner number?
I'm great at raiding resources but judging which base I can destroy is different.

I'd try 5/15 and see how that feels.

Just attack a lot, and you'll get a feel for what you can handle. If you are getting lots of resources then you're fine. The BP from raiding is garbage. Keep your boat hitting fish, and your errands going and you'll get your bp.

If you want easier bases, drop some PR. If you really want to farm bp through raids, drop to sub 50 and just drop a few buccs on fresh nubs like crazy. It's a super boring way to farm though.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

RVT posted:

5 new open spots in 2poor.
I'm already bored of this game, feel free to kick me from lljk or whatever

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
We still have 3 spots in 2poor. Here are more names that are eligible for transfer:

4 Kanimas
8 Tortoiseshell Tom
12 Mugsbaloney
17 Stringbean
20 Dread Pirate Rob
23 EdrinShrike
24 Lastbil
25 Edrinshrike
26 Arbetor
27 Bloodbeard
28 Neckbeard

First 3 to apply get them. As always, before you drop LLJK, check 2poor still has room.

Thanks to all the guys that tried PP out, even if you quit. Especially to the guys that let me know in the thread.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

RVT posted:

28 Neckbeard

Applied for 2 poor.

Honestly, I was perfectly happy in LLJK, but you guys keep stealing our most active members. Lately we can't even keep guild perks funded except for the Blacksmith.

So I guess I will jump ship too. Ha, get it? A boat themed cliché... for a game with boats...

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 13, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Re-apply to 2poor Arbetor. Another officer rejected you. That's my bad.

gromdul posted:

Honestly, I was perfectly happy in LLJK, but you guys keep stealing our most active members.

Not actually stealing, but I'm assuming that was a joke.

I don't see us having more than 50 active goons after a few more weeks. So, hopefully we'll have everyone in the same guild soon.

RVT fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 13, 2015

tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008
This game looks pretty slick. Just requested to join LLJK as Bulk Vanderhuge.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

tokyosexwale posted:

This game looks pretty slick. Just requested to join LLJK as Bulk Vanderhuge.

You're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Applied to LLJK as Koa the Cat

• Locked thread